Underground Diesel Performance

nwtdiesel

Just wanted to stop in and say "Hi"

Im Newly the owner of UDP, we specialize in diesel pick-up performance and repair. By performance we mean fuel mileage gains, power gains, lower EGTs, better trans temps, cooler intake temps and much more. We do this by installing a performance package that fits your needs. We also do lots of daily repair like injectors, injection pumps, turbo repair, transmission repair, engine builds, head gaskets, head studs, HPOPs, Oil Coolers, Gauges, lube service and much much more. We compete with other diesel shops pricing all over the country since we deal with online sales plus we advertise in todays biggest diesel magazines like Diesel Power, Diesel World and Diesel Tech. One of our current projects we finished was a triple turbo 06 Cummins that made over 900hp on fuel and air only, its currently on the cover of Diesel Tech Magazine. We dont like to just bolt other peoples parts on either, we manufacture (Fab, CNC, water jet) some of our own parts plus we do custom EFI live tuning for the Cummins and Duramax trucks all in house. Our next big project is a 2013 6.7 Ford Scorpion we are doing twin turbos, big injectors, head studs, custom tuning and nitrous on for Terrible Herbst. If you guys have any questions or need a free quote give us a shout 702-737-7333 we offer free towing with major repair, free diag with repair and our $89 hr labor rate is tough to beat! We have a friendly knowledgeable staff of 7 waiting to serve Las Vegas! Thanks

www.undergrounddiesels.com
702-737-7333
2595 west post rd suite C 89119

This is the front of the shop, usually loaded with trucks!

IMG_8476.jpg

Here is a older picture of the inside of the shop, we can fit 9 trucks inside and work on all of them with plenty of room. After outgrowing suite C we took over suite B as well and knocked a hole in the wall. Were now looking at taking over the whole building!

z78.jpg

Edited by nwtdiesel

ok, without getting to technical and crazy, what can be done with 2008 dodge 6.7 to improve

the gas mileage and be smog legal and not break the bank. ball park figure on cost. was told was a

waste of time unless bypass emissions and then big $$. thanks

Ok first off this is a touchy subject because the EPA is coming down on all the manufactures of the emissions delete equipment so your truck has to be off road use only to remove the emissions components :) Im not telling anyone to remove their exhaust or EGR but it is a fact HUGE gains are made with them gone.

Yes what you were told is correct. I wouldnt touch it unless you remove the CAT and DPF cause thats where the mileage comes in. Part of the reason trucks equipped with the DPF (diesel particulate filter) get such bad fuel mileage is because there is actually a injector in the exhaust that injects fuel into the DPF to help burn the soot out when it regenerates. This causes the use of fuel which brings the MPG down cause its taking fuel from the tank. When you remove the CAT and DPF the regen gets shut off through a tuner so your no longer using fuel from the tank in the exhaust to burn soot. Thats where part of the mileage gain is from, the other gains are from less restriction for the exhaust to exit, easier turbo spool, less lag, less fuel needed to get the truck from point A to point B plus with the CAT and DPF being gone you can run a better tune that adds more timing and fuel for more power and mileage. We seen gains of 6-8mpg on off road trucks. Give me a shout and i can go into more detail and prices, it doesnt cost that much to gain tons of mileage, reliability and power.

I got a similar ?

I have an '09 LMM duramax that I've deleted the dpf and cat, for off road use only of course. Wide open 4" straight out, with an edge evolution tuner that I've got set as low as it goes. It's a dually, on 37" big rig tires. Feather footing it, I can only muster about 16mpg, but around town is closer to 12. I drive it like grandpa snail, and this is all I can get; and towing...8 or 9 :( Very frustrated when my Cat C-15, 80,000 pound rig can get 7mpg.

I expected 20+, but bummed with results. Would an EGR block off plate do any good?Or Is this normal considering my tire size, or am I missing something?

I got a similar ?

I have an '09 LMM duramax that I've deleted the dpf and cat, for off road use only of course. Wide open 4" straight out, with an edge evolution tuner that I've got set as low as it goes. It's a dually, on 37" big rig tires. Feather footing it, I can only muster about 16mpg, but around town is closer to 12. I drive it like grandpa snail, and this is all I can get; and towing...8 or 9 :( Very frustrated when my Cat C-15, 80,000 pound rig can get 7mpg.

I expected 20+, but bummed with results. Would an EGR block off plate do any good?Or Is this normal considering my tire size, or am I missing something?

Is the muffler gone too? Im assuming its the Edge Evo Race with the 10 settings? This might sound funny but turn the tuner up to level 5 or 6 and see if the mileage comes up. If not i have some other options for you that will get your meleage up a tad more but 16mpg really isnt all that bad for a dually on 37" tires. Blocker plates do help, cold air intakes and most important on those trucks are a PCV re route. The stock PCV runs the valve cover breathers into the intake tube which runs back into the turbo and intercooler. 99% of the time the turbo will suck oil up the breathers and into the turbo, intercooler and intercooler pipes making a big greasy mess making the intercooler not function properly. I bet if you pull a boot off the intercooler pipes there will be oil inside. PCV re routes are cheap and worth it. With EFI tuning we can get you a better burn and closer to 18mpg plus we can give you 5 tunes you can switch on the fly including a turbo brake tune if you tow a lot. When set on the turbo brake setting and when the truck sees 0% throttle the turbo vains will close and slow the truck down. Its pretty sweet. The Edge EVO is a nice unit tho, try a higher setting so the timing comes up a bit more ans see if that helps.

Yes, muffler gone too. She sounds like a freakin jet takin off when I stand on it :)

One time I blew an inner cooler boot, and yes it was very oily, so the PCV reroute could definitely help! The turbo brake sounds awesome! I would definitely like that. I use the jakes in my rig all the time, And always towing something. So is that simply a different tuner that offers that turbo braking, Or is that your custom touch?

I'm not sure which Edge evolution tuner I have, but it has 7 settings. I've only put it in 1&3, due to how often I tow. 3 is amazing! I can't imagine setting seven... I'm afraid I would drop the driveshaft :P I will try upping the tune/setting on my next tank of fuel.

I appreciate the advice!!!

Yes, muffler gone too. She sounds like a freakin jet takin off when I stand on it :)

One time I blew an inner cooler boot, and yes it was very oily, so the PCV reroute could definitely help! The turbo brake sounds awesome! I would definitely like that. I use the jakes in my rig all the time, And always towing something. So is that simply a different tuner that offers that turbo braking, Or is that your custom touch?

I'm not sure which Edge evolution tuner I have, but it has 7 settings. I've only put it in 1&3, due to how often I tow. 3 is amazing! I can't imagine setting seven... I'm afraid I would drop the driveshaft :P I will try upping the tune/setting on my next tank of fuel.

I appreciate the advice!!!

Awesome! Love that sound. Yea the turbo brake is something we do with the custom EFI live tuning. I have a guy in house who writes tunes for several shops all over the country using his laptop and software. We basically pull your stock ECM file and modify it then reload it in the truck. We can load up to 5 files in the truck then we wire in a 5 position switch to the ECM and install the switch on you dash s you have 5 different tunes to choose from while driving. For example #1 stock #2 Tow #3 Tow with turbo brake #4 mileage #5 hot rod

Let me know how the higher settings work on the Edge Evo, thats actually a real good tuner not offered any more.

im going to have to pad my wallet and come see you i Need better milage on my stock 06.

No problem! If you just need a good mileage/tow tune we load single tunes in the triucks for $250. Hi Flow Exhausts we sell for $289 and install is $89 a real good cold air intake is $269 with those three things you should see 3-4mpg and some good power gains. I really recommend the PCV re route on the 05 and up trucks, it gets rid of the oil thats in the intercooler and intercooler pipes plus allows the turbo to spin/spool better.

Edited by nwtdiesel

you have any goodies for the LML? the truck will not need to pass smog it is not a requirement in the state .

Oh yea we do :) If your in Vegas stop in and see us and we can go over some options. If your out of state we can do free shipping and call us 702-737-7333 ask for Newly or Mike. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

i stopped by to make a appointment for my 06 dmax today. very busy shop nice trucks all around. met newly and he stopped and personally talked to me. going to let them do some magic on it looking for a little better milage and if i get some more performance all the better.

(We seen gains of 6-8mpg on off road trucks. Give me a shout and i can go into more detail and prices, it doesnt cost that much to gain tons of mileage, reliability and power.)-----------

but you are saying this is for an off-road truck only and NOT a street legal epa compliant truck,

correct?

to keep epa legal in clark county, about what mileage gains

and cost in general?

• 2 weeks later...

i stopped by to make a appointment for my 06 dmax today. very busy shop nice trucks all around. met newly and he stopped and personally talked to me. going to let them do some magic on it looking for a little better milage and if i get some more performance all the better.

PM sent

(We seen gains of 6-8mpg on off road trucks. Give me a shout and i can go into more detail and prices, it doesnt cost that much to gain tons of mileage, reliability and power.)-----------

but you are saying this is for an off-road truck only and NOT a street legal epa compliant truck,

correct?

to keep epa legal in clark county, about what mileage gains

and cost in general?

To keep it EPA legal the truck needs to pretty much stay stock. We do have guys who remove the exhaust and run a tuner while they are out of town but when they come back to Vegas they just put all their stock parts back on to smog it and stay legal. Then when they go back out of town they remove it all. Believe it or not the truck is way more reliable with the exhaust gone, throttle pedal is amazing, EGTs drop 200-300 degrees, Mileage sky rockets and so on.

our $89 hr labor rate is tough to beat! We have a friendly knowledgeable staff of 7 waiting to serve Las Vegas! Thanks

I see you are asking an hourly rate for labor, great. Will you install equitment purchased elsewhere/online? and will the charge still be $89 an hour?

Also do you do Line-X?

I am shopping around at this time...Need a few things done before Dune Season starts. Thanks.

I see you are asking an hourly rate for labor, great. Will you install equitment purchased elsewhere/online? and will the charge still be $89 an hour?

Also do you do Line-X?

I am shopping around at this time...Need a few things done before Dune Season starts. Thanks.

Most any shop will and should have a hourly labor rate. We do not go by book time and we charge the customer for the hours we have into a job. For example if Ford book time to do head gaskets is 30 hours and we do it in 25 we just charge the 25 not the 30 Ford would charge plus our labor rate is much less.

Yes we will install parts purchased elsewhere but we can probably beat any price you find on line. $89 a hr is our rate no matter what. Shop with us and let us know what prices you found so we can beat it for you,