Capture GoPro Video

sandawg

Anybody know how to download a GoPro video so it can be edited??? I've tried VLC, that didn't work and it says it should.....Tried Ulead w/ USB capture device and that doesn't work either.

I sure would appreciate some help with this. I assume you can load it to U Tube but I want to edit it and post it on this site and be ale to put it on a DVD and have a video file on my computer that I can save!

Has to be at lest one editing Guru out here!!

Thanks,

Pat

If you have a PC, Im not sure.

On the Mac, I just plug it in via the USB port. Comes up on the desktop as a memory device and I drag and drop the files from the camera to the desktop.

Then just import the quicktime files into my editing application.

I take out the media card and put it into my computer. I then drag and drop into a file where I want it. I open windows movie maker and import that file there then make all my edits as well as add music.

If you are going to upload onto youtube it has to be under 10 minutes long. And some music might be muted by youtube after you have loaded it.

I take out the media card and put it into my computer. I then drag and drop into a file where I want it. I open windows movie maker and import that file there then make all my edits as well as add music.

I do have a PC but media player doesn't read mpeg4 files. I'll try the card again, I tried that once. My XP and the computer might just be too old to do some things.

Thanks all for the advice and ideas!! :rainbow1:

Pat

Convert your MPEG4 files to AVI then edit away with Windows Movie Maker. There's plenty of free converters, here's 1 MP4Cam2AVI If you get a codec error go to < http://www.divx.com/ >or < http://vistacodecpack-dk.com/dk/ > and download. I think there's a box in tools/options or something like that that needs to be checked for "ffdshow" in the Vista codecs. That should get you going in the right direction, haven't messed with any video in a couple years and I'm still running XP.

Edited by RUn2it

Convert your MPEG4 files to AVI then edit away with Windows Movie Maker. There's plenty of free converters, here's 1 MP4Cam2AVI If you get a codec error go to < http://www.divx.com/ >or < http://vistacodecpack-dk.com/dk/ > and download. I think there's a box in tools/options or something like that that needs to be checked for "ffdshow" in the Vista codecs. That should get you going in the right direction, haven't messed with any video in a couple years and I'm still running XP.

I'm semi screwed. Pc freezes up when I try to do most anything concerning GoPro. Put in SD card...freeze, try to convert file type.....freezes up. I think this compaq with XP has outlived it's usefulness. time for a new one I'm thinking!!

I've tried several converters to no avail. Will try one of your suggestions.

Thanks!!

I'm semi screwed. Pc freezes up when I try to do most anything concerning GoPro. Put in SD card...freeze, try to convert file type.....freezes up. I think this compaq with XP has outlived it's usefulness. time for a new one I'm thinking!!

I've tried several converters to no avail. Will try one of your suggestions.

Thanks!!

get the 15 day trial version of auslogics boost speed.... (google it) i use it on all my computers....

30 bucks for 3 pc's 1 year if ya buy it

:rainbow1:

Pat,

Join the dark side, get a Mac. :D

Too many letters in that brand name, MAC=3!!!! 2 as in PC is as high as I dare go at my age!!!

I'm sure I would be happy with one but to learn everything all over again......might not have that much time left. :atv: I'm :rockwoot:

:rockwoot:

Thanks!!! :rainbow1:

Information on latest glitch.

VLC will open and show the GoPro files, sorta....It opens the file and the sound works but the video is a one frame shot with no motion.......Geesh a still picture with ongoing sound, a real trip! It shows fine on a HD tv and on my old stand def TV!???????

Edited by SANDAWG

Too many letters in that brand name, MAC=3!!!! 2 as in PC is as high as I dare go at my age!!!

I'm sure I would be happy with one but to learn everything all over again......might not have that much time left. :rainbow1: I'm :atv:

Your never to old for a little Kitty :D

post-14-1271112043_thumb.jpg

I'm sure I would be happy with one but to learn everything all over again......might not have that much time left. :blink: I'm :thumb:

:MBdance:

Thanks!!! :beerpint:

Information on latest glitch.

VLC will open and show the GoPro files, sorta....It opens the file and the sound works but the video is a one frame shot with no motion.......Geesh a still picture with ongoing sound, a real trip! It shows fine on a HD tv and on my old stand def TV!???????

sounds like you have an issue with your existing software or registry file(s) errors. I run XP and no software problems, could use more RAM and bigger hard drive with editing and storing 18 MP photos. Had a crash from a virus/trojan but resolved that and use "CCleaner" nearly every day to empty all the temp files, trash etc and cleans, repairs and optimizes the registry and it's a free download at CCleaner. Even a 1st class program that's uninstalled can leave multiple orphaned registry entries and fragment your hard drive. GoPro video or not the CCleaner is needed along with a current antivirus, firewall and spyware/adware program. I have all at a price of zero so I have no excuse for another crash. Good luck whatever way you go.