US Fidelis

RAGDOLL MX

Good idea or not?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. would you get it?

• yes
    • no

http://www.usfidelis.com

it will cover a vehicle thats up to 15 years old and under 250K milage. I have read good and bad about them, some say scam, they word their contract that within 60 days or 3000 miles of first getting it, you cant make a claim. I havent called them yet to see if that is true. and in the last 3 years they have had 803 complaints with the BBB. so iam kinda on the fence with this

my truck is a 1997 Ranger with 130K miles...so iam going to see what it would take to cover it. and how much it would be.

its an aftermarket warranty company.. if anything happens be prepared to sit and wait for an adjuster to come out look at it take pictures blah blah blah.. then call you up and tell you NOPE not covered.

Almost all ext. warranty policies on something old and with many miles is a POS policy and they will likely not cover most claims. During the time I did heavy-line for 9 years, I saw many motor jobs declined because of these garbage policies and shady companies. They come up with any excuse to deny the claim. If they do cover it, they send you a 500 dollar junkyard motor from an auto-salvage company. They aren't worth it.

in my 40 years of living, i have recently come to the conclusion that extended warranties are just a ploy to get even more money from you than they already have.

i would recommend not doing it

hell, youre a good mechanic..prolly not too much you cant fix on it if something goes wrong.......

I am with the others on this one. But take into consideration that you will only need the policy for another 120k miles. How much will the policy cost you? And what if anything do you see that could possibly go wrong within that timeframe?

in my 40 years of living, i have recently come to the conclusion that extended warranties are just a ploy to get even more money from you than they already have.

i would recommend not doing it

hell, youre a good mechanic..prolly not too much you cant fix on it if something goes wrong.......

true except for GMPP. That is the only company that is close to a factory warranty (for GM at least)

I'm pretty glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was just thinking about this yesterday - how I needed to start my "project" of looking into an extended warranty for my truck. I have a very bad habit of not keeping vehicles very long, so I'm def not well informed on this subject. I didn't even consider buying one with the truck because I didn't plan on keeping it for more than 3 yrs. Well.... the factory warranty is up in October, and I love my truck, so now I'm thinking about warranties. If anyone else has any more input on this, I would also like to hear it. If it helps any... I have an '06 F150 with 16k miles.

Sorry, Cole... not trying to hi-jack your thread. If you find anything good, could you let me know?? Thanks.

a 97 Ranger is worth, what 5000? The us Fidelis, tells you they will cover blah blah if this happens and what not. But you have to spend 2500 up front and then 500 each claim, i have heard that if it goes in at the same time for a transmission issue that caused the tranny to sh*t along with the rear end (not saying its gonna happen but along these lines) that they are 2 different claims.

you got a house with a garage, roll up the black carpet and get your hands dirty :beercheers:

BTW how was rehab's opening day? i was walking to the joint and there was this guy with arms and shoulders bigger than my whole damn torso, wtf dude lay off the roids! :lol:

sheeeit pimpshack...remember the probs i had with my GMPP??? fuggers just denied repainting my truck too :lol:

huh? No I don't remember. :lol:

REPAINTING your truck? :?: That's not what ext warranties are for. :beercheers::slap:

We deal with them every day at the dealer and I can tell you right now they cover all legitimate, required repairs 99% of the time. :blury:

huh? No I don't remember. :lol:

REPAINTING your truck? :?: That's not what ext warranties are for. :beercheers::lol:

We deal with them every day at the dealer and I can tell you right now they cover all legitimate, required repairs 99% of the time. :blury:

arguing the definition of "trim" is what the problem was

my paint is still covered under the origninal 7/70....when they sold me the truck, they also ran a carfax to show me it had never been in an accident

about 6 months ago, i started seeing some nasty hazing on the passanger side from the doors all the way to the back of the rear panel.

they denied because they say it had been painted :lol: I produced the carfax report they did when they sold the truck to me as GM certified....

they then jumped on the "you must have wrecked it and had it painted yourself" bandwagon

im never getting another ext warranty again

your shop must have scruples, because 3 way chevrolet :slap::lol: sure doesnt....im not the only one that s having probs with them either...it seems they are denying EVERYTHING right now.

rant oof

my paint is still covered under the origninal 7/70....when they sold me the truck, they also ran a carfax to show me it had never been in an accident

about 6 months ago, i started seeing some nasty hazing on the passanger side from the doors all the way to the back of the rear panel.

they denied because they say it had been painted :beercheers: I produced the carfax report they did when they sold the truck to me as GM certified....

they then jumped on the "you must have wrecked it and had it painted yourself" bandwagon

your shop must have scruples, because 3 way chevrolet :blury::lol: sure doesnt....im not the only one that s having probs with them either...it seems they are denying EVERYTHING right now.

rant oof

That's not even a repair, that's COSMETIC chit. :clown: :slap: Most things like paint, trim and weatherstrip stuff are not covered under extended warranty policies. That's rediculous to say you'd never buy another ext warranty again. :lol: I bet you'd feel different if they covered a $800 alternator job, $1000 water pump job, $8000 trans job, etc without even flinching. ;)

That's not even a repair, that's COSMETIC chit. :clown: :lol: Most things like paint, trim and weatherstrip stuff are not covered under extended warranty policies. That's rediculous to say you'd never buy another ext warranty again. :beercheers: I bet you'd feel different if they covered a $800 alternator job, $1000 water pump job, $8000 trans job, etc without even flinching. ;)

they even had the factory rep come in and look at it.....they had my truck for 2 days while they gave me a rental so that the fact rep could check it out...

i would be extremely happy if they did that, but the issues i have had with the vehicle, they didnt cover.....it seems to me, im my instances, that the extended warranty that i have is worded such that it can be danced around by them if need be.

they even had the factory rep come in and look at it.....they had my truck for 2 days while they gave me a rental so that the fact rep could check it out...

i would be extremely happy if they did that, but the issues i have had with the vehicle, they didnt cover.....it seems to me, im my instances, that the extended warranty that i have is worded such that it can be danced around by them if need be.

then it sounds to me like it was a different company...not a GMPP plan

GMPP has an automated approval system when we call in labor operation codes. They are either covered or not. 99% of the time they are covered....unless you are trying to call in a new PAINT JOB ma facka! :beercheers::lol:

then it sounds to me like it was a different company...not a GMPP plan

GMPP has an automated approval system when we call in labor operation codes. They are either covered or not. 99% of the time they are covered....unless you are trying to call in a new PAINT JOB ma facka! :old::slap:

"sir...there is no code for a new paint job"

:dope: <<<<<<<<<<<me

:dope:

its time to :unsure::laughing::booty:

I'm pretty glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was just thinking about this yesterday - how I needed to start my "project" of looking into an extended warranty for my truck. I have a very bad habit of not keeping vehicles very long, so I'm def not well informed on this subject. I didn't even consider buying one with the truck because I didn't plan on keeping it for more than 3 yrs. Well.... the factory warranty is up in October, and I love my truck, so now I'm thinking about warranties. If anyone else has any more input on this, I would also like to hear it. If it helps any... I have an '06 F150 with 16k miles.

Sorry, Cole... not trying to hi-jack your thread. If you find anything good, could you let me know?? Thanks.

On this truck i would definately consider a extended warranty if you are going to keep it. Not that its a bad truck, but there is so much that can go wrong and it's so expensive to have anything repaired. If you are in so cal and you decide you want one let me know. I work at a Subaru store but have a sister Ford store and I can hook you up with a deal.

Just saw that you are in Hendo, but PM me anyway if you want one, Im sure we can do it through mail.

they denied because they say it had been painted :laughing: I produced the carfax report they did when they sold the truck to me as GM certified....

your shop must have scruples, because 3 way chevrolet :booty::old: sure doesnt....im not the only one that s having probs with them either...it seems they are denying EVERYTHING right now.

rant oof

Cheese, im not the biggest fan of GMPP. I dont even work for GM anymore, and i agree that some of their reps are d!cks but paint is a tough one. Remember that a Carfax will not show if the prior owner had the truck repaired without reporting to insurance or police. Especially a small repair. If that owner just paid out of pocket to repaint some scratches on the door, Carfax wont catch it and 99% of dealers wont catch it at certification. Really not GMs fault or the dealer's.

BTW, ive dealt with Three Way before, and they sucked balls, but they do have the best dealer name ever "Three-Way Hummer" :unsure:

Edited by rushjunkie