DDR updates coming for the season ahead

dunefreak

I figure this might be a good time to announce the site will be getting some much needed updates over the next few weeks. Reason I say this now is because the site may or may not be down from time to time. So if things look funny or aren't working properly, just bear with us. There will be a bunch of things to move around and update with the database & server.

Things to come

• DDR will be 100% mobile friendly. All pages of the site will be accessible and easier to navigate from your phone or tablet. All the features of the desktop site should work just as easy from a mobile device.
  • All new look & styling
  • Product and shop review section

Plus I have a bunch more ideas and things to implement once the new site is up. So stay tuned and be patient with us over the next couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sorry about that. The new software got rid of the user names and retained the display names. That is what you use to log in now. Hope this doesn't cause too much confusion. 

You can also log in with your email address though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ynot said:

Unread Content (View New Posts) link  is what I look for first, that would be great to have back.

It was never gone. It just wasn't in the top nav bar.

I have since added it to the top. Don't you see it?

I just updated another way of browsing the new posts. Normally you'd have to click the little tiny icon on the latest posts to be brought directly to the newest post. Otherwise it would bring you to the top of the topic and you'd have to scroll down.

I installed a plugin that brings you straight to the first unread post in the topic. I have no way of testing it until more people post up though. LOL

Well that didn't work. Back to the drawing board. It's stupid crap that this that eats up my time but I want it to work right damn it! :laughing:

1 minute ago, nas6car said:

looking good Pete

Thanks Clark! We're getting there. 

Looking good! I dig the new timeline on the left. I liked how the unread content stayed in the new post area just was not in bold before. That may just be me but it was much easier to revisit a topic without having to find which forum it was posted in before. YOU asked for suggestions :beerpint:

How's this? I made the new posts button default to all new posts whether they are read or not like raspadoo suggested. I think that's a good idea.

If you want to see only the stuff that you haven't read, click the little unread content link just below the orange buggy (also at the bottom right corner of the site). 

Would that work best? You can always create your own custom filtered stream in the Activity tab, but that custom button will be in the Activity drop down menu. Just trying to make this work for everyone. Let me know. :thumb:

unread.jpg

• Like 2