Starting A New project

Ray C

So i got my first Rail project and I am starting completely fresh, a good starting point though. I have this 4 seat rail frame I bought already tabbed and powder coated but I need to get it in a rolling form so i need front A-arms and rear swing axle trailing arms and I do not know where to start to get these item and what may make it more difficult is that i am not sure as to exactly what type of frame this is, i will post some pics and hopefully you guys can help me out. i was even thinking about trading it for a 4 seat vw setup roller.

Post it up on glamisdunes.com and put more pictures on there as well. If this is the route you want then stay with it. A VW powered car will leave you disappionted if your looking for a long travel car.

This frame is probably tabbed for a mendeola and a LS motor. Both big dollar items. Then you still need the suspension components and shocks. Again all big dollar parts. But once you get past all those then the car will nickle and dime you to death. It will be a very big headache and frustrating at times but once you put it in the sand and take that first ride, you will realize it was all worth it.

Where did you buy it at? Does the owner have any idea who made it? Post up pictures of the front looking back and that should help you find the builder and this will lead to the finding of your parts.

Edited by bp-guy

Thanks for the info, the guy I got this frame from does not know the make either. I will try that glamis site as well. Ya I was kind of aware that this would cost me some money but after thinking about what I wanted to do as far as sticking with this frame or build a VW set up I think I just may stick with it and take my time because I figured I would be unhappy if this is what I want. Sorry the photos are of the frame up side down the one I have right side up were too big and would not let me upload, I wiil work on getting some up though.

post-8155-0-17795100-1343693583_thumb.jp

post-8155-0-66638400-1343693665_thumb.jp

I agree with you thats what I just finished looking at and that is probably what I will do, now will I have to get one of those 6k dollars mendeola transmissions to hook this up to or can I get away with a VW trans built?

A bus box will get you by for a little while.Then you will want more power so here comes a turbo then more boost then bigger trans..it never stops.

If you left the 3.5 Honda stock a bus box would handle it fine.But for not much more you can get a Mendi E box

That frame looks to be set up for bypass' on all 4 corners, and you need EVERYTHING. There are some rail mfgs who built some lousy working cars over the years so unless you knew who built it it would be risky at best to proceed. Frames are relatively inexpensive it's the bolt ons that add up. Financially I wouldn't think it would be worth building out in the current market with rails being sold for pennies on the dollar (even if it was built by a reputable mfg.).

• Like 1

So I found out this is sandbuggy supply frame and the guy is located in cerritos and another guy at prowler sand rails in santa clarita said he could help me out so at least now I am on the right track as to knowing what I got so I can get the right parts. Is there anybody that may have extra parts or anything that is for sale that can help me out on getting this frame rolling.

I live in Lancaster Ca. I was also thinking about maybe trading it for a 4seater VW setup roller, I have been thinking about it and i was leaning towards trading it if someone was interested but then I really think about it and i also want to put it together. I do not know what to do because I kinda want to have something now but in the long run I know if i do this project and complete it I will be very happy with myself and be able to tell all my buddies " Yep, I built this" so I am still kind of stuck on the fence. I had a guy offer me a 4 seat VW setup roller the other day but my concern was if i will be comfortable in that since I am 6ft. tall and around 270 and the seats are close to each other with this it is more room.