Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone mounted a large flatscreen in their toyhauler? I have a 42" I was thinking of using in my trailer but it seems a bit too heavy to mount on the wall. I was thinking of getting a tripod TV stand and setting it up wherever. That way I could also use it outside when we watch supercross or UFC. Any other ideas or has anyone mounted one in their hauler?

Posted

I've thought of doing the same.

I think I've seen someone install the mount on the ramp and just take the tv off and place on a bed during transport or loading/unloading. Don't know if there's enough room with most drop down beds though

Posted

I mounted a 32" LED in my hauler. I remove it when driving and it's no real issue when parked.

the stud is just wood in there, and this TV is only a few pounds. I was considering using lag bolts and going all the way through the trailer but it wasn't needed for me. Mike has a HEAVY flat screen mounted to his wall and it's been fine for years. Also removed while driving.

Posted

The most solid place I could find was one of the cupboard doors towards the rear by the double queens. I just screwed the mount to the door with some 2x4 pieces of plywood behind the cupboard door to add more strength. We can still use the cupboard if needed. I just hang the TV on the mount that's screwed to the cupboard door while camping then pull the TV down while traveling or while in storage. Mines a 40" I believe. Ill post pics tomorrow.

Posted

I think you can find a mount that actually mounts to the ceiling (metal studs there) and it becomes a pull down/fold up with a support strap on it for safety.

Posted

My cabinet doors come loose and fall off on their own. No way I'm bolting a big a$$ TV to it to help it out. LOL Looks like it works for your setup though. That TV looks pretty light, This 42" I have is pretty heavy.

Posted

From a guy who mounts 100's of TVs a year. If I were to wall mount one I'd use a back plate. They sell them to mount on 12, and 16" stud centers. I usually try to hit Al least 2 vertical studs and use a snap toggle with ones I can't hit.

A good reference for mounts is www.mounts.com.

I can selling those at my cost for anyone interested.

I wouldn't use a Home Depot or lowes mount. Or even the the ones they sell at bestbuy. At least imho

Posted

I think you can find a mount that actually mounts to the ceiling (metal studs there) and it becomes a pull down/fold up with a support strap on it for safety.

I used to have one of those and mounted it to underneath my cupboards. I say "used to" because the f'ers that broke into my hauler removed it....with tools...so nice of them. With that being said, I really liked it, but with the size of tv, it wouldn't swing up all the way. I was thinking of putting a new one attached to my upper bunk in the rear and just run the cords when in use.

Posted (edited)

It's a TV not rocket science. Hang the sh*t and be done. No matter how you mount it your going to want to pull it down while driving.

Edited by nwtdiesel
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

If my kids tried to hang off our TV ill beat there a$$ and they know it. There is no room on my walls for a mount. The cupboard door was pretty much the only option unless I wanted to remove cabinets. Rite or wrong in your eyes its simple and works awesome.

Edited by nwtdiesel
Posted

It's a TV not rocket science. Hang the sh*t and be done. No matter how you mount it your going to want to pull it down while driving.

Asswipe! lol I know that. I was asking how people with LARGE TV's hung theirs up. Your isn't large. I know how to hang a TV, but when it comes to heavier and larger TVs and toyhaulers, it requires a little more engineering. I'm probably still going to pick up a tripod stand. That way I can use it inside or out.

  • Like 2
Posted

...... Your isn't large......

Now that's funny!

In our WW, I removed the tiny carousel and placed a backer on the wall this allowed a dual axis mount to be mounted while spreading the weight over 3 studs.

I'll post up some pictures in a day or so

  • Like 2
Posted

Ok, let's see if these post. The first thing is, I need to finish the edges somehow but....

I also decided to use a couple of straps to hold it in place when on the road

post-5248-0-44609700-1413061314_thumb.jp

post-5248-0-98755000-1413061316_thumb.jp

post-5248-0-70707100-1413061320_thumb.jp

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I mounted my 36/40ish size tv to the shelf that came with the TH where the old school big a$$ tv used to sit. I put the mount horizontal to the shelf and it folds down flat for the ride, then I just tilt it back up to watch tv.

also, I have no idea why my post is underlined :crackhead:

Edited by dune_rat
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted

Looks good, Craig. I might just have to go that route. Those new Vizios are great TVs and are super thin/ lightweight. I wish this extra TV I have weighed only 15 lbs. It's a bit heavier than that. Might just have to hang it in the garage instead. Thanks for the pics.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...