Camper World.... Not. Buy from the locals!

sandawg

My personal recommendation is to buy from Johnny Walker or Las Vegas Trailer Supply for all of your camping or other related products!

For the second time I purchased inferior products from Camper World and was refused any form of customer service. The management is rude and not at all willing to stand behind their products.

I returned some propane lines that leaked because the manufacturer had changed it's process to a cheaper clamp on the hose. No receipt so no exchange!

That one was Gawds fault!

This weekend I returned a chair I just bought and it ripped the second time I sat in it. It also got a hole burned in it from a minor spark from the camp fire. A real fire hazard in my humble opinion.

You guessed it, couldn't find the receipt and was all but called a thief for trying to exchange it for another chair.

Again the manager and the General Manager refused to even consider letting me have another chair and went so far as to say how do they know I didn't buy it somewhere else and was trying to rip them off.

That is not customer service for a customer that has bought from them since they opened up that store in Henderson. Most of the people in the store know me from my many trips in there over the years!!

This time was my fault and it won't happen again!!

I will drive all the way down Boulder Hiway to one of the other stores for the smallest thing now!!!

Why??? Because I wouldn't buy into their discount prices by paying to join their special Presidents Club for $20 a year

This is not a way to run a business if they want return customers ! Trade with the locals!!!

:ban-split:

That is frustrating as hell, I know, I've been in that situation myself.

I have also been on the company side of the situation many more times. I worked at a bicycle shop for 5 years out of H.S., was 3rd in command of the place, I had alot of pull there.

I have had customers bring in things without reciepts many times, and if they were cool about it and the product was in the packaging, I would return it no problem because I do know how far a little bit of customer service goes, especially when your business runs on return customers and word of mouth.

I have also had more than one occasion where someone would pull an innertube out of the dumpster, that I threw away myself because it had a hole. The tweeker would go dumpster diving in our trash, pull a tube, then bring it in through the front door and try to return it saying that we sold them a bad tube. I would then promptly tell them to get the :laughing: out of the store.

What I'm trying to say is, most retail stores today would rather deal with losing an angry legitmate customer than losing money by having a relaxed return policy. It sucks for those who are legitimate and honest, and it's becoming harder to find the stores who can tell the difference between the 2 types of people they deal with.

:ban-split:

I think Pete nailed it on the head, you have to consider their side and how many people try and rip them off.

Your entitled to your opinion.

I was in the business world both wholesale and retail for 40+ years. I would never thought a regular customer of mine would try to rip me off. A manager has to have some sense or the latitude to make his own decisions.

Camperworld has a policy or a rule as the manager said that no returns for exchange without a receipt. Unless you poop for their rip off club! Why do they even have managers if they don't have enough sense to make this kind of decision. As I said before, other employees in the store know me and how much I shop there.

So you justify that! It's poor business to run some one away for a little ticket item when you business depends on the big ticket products that they specialize in.

I'm not going to try and justify my opinion. I just say that it is a poor business practice, set down my a mental midget called upper management, or is it a rip off trick to increase their margins!!

Just buy where ever you want but I will not go there and I hope some appreciate my post and will transfer their business to Johnny Walker or Las Vegas Trailer Supply!!

Gee I wonder if Petes reply was in jest????

Pat, what I am confused about is, you shop there ALLOT by your own words, but wont pop the $2o for the presidents club?

I hear you on receipts however PEPBOYS is the same way, but they after some NICE very NICE persuasion, usually cave in, and are very helpful.

WOW, have you totaled how much money you have LOST? I save almost that $20 every time I go there with the presidents club. DO I think its silly that they don't just give everybody the same price? YES.. don't get me started on grocery stores if I don't have their club card that I don't get the discount!!!!! anyway get a presidents card, and give the receipt to your wife and tell her to hold on to it, I'll bet when you need it she'll have it LOL

i have not been overly impressed with camper world either, i live a few blocks away from the hendo store, and i still drive to Johnnie Wlaker, they always seem to have that little part you cant find at CW

Your entitled to your opinion.

I was in the business world both wholesale and retail for 40+ years. I would never thought a regular customer of mine would try to rip me off. A manager has to have some sense or the latitude to make his own decisions.

Camperworld has a policy or a rule as the manager said that no returns for exchange without a receipt. Unless you poop for their rip off club! Why do they even have managers if they don't have enough sense to make this kind of decision. As I said before, other employees in the store know me and how much I shop there.

So you justify that! It's poor business to run some one away for a little ticket item when you business depends on the big ticket products that they specialize in.

I'm not going to try and justify my opinion. I just say that it is a poor business practice, set down my a mental midget called upper management, or is it a rip off trick to increase their margins!!

Just buy where ever you want but I will not go there and I hope some appreciate my post and will transfer their business to Johnny Walker or Las Vegas Trailer Supply!!

Gee I wonder if Petes reply was in jest????

I don't shop there Pat and I was not trying to stand up for them either, but if they have a policy such as requiring a receipt then there might be some required paper trail by the Corporation. I am also baffled as to why you would not pay for the presidents club, this is pretty much the same practice many businesses use including grocery stores with their lame member cards.

You seem to have taken my comment on what Pete said personal and that was not the intent. I am only saying that I can understand where Camping World is coming from and how they also have rules they need to abide by. I don’t shop there because I think they can be pricey and I don’t care for their customer service either.

Pat, what I am confused about is, you shop there ALLOT by your own words, but wont pop the $2o for the presidents club?

I hear you on receipts however PEPBOYS is the same way, but they after some NICE very NICE persuasion, usually cave in, and are very helpful.

WOW, have you totaled how much money you have LOST? I save almost that $20 every time I go there with the presidents club. DO I think its silly that they don't just give everybody the same price? YES.. don't get me started on grocery stores if I don't have their club card that I don't get the discount!!!!! anyway get a presidents card, and give the receipt to your wife and tell her to hold on to it, I'll bet when you need it she'll have it LOL

It just seems like when I purchase something it isn't that much money and by a lot I mean a couple of times a year for 7 or 8 years. At the time it didn't seem like it was worth it. when I go in their for something llike a small part I end up having to drive to JW or LVTS anyway!

And for giving my wife anything at all to keep safe...........not a good idea!!!! :thumb:

Point taken however. I'll keep my receipts from Camperworld. Oh wait,,,,I'll never go in the place again!!! :ahhhhh:

It just seems like when I purchase something it isn't that much money and by a lot I mean a couple of times a year for 7 or 8 years. At the time it didn't seem like it was worth it. when I go in their for something llike a small part I end up having to drive to JW or LVTS anyway!

And for giving my wife anything at all to keep safe...........not a good idea!!!! :thumb:

Point taken however. I'll keep my receipts from Camperworld. Oh wait,,,,I'll never go in the place again!!! :ahhhhh:

I would rather pay more and go somewhere local then give a big company my money, example is I would rather pay Sams Cycle for a part that he stocks then Ride Later. I know that contradicts what I said about Camping World being pricey as to why I don't shop there, but CW is also a Big Business. I will only buy from CW if I am in a pinch.

I heard a rumor over President's weekend that CW might be in financial trouble... store closings/BK/??? I hate shopping there, seems like they're awfully proud of their stuff (judging by the prices they charge), but sometimes having the convenience of a "one-stop-shop" makes up for it.

Sometimes. :ahhhhh:

I heard a rumor over President's weekend that CW might be in financial trouble... store closings/BK/??? I hate shopping there, seems like they're awfully proud of their stuff (judging by the prices they charge), but sometimes having the convenience of a "one-stop-shop" makes up for it.

Sometimes. :thumb:

That would be a shame.......... :blink::lol:

Maybe it's the way they treat their clientele!!!! :shake: :ahhhhh:

:old: