Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I thought I might start this thread for whoever might be having a bad day or just for the simple reason to spread a positive vibe. :D

What are the simple things in life that make you happy? It's usually the things that usually money can't buy that make me the happiest in life.

I'll start....

Cruising in my truck with the windows down on a nice day listening to a great song that comes on the radio. B) :rockon:

  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

those day's i call in sick to work! to be at the dunes :D

or

Drinking in the driveway w/ a couple good friends...

or

Take the 1/4ton and explore a few trails around town.. I used to love the trail system at the end of gibson and horizon ridge untill they closed them off to build houses... I would go there for hours at a time just to crawl around in the truck and relax..

Posted

those day's i call in sick to work! to be at the dunes :D

or

Drinking in the driveway w/ a couple good friends...

or

Take the 1/4ton and explore a few trails around town.. I used to love the trail system at the end of gibson and horizon ridge untill they closed them off to build houses... I would go there for hours at a time just to crawl around in the truck and relax..

ahh yes...that is a good one :D:rockon:

or sitting atop one of the big dunes at Dumont looking over the camp area all by myself with a nice cool breeze in my face. It's so peacefull I can't help but smile :ninja: whenever I do that. :unsure:

Posted

I would have to say cake. White cake with white frosting.....mmmmmmm.

Or vanilla ice cream. Or a butterfinger blizzard. Oy! Oh the goodness!

Makes me smile and hum a happy tune. :rockon: ....if things are bad, well then, it just got better for me! :unsure:

Posted

I just love to hang with the family my wife and kids rock!!!! I also just love to get in the car and drive ........... :rockon::unsure:

Posted

I'd have to say:

"GOOD PEOPLE!"

They may not be the simplest thing to find out,

but when you do find out the good peeps...

YOU ARE HAPPY :D

And of course Beer with those Peeps :rockon:

Posted (edited)

Simple things that make me happy!

1. Sitting on the beach, listening to the waves crash into the shore, watching the sunset.

2. Road trip with great friends, jamming the radio and BS'ing

3. Kicking it around the fire drinking with DDR!!! Good Times!! :rockon:

4. Cruising thru the dunes on my quad seriously makes me smile everytime.

5. Listening to the rain (the few times we get any) oh yeah and the smell of rain.

6. Cuddling on the couch with that special someone watching a great movie!! (not lately) no comments from the peanut gallery on this one please.

I could go on and on and on with the simple things in life that make me smile. But thats a few! Im not really the hard a$$ I pretend to be.

:D Great thread by the way Pete!

Edited by Sincity_blondie
Posted

I too enjoy a great sunset as well....more specifically: a sunset while on the beach in Cali with duniemonkie while kicking back with ice cream from that one place on Hermosa Beach...well it doesn't get much better than that. PRICELESS. :D:D:D

Posted

I too enjoy a great sunset as well....more specifically: a sunset while on the beach in Cali with duniemonkie while kicking back with ice cream from that one place on Hermosa Beach...well it doesn't get much better than that. PRICELESS. :D:D:D

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, who knew you were a romantic!!! :rockon:

Posted

:rockon:

well i guess i dont know you guys to well, cause ive never seen that side of ya!! :P

...that weird, cuz I was just in town for just a week and I saw it. You guys are just soooo damn cute! :P

Posted

ok ok, get over it, we freakin love each other, ok!!?? Is that so hard to deal with, people?? :laughoff::laughoff:

Here are some more of my happy things in life.... :ninja:

-The sound and smell of my old truck every time I fire it up and spin it around the block. Ahh gotta love it!

-mom's home cooked meals. mmm :unsure:

-laughing so hard my stomach hurts...like that ---> :unsure::drunk: (this hapens everytime at the dunes- ask Steveo :laughoff: )

-kicking it with good friends at the north pole late at night when nobody is out in the dunes but us

-watching duniemonkie torment my cat :rockon::drunk:

-wind in my face haulin a$$ through the dunes :drunk: (ok that one costs a lil money, but it's still awesome)

Posted

peanut butter. you need money for that i know, but how about free peanut butter?

what truly makes me happy that money can't buy? reminiscing of the times i spent with friends who are now gone. those were the best of times. we grew up poor, in the housing authority.. we never had money, we never needed it. now i spend every dime i make chasing the fun we had and never catching it.

those memories are worth every dollar in the world. i'd try robbing a federal bank if i could bring back my friends for just one more memory.

Posted

Since you like sunsets so much... how bout sitting atop the face hill watching the sunset w/ good friends.. :D

normal_IMGP0995.JPG

of course! That too. :D I remember that day. right after sandunesaddict rolled Black Beauty right? :rockon:

Posted

Being in the zone on my bike on an empty highway at about 90mph when the temperature outside is around 80 degrees.

Fast runs through the dunes with someone else leading.

Hanging out with my second family on MOVIE NIGHT at Dumont.

( I'm smiling now as I type this stuff. ) :D

Posted

Nope.. that was the day trip we went on.. me you and taco.. remember Rhinoking actually rode his bike!!!!

ohhh yeah. I thought we had a similar pic atop the face hill dunes after Bert rolled the rail or no? Ahh either way, good times. I don't want to get too far off topic now. :rockon:

How bout sitting around the campfire listening to the sounds of quads, bikes, rails and generators? Kicking back with good friends (expecially at the dunes) is always a happy thought in my book. :D

Posted

Being in the zone on my bike on an empty highway at about 90mph when the temperature outside is around 80 degrees.

Fast runs through the dunes with someone else leading.

Hanging out with my second family on MOVIE NIGHT at Dumont.

( I'm smiling now as I type this stuff. ) :D

That's cool , Don. That's really the reason why I started the thread. :D It makes me happy just thinking of these things too. I figured some days are just flat out sh*tty and stressfull, why not try bring some happiness to DDR for whoever is having that kind of day. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...