MLK Weekend Report

sand chick

Jodi your report is right on! I will just add a little to the weekend.

Decisions, decisions, decisions … I thought about this all week … Well, Friday came and around 1600 hours sitting at my cubicle, I decided – “Let’s go to Dumont”

My husband and I had everything locked & loaded by 1830hours. Bye, Bye Vegas!!! When we arrived at Jodi & Mike’s camp they had a few friends hanging out by the camp fire. We unloaded our toys and hung around the camp fire for a few.

We started Saturday morning with - Wakey Wakey eggs and bacey!!! And then we headed out towards the North Pole to watch Mike’s son Justin ride his new toy. Super Cute! We made it back just in time for FOOTBALL. Oh’ yes, I paced back-n-forth for the Niner’s – and holy crap, 4:02 left on the clock – Alex Smith proved himself tremendously - The game kept me away from riding.

After a great win by the 49ers, Mike turned on the Bronco’s game on the projector for Jodi. OUCH!!! OUCH!!! The game was so bad that I convinced Mike to get the UFC fight. That was so much more interesting! By the way thankx for getting the fight
:)

Good Morning Sunday. Joe Duner arrived at our camp to say he was going for a ride. I asked if I could take passenger. Such an awesome guy, he said, yes! I hopped on in and off we went. WHOOOHOOOO - weeeeeweeeee - oh' crap, transitioning on my side - fun fun fun... *It was very nice to meet you*

We planned on heading home Sunday night but it was such a nice weekend we stayed another night. Monday morning we went for a ride – Two RZR’z and Two quads – we made our way to the North Pole and back to camp in an hour. The dunes were so soft and smooth it made for a great ride. … Oh’ snap I forgot to mention the funniest part about the morning …. Mike’s son Justin was playing on the hill, up and down all morning on his quad – and then … Mike and I at the same time seen Justin’s quad upside down on the dune. (My heart sank) … Mike screamed Justin’s name so loud (the fear in his voice was priceless - I knew it was a fear scream, but he sounded like a little biiiioooootttttcccchhhh) … As I headed towards the hill, I seen Justin walking around my truck with my husband…I tried telling Mike, “Justin is over here”, he was still running towards the quad. Here comes my husband completely calm, “Hey, Justin came and asked me to help him with is quad.” I asked Justin if he was okay, and he replied, “I forgot to put on my wrist strap.” (Meaning: engine, cut off lanyard)…. Once I realized everything was okay with Justin, I couldn’t stop laughing at how Mike screamed.

Thanks to everyone for a relaxing weekend
  • Like 1

I can only ride one bike at a time, but with the issue I seem to always have i figure having a spare might be good. lol Towing with just one bike on the trailer works but bounces with not enough weight. I have spent so much money lately i better not buy a ramp, or i might not have a fiance anymore.

tatooedwhtboy, Sounds good to me. My best riding buddy lives in Oregon and the commute is brutal. Other riding buddy hasn't ridden in probly a year, he's fun to ride with but once a year isn't quit enough for me. The guy I have been with the last few time just loves Comp and doesn't follow very well on runs. I hate that. My Fiance is the same way cause she is still scared and basically stays on the flats.

Adam, I will introduce you to Garret my Grandson, He likes to ride and is a great ride leader but likes to find jumps and enjoys the dunes. He rides a YFZ 450. He is a good kid and will show you Dumont. I think you will enjoy riding with him. He will be there that weekend.

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1

Jodi your report is right on! I will just add a little to the weekend.

Decisions, decisions, decisions … I thought about this all week … Well, Friday came and around 1600 hours sitting at my cubicle, I decided – “Let’s go to Dumont”

Thanks to everyone for a relaxing weekend

So happy you guys made the trip out! That was an added bonus to the

best. MLK weekend yet.

Wish we would have been able to meet up with other ddr peeps.

Edited by sand chick

Our trip report:

Pulled into Dumont around 8 a.m. on Saturday (didn't want to get there after dark on Friday). Found our friends WAAAYY up the edge of the mesa north of the road, way north of BR 9 on completely hard packed and ROCKY terrain. Not my favorite but I wasn't first in. Unloaded and set up kids. kids were on the quads right away. One has an Lt 80 with holeshots (no paddles yet) and the other has an LT50 with work done to it. They've been riding for a while but I took them out to the big dunes for the first time to start teaching them technique (momentum!). It took about 20 minutes but they got it down. The 50 is just not strong enough for the actual dunes, great for flat and dirt (it's for sale now).

We rounded up the crew and headed out about 11:00 for the North Pole, this is the first time that we have been on a ride as a family. Each member on their own bike and it was great. The kids loved North Pole and the ride to and from. Then back to camp for some games. Evening time was a guy ride. First time I was able to open the banshee up in over two years (it's set up only for sand) and it was great. Had some fun with my buddy riding the razor at the top of the dune that is Comp on the other side. He couldn't keep his DS650 up on the edge going so slow, my shee sticks to it with no problem.

Sunday was another family ride to Comp. First time for the wife and kids. The sand at the north west end was really soft and a complete blast. Got some great pics, I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post them here. Kids loved playing in the sand and requested all the trips be sand trips for the rest of the season. Wind came up a bit so back to camp for more games. Put the kids in one motorhome and the adults in our trailer for some adult beverages.

Monday was a quick trip to the dunes to turn the kids loose in a large "playpen" shaped area on the way to the North Pole then back to camp to pack up. The weekend was great and way less people than I expected. I too would have liked to meet up with some others, maybe another time.

BTW - head wind back to high desert was horrible. Worked the truck all the way home and cost about $50.00 more in gas to get home. That's something that sucks on the 15 south, usually a head wind.