Dec 10-12, 2010 trip report & pics

dunefreak

This may have been the nicest weekend out there so far this season. The weather was incredible, there was hardly ANYBODY there, and the dunes were bitchen smooth.

We pulled in Friday night around 9 ish and met up with 80grit, OGP, Joe Duner, sanddunesaddict, wsky70, and a couple others. It was a relaxing and slightly chilly night that mostly consisted of some cold beers around the fire and a movie.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous when we woke up. After some breakfast and coffee, me, Chadwick & Mike hit the dunes on the quads. There was practically nobody out there and the lines were great. Shortly after lunch we went on another ride, but took our new friend, Steve out this time. That ride was amazing. We were 5th gear pinned from the south end to the north end and never slowed down. We must have covered all of Dumont in about 7 minutes. :laughing:headbang1.gifWhat a rush. That was a kickass ride.

After getting back to camp, Chad had to take off and we all went out for a run in the buggies. We stopped at Talladega to get some pics of Bert & Rob doing some high speed runs. Then as we were about to take off, I popped another PCM fuse just like last trip. :dope: I diagnosed it in no time though and found out all it was was the O2 sensor was shorted. So I just unplugged it and I was good to go. phew. Glad to figure that out!

Sat night was good times. 80grit got the UFC fight and hosted a lil UFC party in his toyhauler. That fight card was really good and it was really fun to watch. I was glad to see St Pierre win mostly because I had a little last minute bet going on via text with ragdoll. lol I was going to buy him a bottle of Captain if Koscheck won and he'd buy me a bottle of Tanqueray if St Pierre won. laughing.gif Awesome. And holy crap. Why was that popcorn SO good? hahaaaa

Then later after the fight we hit up comp hill. Our party in a box worked out well and we had a nice little fire going while we ran the hill. I let my buddy Mike drive my car over there since I was already feeling pretty good. beerpint.gifHe was very impressed with my new car. He has a new respect for turboed Hondas. headbang1.gif

Sunday morning we slept in a little bit and relaxed. It felt freakin great. Then Mike & I went on one more quad ride before packing it up early afternoon and heading out.

These weekends are really was Dumont is all about to me. I can't wait to do another one, but with Anna next time for sure. Too bad the rest of the crew wasn't there, but it was great seeing and camping with everyone that was out this weekend.

Pics are on the way. thumb.gif

Good shots pete!! The ones of Mike's RC Car are bad a$$. Almost looks like a full size truck out there racing! :headbang1: Saturday was exactly what I needed. It was a short day but well worth it. Man that place was empty and the sand was perfect!! Not to mention that it was 70 degrees out there in middle of December. It couldn't have been more perfect! Bert has to be the proudest owner of a sandrail that I've met so far. One of these days I'd like to sit in on that thing and go for a ride. Can't wait to go again.

Sounds like a killer weekend right there. :headbang1:

Camp musta been pretty damn fun too with all them cool peeps. :beercheers:

Glad to hear you figured out the fuse issue Pete. :thumb:

Always stoked to check-out the trip pics too.

Glad you guys had a good trip.

R-

I hate reading post like this. laughing.gif Just makes me feel worse Knowing I should have just made the trip. Did not do much over the weekend but Christmas Shopping. assblast.gif Dunes looked killer and all to your self. Those weekends are Epic and much needed. Glad to see everyone whom went out took advantage of it.

Hey those pics are nice and great video also there jkylnhyde. I do need a trip soon but New Years will come hopefully sooner than later.beercheers.gif

Pete did you get a wide angle lens or just messing with the settings? Nice pic By the way.beercheers.gif

I hate reading post like this. laughing.gif Just makes me feel worse Knowing I should have just made the trip. Did not do much over the weekend but Christmas Shopping. assblast.gif Dunes looked killer and all to your self. Those weekends are Epic and much needed. Glad to see everyone whom went out took advantage of it.

Hey those pics are nice and great video also there jkylnhyde. I do need a trip soon but New Years will come hopefully sooner than later.beercheers.gif

Pete did you get a wide angle lens or just messing with the settings? Nice pic By the way.beercheers.gif

Thanks Jack. Nah, no new lens yet. A few of those pics were taken with my little Olympus which has a fairly wide angle. I also used it for the panoramic shot. It auto stitches 3 or 4 pics together in panorama mode. ;)

Wish you could have made it out too, Jack.

The day trip was awesome! We were out till 4am friday night then up by six to drive out which made for an interesting drive lol! It was my first trip out to the dunes since halloween 09 and man I missed it! Like Pete all ready said the place was almost empty and the dunes were smoooooth... had to do some in camp tuning to one of the quads and found out that with the bigger piston mine is running lean and I need to change sprockets. Fourth gear wheelies up comp sure makes for some cool pictures, but not a very fast ride lol. Other than that it was a great day trip and one that was much needed.

Had a blast out there this weekend! The weather was awesome and the dunes were smooth! The buggy ran great after pulling an all nighter putting it back together! Wish I could have met up with Pete and everyone for a ride :atv: but it just didn't happen! :dunno: Maybe next time! It sure was good to actually get some duning in this trip!

Bert was tearing it up out there

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjol1v4De1g?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjol1v4De1g?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjol1v4De1g?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>