Hot Showers Opening Weekend!

The Shower Queen

Hot Showers at Dumont Dunes  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How does the opportunity to take a hot shower or two out at the dunes sound?

• Awesome! I'd give my last six pack for it!
    • Your Kidding! I like gritty teeth and armpits!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a vendor there for a while and I can tell you that a 'spot' on the row is in the eye of the vendor. Some vendors believe a position is important. I don't and many times I have been up the row, down the row and at the end of the row. It hasn't mattered. Now if you were selling the same thing as 5 other vendors, it might make a difference if you had a spot closer to one end rather than the end of the row waay out there, because people are only willing to walk so far.

On the other hand, you'll be the only shower vendor there so I gaurantee you, with that rig pictured, you'll be found.

Now, for those that will tell you, Doghouse always tries to get the end spot, yes I do, because I want a large area for my sandrail customers to park when they pull up. On the 'row' you don't get that luxury. You'll want to save a big spot with some plastic fencing around you so your customers can park since they'll be there a while.

Phil

In your location you always look closed.

We came by several times, looked like a parked vehicle, and perhaps your biz was someplace else on vendors row that we never spotted.

Jus' sayin'.

In your location you always look closed.

We came by several times, looked like a parked vehicle, and perhaps your biz was someplace else on vendors row that we never spotted.

Jus' sayin'.

that's part of the problem of me vending alone like i do, when i have 'to go', i close my vending window so as to have some peace. Same with when I am eating or sleeping.

I always open at 8 am and always close around 8pm to 9:30pm depending on traffic up to my window.

Sorry you missed me.

whats the time limit in the shower??

great idea! Ill use it!

Just to put my 2 cents in for what its worth I had a nice hot shower at the Dunes on Thanksgiving thanks to the Maui shower folks, I only have one gripe that it felt soooooooooogood I wish it was like 8 minutes long instead of 5 min. but you know what they say IT WAS GOOD WHILE IT LASTED! :beercheers::yiah: