Need Ideas for chain tensioner

higheroctane69

I have a nylon roller setup on my sandbullet right now just trying to switch it to something else. I am tired of changing these rollers out every three trips. I am looking to see if anyone has anything different out there that they have better luck with. I was thinking of useing a sprocket tensioner instead but I believe it will heat the chain more than I want. If not where can I get these nylon rollers at in vegas, I am getting them from a builder in cali but want a place in vegas. thanx for the help. i will get pics of my setup as soon as I put it back together

I have a nylon roller setup on my sandbullet right now just trying to switch it to something else. I am tired of changing these rollers out every three trips. I am looking to see if anyone has anything different out there that they have better luck with. I was thinking of useing a sprocket tensioner instead but I believe it will heat the chain more than I want. If not where can I get these nylon rollers at in vegas, I am getting them from a builder in cali but want a place in vegas. thanx for the help. i will get pics of my setup as soon as I put it back together

My son and I used Delrin on our tentioners. Machined the holes to the bearing size we were running. Sons lasted two seasons. Mine was a season. I experimented with impregnated nylons but a real pain to machine.

These were on sick sand rails.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#delrin-af-rods/=3rrv0r

lol, I was just posting that Wingy. ^^^^^

Back in the day :pics: , I replaced several Banshee chain rollers with a urethane skateboard wheel.

The bearing bores and spacing were the same size as the stock.

I machines the wheels down on the lathe using razor blades.

I know urethane would hold up way longer than nylon.

Check into that! :D

R-

:pics:

Some mini buggy builders have build some horrible designed tensioners where there is too much pressure on the roller causing premature wear. I know Sonic sandcars were horrible for that, but not sure about Sandbullet.

I usually get many many years out of one roller on my car. Shiat, now that I think of it...I go through frames quicker than chain rollers. :pics:

Some mini buggy builders have build some horrible designed tensioners where there is too much pressure on the roller causing premature wear. I know Sonic sandcars were horrible for that, but not sure about Sandbullet.

I usually get many many years out of one roller on my car. Shiat, now that I think of it...I go through frames quicker than chain rollers. :lol:

How about some pics of your set up?