poker run weekend reports

dunefreak

The poker run was a really great time and went well. I hope everyone had a fun time! I know I did. :)

Thanks for all who participated and showed their support for DDR & FoDD. The first place winner took home about $650, second place was $290, and I think 3rd place was around $75 or 100 if I remember correctly. We didn't have as much help this year as far as raffle prizes, however the raffle was just a little something extra for the winning participants who found the mystery spot. A few companies like Johnny Walker RV, Saxby's Coffee, Custom Shop, Smokin Al's BBQ, and a couple Dumont vendors still stepped up to help. I can't thank the volunteers enough who devoted a few hours of their day to man those checkpoints. It was starting to look like we weren't going to have enough help this year, but everyone pulled through. It was great chatting with other duners who participated in the poker run. The Dumont community is full of such good people.

After the poker run was over we managed to squeeze in a couple good dune runs. Those dunes were nice and smooth and the weather was pretty cooperative. There was some wind at times, bur overall it was a gorgeous weekend out there. I was surprised how many people were out, but it was much nicer than a big holiday weekend. The dunes weren't too crowded and we could get some nice fast lines going. My car popped a fuse again out at north pole, but Malibu Mike hooked me up. Thanks Mike! It was fine after that and no other issues. I'll have to see if something is drawing too much amperage when it gets warm.

Camp was fun and Al T is officially labeled camp papa. laughing.gif He takes such good care of everyone and loves feeding us his kickass food. Thanks for everything Al! I ate SO much this weekend it was ridiculous.

Saturday afternoon we came back to our toyhauler to find it filled with balloons & streamers. Dunesmurf, sandseeker, Mary, Tracy & the group surprise-decorated our trailer for duniemonkie's birthday. It was quite a surprise and way nice of them.

Other than that we did some relaxing around the fire and had some good laughes. It was a very nice, chill weekend. Just how I like them. I didn't even take hardly any pics except for these 2 at the north pole after a good run with sandunesaddict, ynot, camp idiot, and Al T. I know FE135 got plenty so he'll get those up in a few days after he goes through them all.

post-3-070256000 1289779925_thumb.jpg

post-3-008862800 1289779935_thumb.jpg

The poker run was a really great time and went well. I hope everyone had a fun time! I know I did. :)

Thanks for all who participated and showed their support for DDR & FoDD. The first place winner took home about $650, second place was $290, and I think 3rd place was around $75 or 100 if I remember correctly.

Hey Pete, just wanted to give a more accurate number for the prizes, My numbers may be a little off, but I counted the money so much I am confused, LOL but the second and third place prices were pretty good too.

First place $658, second place $347 and third place $290. Worst hand $25

Hey Pete, just wanted to give a more accurate number for the prizes, My numbers may be a little off, but I counted the money so much I am confused, LOL but the second and third place prices were pretty good too.

I have to thank Julie so much for helping with the receivables. I found the slip of paper in my sweatshirt as I was unloading so She had to recount due to my misplacing the paper. She was a huge help and I can't thank her enough. Along with all who helped, volunteered and assisted.

Had a lot of fun this weekend at the Poker Run. This was our first trip of the season, with our new toy hauler. It was GREAT to see everyone again. So happy that Dune Season is here again. I worked registration again this year so I posted a few pics from the registration stop. You all were so much fun and I am happy to be apart of it.

post-5116-088099400 1289783034_thumb.jpg

post-5116-084724000 1289783035_thumb.jpg

post-5116-059785300 1289783036_thumb.jpg

post-5116-028717500 1289783037_thumb.jpg

post-5116-001004600 1289783038_thumb.jpg

post-5116-079277000 1289783038_thumb.jpg

post-5116-045934300 1289783039_thumb.jpg

post-5116-010356600 1289783040_thumb.jpg

post-5116-089482500 1289783040_thumb.jpg

post-5116-045808600 1289783041_thumb.jpg

I have to thank Julie so much for helping with the receivables. I found the slip of paper in my sweatshirt as I was unloading so She had to recount due to my misplacing the paper. She was a huge help and I can't thank her enough. Along with all who helped, volunteered and assisted.

No problem Terry! It was fun... thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great event. I really hope we see it back at Dumont again next year..

Ahh yes...that sounds a little more accurate. laughing.gif Thanks again for all your help, Julie! You don't suck. thumb.gif

Terry, you did a great job as usual. Thanks for all you do. You take on many duties and alot of people, including myself, recognize it. beercheers.gif

More Pics. Not sure if it is just me not knowing what I am doing, but can only post 10 pics at a time.

These are from after the run was over and everyone met back up to see who won...

That's the max you can select at once with one click. After it shows they all are uploading just click attach again to select 10 more. ;)

Ahh yes...that sounds a little more accurate. laughing.gif Thanks again for all your help, Julie! You don't suck. thumb.gif

Terry, you did a great job as usual. Thanks for all you do. You take on many duties and alot of people, including myself, recognize it. beercheers.gif

Thanks Pete, I appreciate that:)

Upset we missed the poker run but was able to make a day trip on Sunday. Great weather and had sand like glass all too ourselves for most of the day.

I noticed an excessive amount of trash yesterday specifically around #8. People need to pick up thier chit! Lots of blue tarps, broken pop ups, trash bags, boxes WTF! :dunno: Some peoples kids.

I doubt anybody here did this but damn pigs need to pick up after themsleves. There was to much crap to even fit on my trailer to remove it for the lazy effers. Anyway im done pissing and moaning but if you leave trash like that behind leave your trashy :booty: at home. :2cents:

Man o man what a weekend.

Got a late start to the weekend but showed up right as dunefreak was getting ready to setup for the poker run. Helped them set up a bit then headed off to grab a truck some cards and a table to man a checkpoint. Was a great turnout for the poker run. Saw alot of familiar faces and met alot of new ones. It was great seeing everyone again. Like ninjagreengirl put it back in camp its like the first day of school. Seeing all your old friends and meeting new ones again :D Sure was great to get back in the sand.

After the poker run went on a couple great and FAST runs on the quad. First run of the day i was so excited to get to dumont and ride i forgot to top off the tank and i turned the fuel valve to reserve and wouldnt ya know it. I ran out of gas about a dune in from banshee hill on the way back lol. Chadwick ran off and got me a couple bottles of gas went back topped off and headed out again. We must have rode for a good 3-4hrs with a few breaks in there to let the bikes cool down and regain our composure lol. I couldnt be happier with the sand pig (ds650) of mine. It just kept on taking a beating and it was super comfy to ride. I do need to make some changes to it but all for the better. :D

Saturday night in camp was "mellow" to say the least and was a nice change. Just a few friends sitting around the campfire some background music from justin and julies hauler it was very nice. I called it a night around 10ish went in to watch a movie and hit the sack since i only had 3 hours of sleep from the night before..

Sunday morning was a beautiful ride. The constant breeze/wind from the night before cleaned up the sand and it was like virgin dunes all over again.

Gotta thank brian from thumpertalk for the impromptu usage of his trailer so i could get my bike out. Along with all the other members and volunteers that put on the poker run. And last but not least ninjagreengirl and skinner for letting me crash in their new hauler :D

Thanks everyone for coming out cant wait to do it again soon.

What a great Saturday. I drove up just for the day in my Xterra. I gotta say, with only 10 lbs of air in the tires, it’s a dune machine. I did get there in time for the Poker run and was able to get lots of pictures of all the volunteers and prize money winners. I basically spent the day cruising the dunes in climate controlled comfort only stopping for photo opportunities. I did some photoshoots for some folks and a couple of impromptu ones for others.

Some notes:

Ynot, you do good work that benefits us all. Thanks! You rail is awesome and I think your gonna like the pics I got.

Dunefreak, Thanks for all you do for the dune community. You were sure one busy guy out there. I took a few shots of your car at north pole “just because” and I think your gonna like one in particular! (big tease)

Duneimonkey(sp?), , Anna, I got some good pics of you. Hell it’s easy, your very camera friendly!!

Smokin Al, U ROCK FOOD! Love your car!

Ninjagreengirl, Campidiot, ISBB, Thank you for your volunteer work!

BLM Guys, Thanks for being visible for the Poker Run and very friendly.

If I missed someone, sorry.

I’ll post up some pictures soon. Still going through them.

This was one of the best weekends yet this year, almost always had virgin sand due on every run to the impromptu winds we had, they would come on strong and let up.

Dunes were hard to read, and not many if any lines lots of razors and witches eyes, but wow had some AWESOME runs!!

I got my car tuned this weekend (Thanks again TJ) I thought my car handled well before, but now, it rides like a dream!!

awesome friends, awesome food, my son is now into trying the jump thing on his quad, fun watching him progress with his riding skills :ban-split:

we didn't win squat on the poker run, but it was fun non-the less to go around with the FAM :drinkbeer:

GREAT GREAT weekend, the Sunday run at about 2 was like having the dunes to ourselves (oh wait we did)!!!!

Cant wait till next time :driver::turkey:

Hey this is Marshall, who won the Poker Run with a 3,4,5,6,7 straight! I wanted to thank all of you for putting on a such a great event. My buddies and I had a great time. I was really lucky cause I fouled a plug headed over to the "Mystery" checkpoint with 2 stops still to go. Good thing I had an extra so I could finish!

I can't wait for next year so I can defend my title! :)

My two little boys are especially happy that I won cause WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!

Thanks DDR and FODD!

Dunefreak, Thanks for all you do for the dune community. You were sure one busy guy out there. I took a few shots of your car at north pole "just because" and I think your gonna like one in particular! (big tease)

Thank you, Neal! smile.gif

Hey this is Marshall, who won the Poker Run with a 3,4,5,6,7 straight! I wanted to thank all of you for putting on a such a great event. My buddies and I had a great time. I was really lucky cause I fouled a plug headed over to the "Mystery" checkpoint with 2 stops still to go. Good thing I had an extra so I could finish!

My two little boys are especially happy that I won cause WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!

Thanks DDR and FODD!

Awesome! Congrats again, Marshall! Glad you came out and had a great time.

I arrived Friday night at about midnight. I guess latitude does work some how i was notified I was across the wrong finger dune. :woopitydoo: Took a minute to figure out how the hell in the pitch black I was seen.:beercheers:

This trip I brought My little Ginger out to try our her new to Her TRX 90. She was loving it. Finally stepped up. I also brought my Brother and two youngsters. They had a blast.

After drinking a brews :beerpint: and bull sh*tting with the group till about 4AM I had to crash knowing 7:30 would come quick. I was up and ready. Myself and my little Ginger helped Deal some cards for the poker run. Great experience and was able to see many peeps just about everyone whom participated in the Poker Run.

Hey Marshal the 1st place winner. I seen the Look on your face when you asked for the 7 hell you got it. At the point I tol you you would be the winner. Congratulations. :headbang1:

Saturday after the Poker run we Had one hell of a lunch and Yes THANK YOU Smoking AL. Your food rocks. Made my weekend right there. Filled up on some food and hit the dunes. Myself, Nick, Chad and my Bro. We hit the North and south Pole twice in one run and was some smooth flowing transitions. Thanks for Leading Nick. One hellofa Ride.:atv: :atv:

Had nice relaxing time once we headed back Chad thanks for the brats and Anna thanks for the Tacos.. There is nothing better than chilling with good peeps and smotth Dunes with a couple of brews.

Saturday night I was exausted from only having 3 hrs sleep and called it a night at around 10PM.

Sunday moring did the usual and went on a good little riude with my little girl. Awesome. Can not wait to get back.

Just found out yesterday I will be heading to glamis Turkey weekend. Should be good times. See yall out there.

Thanks DDR and FODD!

Once again a small world... Congrats brother.. I met you at your house when you were selling your hauler. Im brads buddy :D Congrats again :D

Thanks for the Great weekend Great people Great Time Food OK LOL thanks Justin , julie, Pete, Anna. Travis and crew,BERT Jack

See YA New Years at Vendors Row Smokin ALS

And YES i drove the car in the trailer on Sunday Thanks B, Nicky, Jacob , Cody :stirthepot::turkey:

Got there very late Friday night and pretty much just went to bed.

Unloaded the car Sat morning and went to go find my buddy to help me tune the suspension.

didnt take u very long as Don and the crew at SCU built me a car that was 90-95% dialed.We only made some small adjustments and I was having a blast going through those woops on the back stretch at 85-90 MPH :ban-split:

Have a couple more small drivability issues to work out and need some larger tires but the second shake down run was a success as I drove it in the trailer.

Thanks Pete for the bed.Thanks Al and crew for some awesome grub as usual.

See everone T-Day.

Had a great weekend with everyone! finally got the first trip of the season in! julie and i rolled in on friday around 2ish after spending some time at the dmv and doing our grocery shopping in fabulous downtown pahrump. we picked a spot, and dropped anchor. hung out for a bit and then Al showed up a little later. We had a mellow evening, watched a movie while we were around the campfire, Al of course started cooking on Friday and Didnt stop all weekend!!! lol i am still full and its monday night! Pete and Anna showed up just in time to rescue the "paper plate" fire with some much needed fire wood lol thanks!. followed by the rest of the group throughout the night. Poker run was good, had fun runnin the route. thanks to everyone for makin it a great event and weekend!

Terry and Pete for putting on the event and all the volunteers for working the checkpoints and especially the hot chic that was at registration (yeah i got her number!..."brown chicken, brown cow!")

thanks to Al for feeding the masses as usual, even though he swore to me that he was coming out to play and not work!! (Al's version of "not working" consists of making everyone full to the brim with cheeseburgers, nachos, onion rings, french fries, tri tip sandwiches, smoked ribs, annnnnd oh yeah...friggin donut holes!) Thanks again Al!! BTW congrats on driving the car back into the trailer when the weekend was over! haha!

great seeing everyone else jack and his crew, Brian and Nikki see you on T-Day weekend, Travis and Tori(sp?) thanks for 'adopting' my kid for the weekend!lol, Bert the car is awesome! see you T-day as well!

Ah man what a fantastic weekend out at Dumont this weekend. I didn't participate in the poker run this year but I had fun driving around to the different stations to visit with Pete, Anna and Nick! :laughing: Nick lead some killer runs on the quad on Saturday and one early morning run on Sunday. Man those dunes on Sunday were incredibly smooth! :headbang1: I got plenty of sleep on both nights and as usual Anna and friends made for some good humor at my expense. :lol: Last week was a rough week at work and hanging in the dunes with friends was exactly what I needed. Thanks again Pete and Anna for your hospitality!