Street legal in Nevada

racertim23

I'm moving the whole fam damily to Pahrump, and want to know if anyone has had any success in registering their sand cars for the street. Would love to leave the house and head up Wheeler Pass. Thanx in advance.

I'm actually trying to do the same thing in VEGAS so maybe we can keep eachother posted on what we find out.

I also have a friend that works for the DMV in Carson City so I'll try and get more info for us. :barf::headbang1:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is possible, and not too hard. I've actually seen 3 rails driving around in Vegas. They come under the 'Kit Car' category. Clark County is harder to get it done in due to the smog regulations but Nye will be easier, not to mention the staff at the DMV in Pahrump is much nicer to deal with than some of the people in Vegas.

It is possible, and not too hard. I've actually seen 3 rails driving around in Vegas. They come under the 'Kit Car' category. Clark County is harder to get it done in due to the smog regulations but Nye will be easier, not to mention the staff at the DMV in Pahrump is much nicer to deal with than some of the people in Vegas.

Why is it different in each County? I was under the impression that the DMV was state run and they set the regs.......

Each county has thier own set of regs as well.. :D For instance... In the county i grew up in.. Only had to smog the truck once if you purchased it from somewhere outside your family... After that you never have to smog it again.. If its a gift from one family member to another No smog. :D But if you go up to san diego county, san bernardino county gotta smog it every year.

It'll need at a minimum the rail will need:

Windshield

Wipers

Turn signals

High and low beams

Rear view mirrors - inside and drivers side

Horn

Side panels

Solid floor board

Muffler to meed sound level requirements for exhaust

I'm not sure on the bumper issue

It'll need at a minimum the rail will need:

Windshield

Wipers

Turn signals

High and low beams

Rear view mirrors - inside and drivers side

Horn

Side panels

Solid floor board

Muffler to meed sound level requirements for exhaust

I'm not sure on the bumper issue

It will also need a collapsable steering shaft for front end collision safety.

• 2 weeks later...