Coil Over vs Air Shocks

jaytoland80

When I first got my car, it had 2" fox air shocks and I was impressed at how much they would absorb at low to medium speed n the whoops, but they would aways bottom out in the dunes so I adjusted up in the NTG and the ride went to shait.... my wife drives the car most of the time so safety is a major concern, if you blow out an air shock at a bad time, life will suck!!... I went with 2 1/2" King coilovers and once I got them dialed....it was probably th best 2 grand I spent on the car.....

If an airshock fails on you, you have nothing to back it up. With a coilover you will always have the spring there for support. $300 might seem like alot of money right now but once you do it right you will be happy in the choice. Do the coilovers and you will never look back.

I am trying to deceide if I should run Fox coil over's or air/nitrogen shocks on the front and rear I am trying not to be cheap but I also do not have a ton of money and I don't want to cut corners on this. The difference in price is around $300.00 :laughing:

I loved the way my air shocks rode and the adaptability. I would not have them again though. I was once cruising through some whoops when one went to hell. The front end of the car just dropped and and would not come back up. If that were to happen when dunning fast it may have been a few cart wheels.