What companies still make toyhaulers with lots of cargo?

dunefreak

I was kicking around the idea of getting a new hauler and so far it doesn't even look like a possibility with today's haulers. With my current setup, I have a front bedroom and~18 feet to the first cabinet (+ another 4-5 ft), plus a wide opening with no exposed wheel wells inside so I can get my car in.

I would love to stay Forest River, but it seems everything they make is too small as far as cargo space.

Attitude toyhaulers seem to have plenty of cargo, but only in a 5th wheel. I'm not against that but after spending a ton of cash on a new hitch & weight distribution setup plus I like my bed space, I would prefer a pull behind.

What else is left? Most of them have gone under. :dunno:

Pete take a look at the options, some haulers if you have the built to order, can get you drive on wheel wells. Warrior trailers are built by the same guy that owned Weekend Warrior and I know when ordering my old trailer, they had that option, they also had the largest door opening at 96" I believe, but would have to make sure that is the same with the new versions.

Hay Pete, Im sure you have herd this before but once you have a fifth wheel you will never go back to tag along I had a 38 foot tag now a 35 footl fifth you gain the space over the bed ,, by the way my name Is Paul my son Justin used to work with you at the chevy dealer ship in detail dept it been awhile.

I would agree Pete that the fifth wheel is the only way to go. Once you have that separate room you can never go back. Sure you give some space up but not much and it makes hooking and un-hooking so much easier. Tows better to.

Terry

I already have the separate bedroom up front. I'm not against the 5th wheel setup, but most of them are so ridiculously heavy it just doesn't seem practical. Besides, I would be losing cargo space for another bike and stuff I load into my bed.

I would agree Pete that the fifth wheel is the only way to go. Once you have that separate room you can never go back. Sure you give some space up but not much and it makes hooking and un-hooking so much easier. Tows better to.

Terry

I 2nd that..

I already have the separate bedroom up front. I'm not against the 5th wheel setup, but most of them are so ridiculously heavy it just doesn't seem practical. Besides, I would be losing cargo space for another bike and stuff I load into my bed.

I have learned Pete that sometimes you just can have it all you just can't take it all with you!!

I have learned Pete that sometimes you just can have it all you just can't take it all with you!!

So your saying I can't have what I already have but new? lol I am not asking for the world here. I just want something close to what I have now, except new. I'm even ok with downsizing a little. My current setup's ability is capable of carrying 3 quads, my sandcar and an atc every trip. That's not my plan. I'm ok with bringing the sandcar and a quad only. Yet, just about every toyhauler I find doesn't even hold my sandcar.

maybe something like this? http://www.warriorli...el_fsc3200.html

Yep, something like that. Thank you Mark!!

I just had a 2014 stellar 34LKSG built, picked it up last Mon, It is as big as I could go with my 2008 super duty. Got rid of the ww fsc3200, it is simply too much trailer / tongue weight to hook to the back of a f250 IMO. Lost a little space but the bath / front bedroom are a big plus for us. Having kids FINALLY old enough to tow the 20' enclosed out is nice as well :beerpint:

Only bad thing, is the owner pulled the plug on the weekend warrior and screwed a lot of people out of their warranties.

I don't really think he had much of a choice, seems a lot of companies went out of business. One good this is that he took total responsibility for what happened with his company.

Nice. Is that a 5th wheel or tag, Eric? I'll have to check out the floor plan.

Fifth wheel, I sold my ww to a friend so, I threw in all of the weight dist. / receiver hardware. it has 18.5' to the front cabinets around 14.5' to the oven I can fit a couple xp's or i had it set up to winch a buggy in backwards to leave options open (-= kitchen is 72" wide and it had no wheel wells. I would have gotten the 38' but my driveway is 37' long and I wanted to have it at 15K gross so when I go to sell it the buyer does not need a non-commercial class A. When you are shopping check out toyhaulerliquidators.com they are a good price reference (would not personally make another trip up there (2 times was enough)), when you pick something out shoot me a PM, a friend of mine owns a few rv dealerships so I will get you a price. I checked every build option they offered and still came in WAY under base msrp. WAY... FYI dont know if you plan on any financing but rv rates are in the 4%'s, that is cheap toy money (-=

Fifth wheel, I sold my ww to a friend so, I threw in all of the weight dist. / receiver hardware. it has 18.5' to the front cabinets around 14.5' to the oven I can fit a couple xp's or i had it set up to winch a buggy in backwards to leave options open (-= kitchen is 72" wide and it had no wheel wells. I would have gotten the 38' but my driveway is 37' long and I wanted to have it at 15K gross so when I go to sell it the buyer does not need a non-commercial class A. When you are shopping check out toyhaulerliquidators.com they are a good price reference (would not personally make another trip up there (2 times was enough)), when you pick something out shoot me a PM, a friend of mine owns a few rv dealerships so I will get you a price. I checked every build option they offered and still came in WAY under base msrp. WAY... FYI dont know if you plan on any financing but rv rates are in the 4%'s, that is cheap toy money (-=

Excellent info. Thank you. :beercheers: