Converted Glamis Duner

Whoodatt

I was out at Dumont this last weekend and it was beautiful, the high on saturday was like 76 and it was awesome. This was only my 2nd time to Dumont and im in love with the place, I have been going to Glamis for over 20 years and never knew about Dumont. :rockon:

Im taking a buddy up that has been going to Glamis almost as long as me on the 29th ( someone else HAS GOT TO SEE THIS! :thumb: )

Is Dumont always windy?

Dumont sucks. It's always windy, the dunes are crappy, and it is just downright sh*tty. I wouldn't go there if I were you.

:thumb: :shocked2: Welcome to DDR. :rockon: And yes, Dumont is windy most of the time, that's why the dunes there are the way they are. :D

lol thanks man :thumb: I saw a cross on top of a rocky hill and went to check it out and saw a plague dedicated to a gentleman that died in 1995, does anyone know the story behing this?

lol thanks man :rockon: I saw a cross on top of a rocky hill and went to check it out and saw a plague dedicated to a gentleman that died in 1995, does anyone know the story behing this?

I have never have come across that. Where was this hill? Are you talking about the rock pile that is just off to the right of the main gravel road just as you come to the top of the plateau pulling into the dunes?

I have never have come across that. Where was this hill? Are you talking about the rock pile that is just off to the right of the main gravel road just as you come to the top of the plateau pulling into the dunes?

When you get to the top of the plateau you go right and go all the way down to where the dunes end and you start getting nothing but rocky hills the cross and plaque are on top of one of those rocky hills. I have pictures and ill post them when I get them back from the photo place.

It's not "religious people" complaining. The group(s) are named in some earlier threads...they don't want the native areas of the dunes humanized.

He used other words which were a bit politically incorrect. I changed it to that cause that's all that fit at the time.

• 1 month later...

The kids in our group call it hot wheels hill.

DAMFINO why, resembles one of the hot wheels toy sets I guess.

Little pikes peak.