best directions/route to dumont

lindernglamis

You wont have a problem with a 21' trailer Ive seen huge ones go through. there is just a section that has some tight switchbacks but its short. pahrump is quit a bit quicker, I live in nlv ans used to go to baker but recently switched unless I am meeting someone.

Over the hump. (Through Tecopa) Its about 20 min faster. No problem towing a 21ftr that way. I tow my 24ft w/ no prob. at all. The hill is steep (Mt Potosi) but it's not that long. :laughoff:

I used to travel the Tecopa road but with my new trailer it was just to rough. I now take the Hwy through Parump and down to Shoshone, No traffic, smoother wider road and if I forget something I can make a quick pit stop in Elephant fart. I towed 40' fifth wheels down the Tecopa road but lately it seems that the road is all beat up and to many idiots want to pass and spray rocks all over. The Parump way is about 15-20 minutes longer but it's not a race anyway.

I used to travel the Tecopa road but with my new trailer it was just to rough. I now take the Hwy through Parump and down to Shoshone, No traffic, smoother wider road and if I forget something I can make a quick pit stop in Elephant fart. I towed 40' fifth wheels down the Tecopa road but lately it seems that the road is all beat up and to many idiots want to pass and spray rocks all over. The Parump way is about 15-20 minutes longer but it's not a race anyway.

Yeah it used to be beat up a bit but they recently filled a lot of potholes and fixed some parts of the road. The only downfall going that route is getting stuck behind these 45-50 mph guys. It's abit hard to pass in some spots. Not too bad though. I still go that way.

I live in GV and take the I-15 to Baker, I used to take the hump over, but that road is a little rough and tight for my rig. I-15 hwy road is a lot better road and I seem to get better gas mileage. From St. Rose and the I-15 its 1hr 20min to baker and another 1/2 hr to to the dunes. Their is also a dump sight @ the Valero in Baker on the way back, and you can get something too eat or gas up if you need too.. :D My 2cents worth :laughoff:

That's why I go around thru Parump. Up the hills I am one of those 40 mph guys :laughoff:

I started taking the Baker route. I can haul a$$ with the 26ft toy hauler fully loaded and my lifted truck (makes it a little harder to pull power wise). I usually run about 70-80 on the highway. It works out to be tha same time and it is a 4 lane highway most of the way. My friends yell at me when they follow up baker grade cuz I wont slow down and wait!! I love the power of my diesel.