Toyhaulers/RV's in storage

Sincity_blondie

So Pete, is your hauler still on the street? Or did you go the storage route? :boxer: I remember you posted up that "notice" (ugly a$$ orange sticker on the Taj's window! :laughoff: ), and was wondering what you came up with....since this thread is about "toyhauler/RV's in storage" :flipoff:

Basically they cant do squat... it was a complaint from some surrounding neighbors and Parking enforcement put the stickers on there hoping that people would move their stuff but since there is no city code about parking a toyhauler on the street they cant do CHIT!!!

Basically they cant do squat... it was a complaint from some surrounding neighbors and Parking enforcement put the stickers on there hoping that people would move their stuff but since there is no city code about parking a toyhauler on the street they cant do CHIT!!!

The County Ordinance states:

"PARKING

Vehicles parked at a residence must be operable. Trailers, RV’s, campers and boats belonging to the property owner may be parked on his or her property but cannot obstruct public right-of-ways, sidewalks, streets or alleys or any sight zone.

Vehicles may be parked on a public street for up to 72 hours. They must be operable and have current plates and registration."

Since he's in Henderson...I'm not sure if County codes apply or not.

The County Ordinance states:

"PARKING

Vehicles parked at a residence must be operable. Trailers, RV’s, campers and boats belonging to the property owner may be parked on his or her property but cannot obstruct public right-of-ways, sidewalks, streets or alleys or any sight zone.

Vehicles may be parked on a public street for up to 72 hours. They must be operable and have current plates and registration."

Since he's in Henderson...I'm not sure if County codes apply or not.

Gerald, it doesn't matter what the law, code, etc says. My sister works for the city and she has told me that the way the code is written (very loosely), it will never hold up in court. So all they do is put warnings on them and hope for the best. She knows all the cops as well. I should be ok. :D

sorry Stacey... :laughoff::(

Gerald, it doesn't matter what the law, code, etc says. My sister works for the city and she has told me that the way the code is written (very loosely), it will never hold up in court. So all they do is put warnings on them and hope for the best. She knows all the cops as well. I should be ok. :D

sorry Stacey... :laughoff::(

I'm also sorry for being off topic.... post-475-1160060648.gif

....but I got a notice to appear in court if I didn't comply with a county ordinance of parking my rv on an unpaved surface. I actually paid to have a driveway poured to avoid going to jail or being fined if I wanted to park on my property. That's also why I said I wasn't sure if you're subject to county ordinances living in the City of Henderson; being that I don't actually live in any incorporated city I am. However, I did do a search on the NRS (Nevada Revised Statutes) and couldn't find any actual statute that states anything about 72hr parking on the street......only the county ordinance. :flipoff: That's probably why your sister stated that it wouldn't hold up. However, the statute does clearly state that HOA's are allowed to enforce rv parking rules if they choose.

:rant:

Ok, so I picked up my hauler yesterday from johnnie walker!!! IM NOT HAPPY!!!

sorry peeps gotta get this off my chest. SKYLINE SUCKS a$$!!!!! :idea::barf::thumb::finger:

after having my trailer for almost 2 months, and being shipped down to the manufactorer in CALI, they did a micky mouse a$$ job. im goin to write a letter to SKYLINE and let them know what I think about their job. ILL NEVER BUY SKYLINE AGAIN!!!!!!

ok so moving on. oh, and im far from over this yet.

next, go to take the hauler to storage last night, spaces are so small and tight no way in hell am I goin to ever be able to get it in the spot, probably not even out. ended up scrapping the rv next to me. and the rv on the other side of me, ran something along the whole side cause there is a hole all the way down the side and you can see the insulation. just what I wanna see next to mine.

not to mention, have no idea where im goin to fill up with water or dump, or charge for that matter.

and the spaces are soooooooo small I cant even open my door to get in and out. have to use my ramp door, which of course lets everyone see exactly what I have in my hauler.

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED AND STRESSED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, think it would really do me some good to have some "herbs" right about now. dont know what the hell im goin to do. :laughoff::bawl::flipoff::bawl::boxer::bawl::idiot:

oh yeah, looked for the switch to turn off batteries, couldnt find it, so hopefully someone can help me find it this weekend at the dunes, if I even go at this point.

Edited by Sincity_blondie

I'm also sorry for being off topic.... post-475-1160060648.gif

....but I got a notice to appear in court if I didn't comply with a county ordinance of parking my rv on an unpaved surface. I actually paid to have a driveway poured to avoid going to jail or being fined if I wanted to park on my property. That's also why I said I wasn't sure if you're subject to county ordinances living in the City of Henderson; being that I don't actually live in any incorporated city I am. However, I did do a search on the NRS (Nevada Revised Statutes) and couldn't find any actual statute that states anything about 72hr parking on the street......only the county ordinance. :dunno: That's probably why your sister stated that it wouldn't hold up. However, the statute does clearly state that HOA's are allowed to enforce rv parking rules if they choose.

I don't have an HOA...thank God! And the code they warn you with is a Henderson municiple code. :thumb:

:rant:

Ok, so I picked up my hauler yesterday from johnnie walker!!! IM NOT HAPPY!!!

sorry peeps gotta get this off my chest. SKYLINE SUCKS a$$!!!!! :finger::finger::finger::finger:

after having my trailer for almost 2 months, and being shipped down to the manufactorer in CALI, they did a micky mouse a$$ job. im goin to write a letter to SKYLINE and let them know what I think about their job. ILL NEVER BUY SKYLINE AGAIN!!!!!!

ok so moving on. oh, and im far from over this yet.

next, go to take the hauler to storage last night, spaces are so small and tight no way in hell am I goin to ever be able to get it in the spot, probably not even out. ended up scrapping the rv next to me. and the rv on the other side of me, ran something along the whole side cause there is a hole all the way down the side and you can see the insulation. just what I wanna see next to mine.

not to mention, have no idea where im goin to fill up with water or dump, or charge for that matter.

and the spaces are soooooooo small I cant even open my door to get in and out. have to use my ramp door, which of course lets everyone see exactly what I have in my hauler.

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED AND STRESSED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, think it would really do me some good to have some "herbs" right about now. dont know what the hell im goin to do. :banghead::bawl::banghead::bawl::banghead::bawl::banghead:

oh yeah, looked for the switch to turn off batteries, couldnt find it, so hopefully someone can help me find it this weekend at the dunes, if I even go at this point.

Damn Stacey. Sounds like you need to find a different storage facility. That one sounds wayyy too tight. Sorry about your trailer. That really sucks. Good thing for insurance.

You can fill your water up at my house if you feel like driving that way. Otherwise, you can check some of the places out that I posted under RV talk. Maybe some of them have a fesh water fullup station. Where did you dump and fill up before?

Just hold it together another day or two...the weekend is almost here. :rockwoot:

I can store things for a few days at my place if you guys need to for some reason. I d consider long term but I need to get rid of a few things. Wow, on all things talked about. I never heard the must be paved stipulation before. Yes the clark county codes apply in Henderson and so do city regs if any.

Dang...I'm glad I have room for mine at home.

Blondie...you are also welcome to fill your water at our place too....whatever is convienient for ya. :rockwoot:

FYI - if you dump at the gas station off the I-15 next to the speedway they have fresh water right there also.

Dang...I'm glad I have room for mine at home.

Blondie...you are also welcome to fill your water at our place too....whatever is convienient for ya. :rockwoot:

FYI - if you dump at the gas station off the I-15 next to the speedway they have fresh water right there also.

thanks gerald, appreciate that. might take you up on that, your up the street from where my hauler is currently I believe.

ive dumped at the I15 place before, on coral trips. im definately not liking my new storage procedures, ALOT more work than it used to be.

thanks gerald, appreciate that. might take you up on that, your up the street from where my hauler is currently I believe.

ive dumped at the I15 place before, on coral trips. im definately not liking my new storage procedures, ALOT more work than it used to be.

oh ok...i see how it is. No thanks to me for offerring mine up....ohhhhhh ookaaaaaay :banghead::banghead: j/k

I am pretty far from you anyways, I understand. :banghead::rockwoot:

Not a problem...there is one caveat though. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac......but it's a short street to back down or if you're setup is short enough you can turn around in the cul-de-sac. That's what I do...but then again I just keep backing into the drive instead of having to completely turn around. Ours is the one with a blue number 68 on the map below.

post-475-1160080727.jpg

That really sucks, sorry to hear all that mess, glad I don't have to worry about that stuff. You have less than 24 hours until your able to relax and have a good time with a bunch of friends. Hang in there, see ya tomorrow...Semper Fi, Woody :rockwoot:

oh ok...i see how it is. No thanks to me for offerring mine up....ohhhhhh ookaaaaaay :banghead::banghead: j/k

I am pretty far from you anyways, I understand. :banghead::rockwoot:

sorry pete, you knew you were to far away, so dont bust my chops!! been a ROUGH few weeks. its friggin 6 pm im still at work. did i mention i got here at 7:30, no lunch time, oh yeah, and i dont get paid overtime!!!!! :banghead:

BUT IM OFF TOMORROW!!!!!! got to much to get done to get to the dunes!!!