Genny needs fresh lube

80grit

Just a friendly reminder to service your generator this off season.

We tend to run our generators for long hours and forget about them. I just changed the oil and filter in mine and it looked a bit "used". Whole job took 20 minutes.

Would hate to hit the season this October and have it fail out there.

If you have a toy hauler or RV with an Onan.... You can order the filter directly from them and they will ship it to you.

Here is their website.

http://www.cumminsonanstore.com/

I have the filter and the oil ready to go in mine. As soon as I get it back from the river,I will do a complete service on it. Oil,filter,fuel filter,air filter, spark plug. I cant believe the hours mine has on it already. My hauler is only a few seasons old. Im hoping to install an inverter before dune season. Makes much more sense than running the generator just to watch a movie.

Thanks for the reminder Rob.

The only synthetic 30W I can find is the volvo synthetic I use for my boat. What grade do you use 10-30 or 30W.

I run a fleet grade 15W-40....same stuff that I run in the Dmax.

This is off the topic...sort of...but I misread the title of this thread as "GRANNY needs fresh lube"

The kicker is I wasn't even mildly shocked at that title, this being DDR and all lol

:laughing:

:whistle:

I only run the Onan stuff I am a big a$$ chicken ( I know it's synthetic) and I pay a premium but hey it's in the same spot when I buy my filter. And it only takes what less then 2 qts.

April that is some funny sh*t and no I wouldn't have been shocked either with DDR! LOL

• 1 year later...

I was playing with the search function and man that new server cooks!

Anyways, I came across this old thread from a year a go.

Just another friendly reminder, its that time of the year.

Service your Genny. 30 days to Halloween :laughoff:

My generator hasnt run in a whole season. Had someone look at it last season after it had bad gas in it for a while. Got all that out, got it to run finally last halloween, let it run about 5 hrs, thought it would be good, shut it off overnight, nothing the next morning. Anyone in town wanna take a look at it and help a girl out?

• 2 weeks later...

My generator hasnt run in a whole season. Had someone look at it last season after it had bad gas in it for a while. Got all that out, got it to run finally last halloween, let it run about 5 hrs, thought it would be good, shut it off overnight, nothing the next morning. Anyone in town wanna take a look at it and help a girl out?

Did you ever get anyone to look at yo Jenny?

:beercheers: