Simple things in life...that make you happy

dunefreak

Who says money cant buy happiness? When I open my check to see that i get a couple hundred more then expected Im a happy camper lol..

but seriously though. nothing beats the late nights kicking back by the campfire with a few beers bringing up funny storys about the past.....Good Times :drinkbeer:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drinkbeer: you freakin' crack me up. At least in wasn't in yellow snow.

mmmmmmm yellow snow... you mean lemon snow cones right................... :laughing: .....hello........anybody

why is everybody walkin away :drinkbeer:

the family god blessed me with

the peace god gave me after many years of shite !!

the smell of the greasewood bushes after it rains

the smell of nitro

the smell of old school 105 octane ethyl out of a high compression motor

friends

campfires

dune cruises

4 wheelin with the family and hitting those areas that are so beautifle they take your breath away

overcast days at the beach like pismo

good music

making people laugh

a good drag race

the smell of mequite wood

learning

finding my feelings as i get older

and it goes on and on and on

god i love life !!!!!!!

Edited by barefoot bob

The level of happiness my two little rat dogs exude when I come home from work makes me happy.

Sitting on the Veranda at Havasu watching the sun set over the lake with my family, friends, and an ice cold one makes me happy.

Launching my Hallett early on a hot summer morning and hearing 500hp ring throught the marina makes me happy.

Knowing I can really F things up and at least my wife still loves me makes me happy.

Driving from Riverside towards Vegas with every wanna be a-hole in the world (Knowing I am turning off at Baker) makes me happy.

• 5 months later...

It's funny you should bring this up again. Danny has a humming bird nest in his tree and we have been watching it from little tiny witsy eggs to now. There are little tiny witsy humming birds. They are soooo cute. I have been taking some pics of them. Maybe I can try to post them.. Anyway........ That makes me happy.

Edited by desertskyz

:blink:

I was having a kinda crappy day yesterday and thought of some of the things others & I mentioned in this thread and I started to have a more positive attitude and my day went better! :dunno::D

Sorry to hear you had a blah day and yes those day's suck.But today is a new day,just :dunno: It is a beautiful day in your neighborhood(MR.Rogers) :thumb: Now I will be serious.....

When I have those day's I think about all the things I am blessed with.......

My Family,

My husband,

My beautiful healthy kids,

Family vacations,

Friends,

and the list can go on and on.

I try hard to remember there are so many people out there that have it so much harder in life than most of us for health reasons money issues,abuse,and so on.And us who are strong people will have our bad day and hopefully come out of it in a day or so and the memory of that will be gone.And life will keep moving foward onto ,more challenges and better happy day's.

Chris and I know someone who has a very hard time coping with life and motherhood,She does not know how to socialize so there for she has no friends.Her state of mind is unhappiness everyday of her life and it is very sad to watch.And all she wants is to be normal like most people,but all the medical drugs and doctors can't seem to get her better.So with that said be thankful for your everyday happiness that you have most of the time.And whatever was so bad yesterday will go away........

My speech done for the day....So now smile and have a beer. :beercheers::D

I'm glad Pete bumped this one up too!! I had been thinking about doing it myself, since there's quite a few newbies that could add their thoughts.

A few of mine:

Sitting down to dinner with my family every evening. That's usually the only time of day we are all at the same place at the same time. :pissed:

Family get-togethers with my sisters, always a GOOD time!! I'm really lucky to have 4 out of 5 sisters here in town. They are my support system. :think:

We have some great friends/neighbors that are always willing to lend a hand! :blink:

As simple as simple gets.....puppy breath!!