new LTR 450

fctryblack84

i will take that into consideration..i havent put the cherry bomb on it yet...the guy said after you run 3 tanks of gas in it bring it in they will run through everthing and then i can throw it on...i like the bike ALOT! :dunno: ..cant wait till the season starts up

It is a sweet bike...once you add the cherry bomb remove the restrictor in exhaust and air cleaner lid (which they recomend) it runs pretty sweet. :dunno: .i love it best bike out of the box..(i think)..its supposed to add 7hp w/ those 3 mods

Edited by OFFROADRACER

And the nice part the factory has it set up with a cap just plug in ,pretty simple setup

....and we paid only $40 for it. Plug it in...pull the exhaust baffle and intake cover and walla!

We managed to get $4000 for his old 350 and there was already $1000 off on the LTR!!

It is a sweet bike...once you add the cherry bomb remove the restrictor in exhaust and air cleaner lid (which they recomend) it runs pretty sweet. :dunno: .i love it best bike out of the box..(i think)..its supposed to add 7hp w/ those 3 mods

7-15 depending on who you talk to.

I have the LTR450 and love it! Like you, I started with the Cherry bomb (CB), air box lid removal and spark arrestor removed. By they way, mine did not leave the dealership as new without the above 3 so I would add the cherry bomb now and not worry about it.

Shortly after I bought it, I added the full yoshi which was a nice bump in power. Then, I added the PIM which was a nice change from the CB as it was much "snappier" and seemed to pull much harder than the CB which PIM replaces.

I am now running a K&N filter on a pro flow intake and also cut the air box down some as the seat restricts airflow big time with the airbox stock. This added even more power. Now the bike with the PIM, full yoshi with no spark arrestor, air lid removed, cut down air box and a K&N filter with the intake to match flat out screams! It is such a night and day difference over stock that if you were blind folded, it would feel like going from a 250 to a VERY strong 450. The bike has soooo much potential with a few mods that it is scary! Pipe, PIM and cut airbox will add several HP over stock with the spark arrestor removed, air box lid removed and CB..

By the way, dont run the bike with the lid removed or sparky removed without the CB.

I have the LTR450 and love it! Like you, I started with the Cherry bomb (CB), air box lid removal and spark arrestor removed. By they way, mine did not leave the dealership as new without the above 3 so I would add the cherry bomb now and not worry about it.

Shortly after I bought it, I added the full yoshi which was a nice bump in power. Then, I added the PIM which was a nice change from the CB as it was much "snappier" and seemed to pull much harder than the CB which PIM replaces.

I am now running a K&N filter on a pro flow intake and also cut the air box down some as the seat restricts airflow big time with the airbox stock. This added even more power. Now the bike with the PIM, full yoshi with no spark arrestor, air lid removed, cut down air box and a K&N filter with the intake to match flat out screams! It is such a night and day difference over stock that if you were blind folded, it would feel like going from a 250 to a VERY strong 450. The bike has soooo much potential with a few mods that it is scary! Pipe, PIM and cut airbox will add several HP over stock with the spark arrestor removed, air box lid removed and CB..

By the way, dont run the bike with the lid removed or sparky removed without the CB.

fo sho...ya my buddy trevor he works at atv cycle sports right down the street from las vegas motorsports..i talked to him and he said he could a full yoshi exhaust for my bike..FREE!..but in the end it would cost me something so he would get somethin out of it

i will take that into consideration..i havent put the cherry bomb on it yet...the guy said after you run 3 tanks of gas in it bring it in they will run through everthing and then i can throw it on...i like the bike ALOT! :thumb: ..cant wait till the season starts up

i wouldnt take it back for them to run through everything unless you know the guy real good. nothing is gonna change after 3 tanks of gas. probably get charged for nothing and if they did touch it probably would cause problems. leave it alone i say till you get some hours on it and do the first service. thats my feeling anyway :D

Edited by superdave