Dumont this week 11th-15th

rebelmark

Rolling in Friday morning with a herd of Sand Pigs. I guess if four or five makes a herd anyways. Two Dumont rookies in tow so I hope the sand isn't shredded too early in to the trip. Looks to be shaping up for an awesome weekend conditions wise.

Ride safe. See ya'll there.

No car for me just quads. Was hopeing same w/ you. Honestly I did not know what a sand pig was? lol . There was an older group of guys out there tuesday when I left. They had 4 rails, but they drive really melow and SLOW. So they were doing ok. The wind blew monday and all week for that matter so the sand will be NICE! I am heading back thurs evening to finish of the season and see if I can break what ever I have left. I will be parked by #3 (GREY DURAMAX/ 40 FT W.W. 5THWHL) up aganist the finger stop by for a ride. see ya out there.

Oh! Well then quads it is. You are more than welcome to join our group. It's small and we're going to be breaking in a couple of dune newbs so nothing as intense as any of Pete's awesome rides but still a fun and enjoyable weekend all the same.

I usually try and get up in the cul-de-sac (B-14) but if you don't mind us joining your camp then we'll pull in where you're already set up. Is B-10ish about right? Got stuck as hell last time we went up in the cul-de-sac anyway so I might rethink that area until my load gets lighter.

Hello all! I'm new to this site but not to duning, I took a couple of years off from the sport and now I'm back. I was in Utah but moved to Vegas three months ago so Dumont is my closest fix. I'll be getting in on Saturday, would it be cool to join you?? You seem like a fun bunch and for safety's sake don't like riding alone. I'll be riding an '11 YZ450 and my buddy might bring his '12 Commander.

Safe riding,

Rodney

Hey Jim, hope you wern't talking about SANDAWG and me. Oh, that's right, we didn't ride with you so I guess we're not the "mellow old guys." Hope everything was ok with your WW when you got back to the bluff. We left at 10:30 Thursday and everything was good. Thanks for the good time at the fire. See you next season, maybe. Rocket & Booster.

Everything was great thank you so much for keeping an eye on my trailer. I have never left My stuff out of the dunes before kinda worried about it a little bit. Thanks for the big pieces of firewood, good campfire talking and hospitality. We will see you for sure next season. Thanks again!

Had to have been there to see a lot of things!

Like: Ahhh my a$$ is burning, stand, sway, stumble, stagger, piss in to the wind, stumble a little more, fall, stagger to the hauler, and sleep. :beerpint: :beerpint: :dope::lol:

Like: Trixie :hello: I'm so sorry, but my hearing really is bad. I now know your real name.

Like: a whole bunch of :rain:

Got in some good rides and did a little bit of wrenching along the way but that's par for most dune trips I think. Got to meet some great DDR peeps in Jim and Kris. Hope to hang and ride with you fine folks again next season. Gotta come on down to Glamis for a trip or two. Good meetin' ya. :drinkbeer:

Hope you guys get your EFI issue figured out.

I'll see if I can't download some of the pics that I took seeing as to how Ray is having an issue doing so. :slap:

A big thanks to Jim for leading some killer rides that Dylan could learn on and meet, or exceed in some cases, his limits! He caught on quick and I think he may have our addiction. :atv::whoop:

Not too bad for a rookie...

photo.jpg

...Or is it???

photo6.jpg

Friday evening after the storm.

DumontwRayandDylan101.jpg

Saturday morning sunrise.

DumontwRayandDylan113.jpgDumontwRayandDylan114.jpg

Edited by aceisback
  • Like 1