Is anybody hungry?

BigBlockTank

we're making a traditional southern New Year's Day meal, collad and mustard greens seasoned with some pork belly, kinda like bacon. Also having black-eyed peas with fat back. The cornbread should be out of the oven in about 10 mins. or so.

Y'all come on over and gitcha some!!!! :ban-split:

The black-eyed peas are for luck and the greens are for money, by traditional folk lore. I don't beleive it for a NY sec., but I keep eating it anyway.

I live in tucson, on the east side of town. Houghton and Golf Links rds.!!!!

Cornbread is done, and colling. You'd better hurry up before it gets cold. I would put pics on, but then I wouldn't have enough to feed everybody that came over!!!!

BBTank

I was droolin' until you said collad greens. That sounds like something from New Hampshire. But if yer whippin' up some collard greens then I'm down.

And Budan??? C'mon ya'll if ya gotta little Dirty South in you then atleast get this stuff right. It's Boudin for crimminies sake!

Cain't beat Southern cookin'. Why'dya think Alabama and Mississippi are the most obese states in America?

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

I was droolin' until you said collad greens. That sounds like something from New Hampshire. But if yer whippin' up some collard greens then I'm down.

And Budan??? C'mon ya'll if ya gotta little Dirty South in you then atleast get this stuff right. It's Boudin for crimminies sake!

Cain't beat Southern cookin'. Why'dya think Alabama and Mississippi are the most obese states in America?

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

AMEN!!!!

I usually do chitlin's (chitterlings) but just didn't do'em this year.

We're going to Hot Wells Dunes in Bowie, AZ for the new car's first shake down run. We'll be doing trepas de leche out in the desert fo sho'.

If you ever see me at the dunes, you better stop by my toy hauler, always a cold adult beverage, a shot of something, and something good to munch on, ribs, carne asada, buttermilk fried chicken, the list goes on and on and.......

Hell Yeah! Everybody likes a little South in their mouth!

Just did three trips to Glamis and I'll be at Dumont for Robert E. Lee weekend and the "Rumble in the Desert", but back down to Glamis shortly thereafter. Maybe we'll run into eachother...

Hell Yeah! Everybody likes a little South in their mouth!

Just did three trips to Glamis and I'll be at Dumont for Robert E. Lee weekend and the "Rumble in the Desert", but back down to Glamis shortly thereafter. Maybe we'll run into eachother...

That would be cool, but I gotta get to the close dunes first to "shake" this thing down before I drive that far. I think we're gonna go to Bowie right before MLK day? Is that the 18th of Jan.? If so, that's when we're going to Bowie. I'm doing trepas for my buddies Mexican wife from NM. She's bringing the green chili's too!!!

The black-eyed peas are for luck and the greens are for money, by traditional folk lore. I don't beleive it for a NY sec., but I keep eating it anyway.

I live in tucson, on the east side of town. Houghton and Golf Links rds.!!!!

Cornbread is done, and colling. You'd better hurry up before it gets cold. I would put pics on, but then I wouldn't have enough to feed everybody that came over!!!!

BBTank

Use to live off Broadway and Houghton in the early 80's. Neat to be so close to the monument! Loved Tucson, almost wish I was still there. Hung out at Buttercup with my rail!!

Married to a southerner and she can't boil water!! Doesn't that seem un- American? Her mom introduced me to mayonaise cake and mock apple pie!!!

She fixed "Cow Peas"last night and I had to add so much stuff to it just to get it down!!!!

Happy New Year!!

Edited by SANDAWG