April 1st and 2nd weekend trip

CaptNkllm

We are Planning a trip for the 1st and 2nd of April... Ed Poundsand from GD.COM will be doing suspension tuning for any type of off road vehicle with adjustable shocks...

Anyone that is interested let me know or Pm Ed on Glamis dunes.. I am ready for a good weekend in the sand... I know Ynot is looking to go also but he is a little busy side railing his other thread :headbang1::beercheers:

Capt

Am planning on driving down on this weekend....

How is the creek crossing? Is it anything to be worried about this time of year?

Thanks,

Al

Might be a little warm but that's about it. The crossing is only an issue with heavy rains in the mtns and although we are scheduled to get some rain it shouldn't be an issue at Dumont.

APRIL FOOLS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOLY sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: FUGG IT I'M OUT... :laughing: Ya I know..It was the same temp at Glamis.. But I should have went out last weekend, just did not want to be the only one with at car out there by my self....(thats a bad thing) :driver: I am already commited.... Hope ynot is still going there wont be any darn wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

Role Call.... I am doing a day trip... Ynot you still in?, Jim is in also... anyone else?

Capt

APRIL FOOLS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOLY sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: FUGG IT I'M OUT... :laughing: Ya I know..It was the same temp at Glamis.. But I should have went out last weekend, just did not want to be the only one with at car out there by my self....(thats a bad thing) :driver: I am already commited.... Hope ynot is still going there wont be any darn wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weather report for next weekend: This is our last chance for the season let's go!!!!!!!

Currently Weekend Extended Forecast Month 6 - 10 of 15 days | All 15 Days < Previous 5 days Next 5 days > Previous 5 Days Next 5 Days

Thursday

Apr 7

Mostly cloudy and cooler 68°Lo 38° Friday

Apr 8

Variable clouds with a shower 59°Lo 39°

more Saturday

Apr 9

Spotty morning showers 75°Lo 41°

more Sunday

Apr 10

Partly sunny, showers around 66°Lo 43°

more Monday

Apr 11

Rain at times 68°Lo 44°

more

The reason I went at the last moment was that my brother was supposed to go and had to work. He then calls me on fri night around 6pm saying he could make it and finished his job early... so I loaded up the trailer and finished that around 10:15pm and headed to bed. I told him to be at my house at 630am... of course he was late.. but no biggie as it was no hurry to get there.... he was EXCITED...... this would be his first time to Dumont or to any dunes for that matter..

We arrived around 9 am to a bright and shiny mostly smooth dunes... ... Jim happened to meet us at the pay station with his tracker and we followed him i. There were about 60 trailers there and Man did it look good.. Dunes were in great shape and it wasnt busy at all.... Good thing we brought food as there was only 2 vendors there. We unloaded and geared up for our first run of the day.... temps were in the low 80's at that time with a slight breeze.. felt good...

This was my Brothers first time at the dunes or even in a sandcar for that matter.. I had to tell him to close his mouth because my goggles needed a wiper blade to keep the slobber off the lens lol.... he was laughing so hard and yelling yeah all day lol.... after meeting a few ppl at the north pole that Jim knew we headed for another run through the dunes. Keep in mind that this was just a guys trip for my Brother, Son and myself.. Actually pretty fun all together... After a couple minor repairs in the dunes to a car we were able to get a couple more runs in. My brother ate it up... Hook Line and Sinker.... HOUSTON WE HAVE NO PROBLEM>>>> He wants to get his quad up and running and do it again.....He had a chance to meet some good friends of mine.. thanks JIm and Kristin for letting us pop in your camping are and letting us use your shade...They are GOOD PEEPS and I am not ashamed to call them friends..

I was getting ready to start loading up and Jim stated he hadnt ridden in the car sense I picked it up in Glamis ... so away we went......

Sorry Jim lol... that was a SHARP RAZOR lol.... we almost went end over end.... Didnt really make me nervous but Jim was Whoaing a bit haaaa... problem was we hit a small sharp razor on top of a big dune and as the car raised its back end there was a small witch eye on the left that my left tire went in and then as the rear was slowly coming down we hit another small sharp razor.... Pucker Factor for him for sure... me not to much :woopitydoo:...

After all my brother has been through with his wife and child it was great to see him laughing and getting away from the problem for a bit..My brother is a great guy.. better than I am.. if that means anything to those that know me..and it was just nice to see him having a great time....

Man was it a long drive home after all that fun... was real tired lol.......... how can so much fun be so tiring lol..

Well temps got a little warm but the clouds moved in and with the breeze it turned out to be a great day...... AWESOMENESS

Capt

The reason I went at the last moment was that my brother was supposed to go and had to work. He then calls me on fri night around 6pm saying he could make it and finished his job early... so I loaded up the trailer and finished that around 10:15pm and headed to bed. I told him to be at my house at 630am... of course he was late.. but no biggie as it was no hurry to get there.... he was EXCITED...... this would be his first time to Dumont or to any dunes for that matter..

We arrived around 9 am to a bright and shiny mostly smooth dunes... ... Jim happened to meet us at the pay station with his tracker and we followed him i. There were about 60 trailers there and Man did it look good.. Dunes were in great shape and it wasnt busy at all.... Good thing we brought food as there was only 2 vendors there. We unloaded and geared up for our first run of the day.... temps were in the low 80's at that time with a slight breeze.. felt good...

This was my Brothers first time at the dunes or even in a sandcar for that matter.. I had to tell him to close his mouth because my goggles needed a wiper blade to keep the slobber off the lens lol.... he was laughing so hard and yelling yeah all day lol.... after meeting a few ppl at the north pole that Jim knew we headed for another run through the dunes. Keep in mind that this was just a guys trip for my Brother, Son and myself.. Actually pretty fun all together... After a couple minor repairs in the dunes to a car we were able to get a couple more runs in. My brother ate it up... Hook Line and Sinker.... HOUSTON WE HAVE NO PROBLEM>>>> He wants to get his quad up and running and do it again.....He had a chance to meet some good friends of mine.. thanks JIm and Kristin for letting us pop in your camping are and letting us use your shade...They are GOOD PEEPS and I am not ashamed to call them friends..

I was getting ready to start loading up and Jim stated he hadnt ridden in the car sense I picked it up in Glamis ... so away we went......

Sorry Jim lol... that was a SHARP RAZOR lol.... we almost went end over end.... Didnt really make me nervous but Jim was Whoaing a bit haaaa... problem was we hit a small sharp razor on top of a big dune and as the car raised its back end there was a small witch eye on the left that my left tire went in and then as the rear was slowly coming down we hit another small sharp razor.... Pucker Factor for him for sure... me not to much :woopitydoo:...

After all my brother has been through with his wife and child it was great to see him laughing and getting away from the problem for a bit..My brother is a great guy.. better than I am.. if that means anything to those that know me..and it was just nice to see him having a great time....

Man was it a long drive home after all that fun... was real tired lol.......... how can so much fun be so tiring lol..

Well temps got a little warm but the clouds moved in and with the breeze it turned out to be a great day...... AWESOMENESS

Capt

Glad to see you had a great time. Are you still going next weekend also? Looks like the last great run of the season!!! :ban-split:

Glad to see you had a great time. Are you still going next weekend also? Looks like the last great run of the season!!! :ban-split:

So far I am in.. Depends on Ed and if Ed cancels then my wife.. she has been wanting to go

Capt