Tankless water heater....INSTALLED....kaaaa-chow....

Last sat my water heater went out. I installed it 10 years and 3 months ago when I built the house. A couple years ago I investigated a new water heater, but the prices were pretty high for tankless, so I waited, mine was still working. Fast forward......I waited too long and the tank rotted out and no hot water last saturday. I found that tankless prices came down a bit. I read reviews, I studied, and I ordered a unit from amazon (best price) and a couple flush valves and a descaler. Total price about 700$. This was the for a 27 KW (27000) electric tankless water heater. My tank water heater was outside...and was wrapped but still outside, so I thought I hope to see a reduction in my power bill since Im not heating water 24/7. Anyways the tankless got in, I ran 3 seperate (#6) lines with 40 amp double pole breakers. I changes some plumbing under my house to reduce the run lenght cause the way it was looped.

Now I have hot water. I digitally set the temp on the unit up to 140 degrees. I set mine at 120 and its almost to hot to shower with. (after a week of the gym and my shop shower it was so sweet thou) You dont mix cold water with it to get your temp, no need to. Now I get hot water in the shower in about 4-5 seconds....thats right faster then you can drop the towel and step in. No more turning it on an waiting for it to warm up.

It also never runs out of hot water. The unit I put in my master closet, Its about 4 inches deep, by 16 inches wide by 20 inches tall. Like a small vanity mirror that opens. It has three replaceable heating elements.

WInning so far.......

If I remember Ill post up if I see a change in the power bill. Im betting on 30-40$ a month.

Edited by 1320

Hey guys, I put it in general, cause its not in my trailer, its in my house. I figured someone might find it helpful. The only information I could get was reviews from amazon.....and Id find a more personal review more reliable.

I installed a RINNAI tankless water heater in my house about 5 years ago or so....Absolutely love it. We did a masterbath renovation, tearing down some walls to open the master suite up, which included a clear glass shower room, with a couple of shower valves/heads, and a huge whirlpool jaccuzzi tub right across from the bed. We found the old tank style water heater would run out with both shower heads going, and it also would run out towards the top of filling up the tub; so that's why we switched. Now, we have an endless supply :woo_hoo: At the time , I found the best reviews on the Rinnai, so I searched and found one on ebay. Fairly easy to install. We have a natural gas model though. We still saw savings though. Our summer gas bill was as low as about $30, and after it gets down to about $12 a month. The savings so far have paid for the whole unit, and it is still going strong, and will for years to come I'm sure. We have ours set at 140(max). Should I find myself in another house, I will never buy a tank unit again! I would reccomend anyone who needs a water heater to switch over :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had a commercial grade one on my house for about 2 years now, they are awesome and work great, but if you mount them outside be sure to wrap the pipes. I didnt and had slush come out of the line at 5am the other morning. lol

we are on propane and it aint cheap!!! will the tankless use less propane?? and as far as the electric, any idea what the average electric bill is for one? (i understand you cant know yet but maybe the produck came with some numbers?)

thanks

It all depends on usage of course, but it should use less propane as well. The savings come from not keeping a reservoir of water heated all night long, and when your not home. The idea of on demand is where the savings come from. The never running out is just a perk. Wether you're on electric, natural gas, or propane, you should expect to see savings over a tank style water heater. With the electric rate projections for the next 5 years, The only way I would recommend going the electric route, was if you had a CARE discount on electricity, or if you had solar panels.

• 3 weeks later...

Other models are also available, And different configurations as well: Propane , natural gas ,indoor ,outdoor, etc.

This one requires a three-quarter inch gas supply line. Also there is a ducting kit available