duramax

mex450

hi guys this is eric, i have a 05 duramax diesel 2500 , what do u think about me taking my truck to change the tranny oil to the dealer ,, or should i take it to any local shop? or try to do it myself..any suggestions gracias.. :dunno:

hi guys this is eric, i have a 05 duramax diesel 2500 , what do u think about me taking my truck to change the tranny oil to the dealer ,, or should i take it to any local shop? or try to do it myself..any suggestions gracias.. :dunno:

its pretty easy to do yourself. youve got a spin on filter to replace, and a drain bolt that will drop about 2 gallons of tranny fluid. I recommend getting transynd. its pretty spendy, like 35-40 dollars a gallon, but synthetic, and when you are fully synthetic with transynd in the tranny, its good for 150K :D

the entire system holds like 5-6 gallons tho, and takes 2 to three changes to be fully synthetic

www.dieselplace.com is a great resource and a wealth of knowledge for duramax owners

good luck

we do have some mr goodwrenches on here too that might chime in

I only have 1 suggestion, whichever of the 3 choices .... do not wear fluffy slippers.

and you better know I'm just messin wit ya :blink:

Take it to the dealer / shop so they can flush it out. :blink:

u can't flush out the allison trans :MBdance:

contact johnny p on here or dirt princess (thats his wife).... he is a tech over at Desert GMC.. I used to work with him over there and he can do it for u... :dunno:

oh yeah dieselplace.com is good too :pissed:

Edited by Moparskin18

Henderson Chevy....... @ the auto mall....

:dunno:

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

Eric, bring it down to Hend Chevy and ask for Bert (sanddunessaddict) to take care of it. He is the Dmax maintenance king. :MBdance::pissed::blink:

contact johnny p on here or dirt princess (thats his wife).... he is a tech over at Desert GMC.. I used to work with him over there and he can do it for u... :dunno:

oh yeah dieselplace.com is good too :smoker:

Good to know, and that my friends is why I have a mechanic service my stuff :pissed::blink:

oh yeah dieselplace.com is good too :smoker:

Good to know, and that my friends is why I have a mechanic service my stuff :pissed::blink:

I do not know who told you that you cant flush an Allison trans but they are full of it.

Richard cheese is right about the Transynd.It it very good fluid but isnt needed unless you tow extremley heavy sh*t or want extended drain intervals.

I dont recommend the extended drain intervals on a 1000 series(Duramax) because it doesnt hold that much.

I can do a complete trans flush with both filters with only 22-28 quarts and thats good for 30-60k depending on towing duties.

On a medium duty which is another story altogether it takes 6-7 gallons just to do a drain and fill so the Transynd is worth it because it take alot more fluid.

If your interested in having me do any service on it pm me for my number and we can talk or just bring it to Henderson Chevy like Pete said and request me