DUMONT Night drags.....Is it possible

1BADYFZ

Just wanted to throw this out there, i have a few people intrested in doing this, we just need some committed members and lights and a date. I have thrown this around and had alot of people respond. The glamis night drags are too far and to me the hills at dumont are nicer and easier to get to...

Let me know what you guys think, i need some help on this is possible..thanksSam. :thumb:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it would be pretty sweet! I'd help make it happen anyway I could. If someone has a hook-up on getting lights, me and a few others could probably drag em out there. I could also post it up on the home page, etc to help get the word out and make it a good turnout.

if someone wants to give me a ride, you can use my generator and my lights

What kind of lights do you have? Are they enough to light up the hill?

Sounds pretty cool...you can also rent the light set ups not priced too bad either I have rented them for a few of my night races

The only thing about renting some is the liability factor. Bringing them out to the desert and chancing them getting damaged is not something I myself would want to worry about. Those things are expensive! :dunno: Maybe they have like a $20 insurance policy or something. :thumb:

My only concern is Trash... This has been a HUGE issue w/ the group that runs out in glamis.. they show up in the middle of the summer to a pristine hill and TRASH IT.. both the hill gets wasted w/ them dragging on it all night... the Bottles, cans, and other assorted garbage that is left behind is retarded... I just dont want this to happen to dumont like it did Glamis. I know its a fun event and i have a good time every time i go out for the night races but the aftermath is sh*tty..

As far as the lights go.. does anyone here do construction they could just happen to borrow one from the company.. :D

My only concern is Trash... This has been a HUGE issue w/ the group that runs out in glamis.. they show up in the middle of the summer to a pristine hill and TRASH IT.. both the hill gets wasted w/ them dragging on it all night... the Bottles, cans, and other assorted garbage that is left behind is retarded... I just dont want this to happen to dumont like it did Glamis. I know its a fun event and i have a good time every time i go out for the night races but the aftermath is sh*tty..

As far as the lights go.. does anyone here do construction they could just happen to borrow one from the company.. :D

this was a big concern at the night drags a couple of weeks ago in glamis. they really got on everyone in the forums and according to the posts afterwards, it was really clean after this one. you will always have idiots who leave their trash afterwards, but you can't stop a fun event because of these guys. i will stay until the last person leaves to pick up trash if that is what it takes.

I have some friends that run 2 different rental company's with those lights if you get a specific date I can check with them to see about loaning one out

I have some friends that run 2 different rental company's with those lights if you get a specific date I can check with them to see about loaning one out

sweet...do you have any idea what the prices are?

That would be really cool, Ed. :thumb:

As for the trash, I think everone would help keep it clean. Doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal. Hell even if all the peeps from DDR that go help clean up, that's a lot of help right there. I don't ever see that much trash getting tossed on the ground by people at Dumont anyways though. Like crd450 said, you can't let the litterbugs prevent a fun event from happening. :D

Sounds good guys,.. so i will get down to biz with a date and keep you up up to date. Let me hear some dates if you want to start a post to get the date set and then get some info on the lights..I need all the help i can get so lets do it....

Dunefreak if you could post it on the front page then i know it's official..thanks guys i knew i could count on you...

Sounds good guys,.. so i will get down to biz with a date and keep you up up to date. Let me hear some dates if you want to start a post to get the date set and then get some info on the lights..I need all the help i can get so lets do it....

Dunefreak if you could post it on the front page then i know it's official..thanks guys i knew i could count on you...

We need an official date before I post it up. After we nail that down and get all the needed stuff together like lights, I'll make a web banner and post it up. :thumb:

One way in and one way out for most, so well make sure they are taking a bag home... We could even get a bin close to the hill and make sure it's clean before they go home...

A bin? What do you mean by that? If you mean dumpster? If so...I don't think that is a good idea. Maybe a flat bed trailer or someone's truck to help haul bags away, but I really don't think there will be that much trash.

Would it be just heads up racing or are you thinking of doing classes?

i think just line up against whoever and go heads up. classes would be too technical and might take the fun out of it.

Anyone have an idea of when the next full moon is?? Might help to plan the day around that for some added night light.

Good idea. The next full moon is Aug 9th on my calendar. The weekend after (the night of the 12th) might be a good date. :thumb:

how about a list of the full moon dates and dates that are not far off, and go from there. The 9th is nice but is it too soon? If you guys are cool with it and we can get some lights by then i can shoot for that date.

Then if all goes well we could do it atleast 2 more times before halloween..

the 12th will give everyone about 3 to 4 weeks of prep time...

how about a list of the full moon dates and dates that are not far off, and go from there. The 9th is nice but is it too soon? If you guys are cool with it and we can get some lights by then i can shoot for that date.

Then if all goes well we could do it atleast 2 more times before halloween..

the 12th will give everyone about 3 to 4 weeks of prep time...

Full mon date: Aug 9th, Sept 7th, and Oct 7th (which is already Banshee Wars weekend)

I think we should shoot for the Aug 12th date & then on Sept 9th. (Both are Saturdays) The Aug 12th date could be a kinda test run and see how everything goes so then the second one will be all dialed in and we'll know what else to do the second time around to make it even better. :thumb:

I would not advertise this on the homepage... any sanctioned event or any event seen as a sanctioned event is a big no no.. .i would just keep it to the forum as a get together... I wouldnt advertise highly about it.. Word of mouth is enough now adays a good turnout will come from it.