last trip to dumont...

got boost?

so as many of you know, my last trip to dumont was great untill sunday. The oil pressure sending unit on my brand new rail broke ...... puking oil all over the back of my rail. so i tow it back to camp and push it in the trailer. On the way home, i stop for fuel only to find out the gas pumps are out of service. So i venture on and run out of fuel about a mile from the next gas station. I finally get home that night and just call it a night. A day or two goes by and I remove the broken fitting from my rail and go down to the offroad shop. I tell em what I need and the the guy looks at me and says "why are you using an aluminum T fitting for the oil preesure sending gauges?" I respond with .. dunno, came with the car. He proceeds to tell me NEVER use these, 'cus they break. So he helps me out and i get the right fiitngs to do the repair. I go home happy and wanting to get ther buggy running. I install the part and go to start the buggy. Yup, you guessed it, it gets worse..... the crank is seized. At this point, i wanna blow my head off. I make a call to Suspenions Unlimited to let them know how i feel, (they built the buggy) I get passed around and finally end up talking to the general manager. I tell him the problem. His response.... i cannot tell you how sorry i am. We are going to pay for the shipping and all costs to have the motor repaired. I am shocked and don't know what to say. I pulled the engine last night and it is going out to the engine builder today. I was promised to have it back before the halloween trip :chev_bowtie: . Finally somebody i spent some money with is taking care of me. I will update to let you know what happens.

Damn, I can't believe that, John. The motor was SEIZED? :shocked2: :thumb:

Wow, I knew Cathi and John at SU already were good people, but now I am really impressed with them! That company REALLY takes care of people! :bowdown: SU!

Good luck. I hope you get it together for Halloween! :D

Holy Crap!! I didn't know that any company these days actually would stand by a product. I think I have wasted a few years of my life arguing with almost everybody that performs a service or I purchase something from. It just seems that everyone lies or doesn't care about you once you have spent your money and they will give you the runaround till you quit. THAT IS AWSOME I HAVE HEARD ALOT OF GREAT THINGS ABOUT SU AND THEY DESERVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THAT :thumb: :shocked2:

:bowdown:

so i got the motor shipped wensday and got it back today (tuesday morning). i called my motor builder to find out what happened..... looks like the t-fitting for the oil pressure sending units failed, and on the way down comp hill off the gas, it caused the crankcase to develop a vacuum on the block not alowing the crank to be oiled as needed. end result = completly seized #1 rod and wasted the crank, as well as damaging all four piston skirts. I got the motor in and have only a few things left before i can fire it up. So if everything is ok, i'll be on the hunt for some V8's this weekend :D