poker run weekend reports

dunefreak

Do you touch those pictures up or is that just technique and the camera itself?

Thay are all magazine quality!!

Great shots

I will do a little lightning and darkening and some other adjustments as needed to make that picture work for me. In my opinion, most of it is technique and knowing what your camera is capable of. It helps to have an understanding of some basic photography principles so you can make whatever camera you have work for you. I have taken good shots with a cell phone camera and so have others on this board. Just look at what Skinner submitted to the current Pic of the month thread and Bryan M’s phone shots on the DSLR thread.

Thanks for the compliment.

The poker run was a really great time and went well. I hope everyone had a fun time! I know I did. :)

Thanks for all who participated and showed their support for DDR & FoDD. The first place winner took home about $650, second place was $290, and I think 3rd place was around $75 or 100 if I remember correctly. We didn't have as much help this year as far as raffle prizes, however the raffle was just a little something extra for the winning participants who found the mystery spot. A few companies like Johnny Walker RV, Saxby's Coffee, Custom Shop, Smokin Al's BBQ, and a couple Dumont vendors still stepped up to help. I can't thank the volunteers enough who devoted a few hours of their day to man those checkpoints. It was starting to look like we weren't going to have enough help this year, but everyone pulled through. It was great chatting with other duners who participated in the poker run. The Dumont community is full of such good people.

After the poker run was over we managed to squeeze in a couple good dune runs. Those dunes were nice and smooth and the weather was pretty cooperative. There was some wind at times, bur overall it was a gorgeous weekend out there. I was surprised how many people were out, but it was much nicer than a big holiday weekend. The dunes weren't too crowded and we could get some nice fast lines going. My car popped a fuse again out at north pole, but Malibu Mike hooked me up. Thanks Mike! It was fine after that and no other issues. I'll have to see if something is drawing too much amperage when it gets warm.

Camp was fun and Al T is officially labeled camp papa. laughing.gif He takes such good care of everyone and loves feeding us his kickass food. Thanks for everything Al! I ate SO much this weekend it was ridiculous.

Saturday afternoon we came back to our toyhauler to find it filled with balloons & streamers. Dunesmurf, sandseeker, Mary, Tracy & the group surprise-decorated our trailer for duniemonkie's birthday. It was quite a surprise and way nice of them.

Other than that we did some relaxing around the fire and had some good laughes. It was a very nice, chill weekend. Just how I like them. I didn't even take hardly any pics except for these 2 at the north pole after a good run with sandunesaddict, ynot, camp idiot, and Al T. I know FE135 got plenty so he'll get those up in a few days after he goes through them all.

So Pete do I have to change my Screen Name I Think that would be # 5 LOL

Great weekend. Everyone with us had a lot of fun on the poker run, hopefully there willl be one next year. Just have to wait and see how much fallout the BLM ends up with from the tragety in Barstow.

Weather was nice, little windy on occasions, but hey that what makes the dunes. Got in some awsome runs on smooooothhhhhe dunes!! WHOO HOO!!

Thanks to FE135 for posting the pic of my daughter, myself and our dog (the big one) in the rail. Your pics ROCK!