Tickets towing trailer

dinicolada

well hell, then where do i get one of these sitckers? :think:

pffft. My little s10 xtreem will not be making it to the glamis dirt, or even dumont for that matter. The ground effects are too low, and im so anal about it getting scratched up by pebbles and gravel kicking up on it. But It should work for the "in town" cops right? we live right outside of Pahrump off blue diamond so mabie they might cut me some slack there lol

Resident^blonde these stickers will work anywhere... California included... I did the Orange County to vegas trip in 3hr 15min and no cops even looked at me.. :D Kinda like that saying in fast and the furious... if your doing over 180km/hr they wont even bother chasing you.

I keep it at 60mph or under. To me, it's just not a race to get out there...I save the speed for the dunes, plus I know for a fact if 40 feet of trailer decides to get away from me, it's over and I almost always have my kids in the truck with me.

The only ticket I've ever gotten with the trailer attached was 4 years ago when I was coming up to the stop sign right outside Tecopa and Deputy Dog was hiding under that small cliff to the left. I looked in the mirror and saw the guy behind me wasn't going to get to a full stop so I rolled through the stop sign without coming to a "full stop" (I figure I was in CA). The guy behind me blew right through the sign, but I'm the one that got the ticket.

Was thinking about all that have gotten tickets for speeding going and coming throw California? Just curious sense I’m chicken and will not speed in California.

Hubby got a ticket this summer from the CHP doing 70mph on the 101 fwy on our way to Pismo. $410.00 ouch!! :thumb: Usually cruise about 60 on the way to Dumont and CHP passes us by. Have to get a running start at some of the big hills till I buy a bigger truck. :) We need stickers too.

Edited by sandqueen

stickers?????? did someone say stickers??????

the last time I went to dumont, my friend who went with me worked as a commercial driver. He told me to get behind the fastest bigrig, and put the cruise on, which I did.

we were doing aorund 62 mph, when a chp that was hiding on the other side of an offramp caught my eye in my sideview pulling off the dirt onto the road.

he flew past me, and got the truck!!!