Traffic ticket

Jakster884

Just trying to get a feel for the cost $ for a Ticket I was lucky enough to obtain on my way home from the Poker Run. headbang1.gifdriver.gif

I was going 71 in a 55 Zone I guess if you are 1-15MPH over it is a lower rate but 16 over is the next level. Yiah I was just at 16MPH over lucky me.

Has anyone paid one of these in Cali recently. I am sure I am not the only one. Thinking this will be about $500.00

Just trying to get a feel for the cost $ for a Ticket I was lucky enough to obtain on my way home from the Poker Run. headbang1.gifdriver.gif

I was going 71 in a 55 Zone I guess if you are 1-15MPH over it is a lower rate but 16 over is the next level. Yiah I was just at 16MPH over lucky me.

Has anyone paid one of these in Cali recently. I am sure I am not the only one. Thinking this will be about $500.00

Last one I Got going to California was for 91 in a 65 and it was $200.00

Capt

• Like 1

If you can make the court date do it. They will offer a new fine usually abouot half of the original fine just for appearing in court. takes a little time and travel but if you can do it it would help.

For me to take a day of work and pay for the gas... way cheaper to pay it... you also have the option of doing the school online... Just gas alone would be over 100 $ now ad in food while your there even if you made minimum wage wouldn't be worth it... and really... how much is your time worth?

Capt

Bummer.

Guess you where still in dunes mode?

Figure on the $500 :2cents: that you think it will be and then you'll be happier when its less.

I agree with spending the time going to court. Plead no contest :no_no: and if given the

chance to speak tell the judge about all the fun you had.

Maybe :kissass: the judge will help to.

I got one on the way out going up Cajon Pass but not for speeding. Chicken sh!t ticket for being in the #2 lane passing a slow moving semi that was in the #3 lane. He said I was also doing close to 70 but I disputed that right then and there as I told him there was now way in hell I was pulling 70 going uphill on Cajon pulling a full load of 16k lbs. (probably closer to 20k) with my F350. In the end he only wrote me for the lane violation. A few miles later I had a blowout on the trailer and waved to him again as I pulled into the scales to change it.

Last one I Got going to California was for 91 in a 65 and it was $200.00

I would not complain if it was only $200 but you were not towing just driving probably going to be higher$$$ :beercheers:

Capt

I haven't had a ticket in a while but my last speeding ticket was 400 bucks after all said and done about 6 years ago.oh yeah 70 on a 55 and no seat belt.

Sounds about right.:beerpint:

Just let it go to a warrant for your arrest and don't ever get pulled over again...or run from the cops. ;)

I am going to have to agree with Pete on this 1....... Guaranteed to be more exciting than sitiing in court :woopitydoo::beercheers:

Well I have been down this path drove 4 years with out a license and over 12K in tickets I paid during this period. I never got pulled over once duirng this time. I was very lucky. It Was not fun but lesson learned. :laughing:

Capt

I got one on the way out going up Cajon Pass but not for speeding. Chicken sh!t ticket for being in the #2 lane passing a slow moving semi that was in the #3 lane. He said I was also doing close to 70 but I disputed that right then and there as I told him there was now way in hell I was pulling 70 going uphill on Cajon pulling a full load of 16k lbs. (probably closer to 20k) with my F350. In the end he only wrote me for the lane violation. A few miles later I had a blowout on the trailer and waved to him again as I pulled into the scales to change it.

Ahh yes, the un posted, members only , secret rule of the two right lanes only, on a 4 lane +, for trailering...Don't forget, you are only allowed thelane next to the right for about half a mile (passing rule) on a 2 or 3 lane stretch...Gotta love this state!

Jack, just be glad you're not a commercial license, 16 or more is a suspension! Regardless of which vehicle you're driving when you're pulled over. No option for traffic school either. That's why I have to drive like grandpa snail now

Edited by andydew