Halloween Trip Report

HappyHour

uhhhhhh NO. :redhat:

I am gonna beef up the front end. A rhino won't do what I like to do...dune fast. :finger:

I like the look on your face when we flew past you in your Rhino in the dunes when we were on a buggy ride on Friday. :ninja:

:finger::finger::boxer::boxer::finger: :fro: :thumbsdown::blink: :redhat: :beercheers:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultralite pilot is alive, but pretty busted up as mentioned above. Broken legs, pelvis, etc.. He was in a friends camp, just bought that new ultralite this week and was excited to take it out for it's first flight this weekend.

Other than that a good time all around!!

"I would like to wish a HUGE thank you to each and everyone of you guys for: helping out stranded duners"

Thats about all i did this weekend, drink beer, take shots, and pull people out of entrance to comp. Since we park very near to there, i was busy ;)

Comp hill thursday night was wayyyyy to many quads, friday got alittle better, Sat was just flat out insane, Never seen it get so crazy. Got alot of it on film.

"I would like to wish a HUGE thank you to each and everyone of you guys for: helping out stranded duners"

Thats about all i did this weekend, drink beer, take shots, and pull people out of entrance to comp. Since we park very near to there, i was busy ;)

Gerrit you saw me drive past you and say hi near vendor row right? You were hooking up to a stcuk truck. I wasn't sure if you saw and recognized me or not.

Are you talking about the cheese sauce in the green crock pot?

I think that was it!! :laughoff: I had some on my chili burger(s) and it turned my chili burger into the best burger that I ever had!

Edited by scott

Ya, i saw you.. That guy i pulled out, not but 30 mins later i saw him stuck again, another dude was helping him. He camped at the camp right next to mine, and when he left sat, he got stuck again....I got some pics on sat night with a white truck like yours pete with a buncha people in it. Where on row 2 and the very end with my cousin shinning bright a$$ lights at people.

I think that was it!! :laughoff: I had some on my chili burger(s) and it turned my chili burger into the best burger that I ever had!

Thank you for the compliment. No big mystery just 2 blocks velveeta cheese with 2 cans chili with beans and 1 can chili with no beans. Melt in crock pot and poof nachos and chili cheese burgers. Add some beer and you have the perfect meal. :D

Hell yeah...I did the same! :dunno::laughoff::laughoff:

Thank you for the compliment. No big mystery just 2 blocks velveeta cheese with 2 cans chili with beans and 1 can chili with no beans. Melt in crock pot and poof nachos and chili cheese burgers. Add some beer and you have the perfect meal. :D

I'll have to do that! That was awesome! Thanks, Michelle! :laughoff:

Ya, i saw you.. That guy i pulled out, not but 30 mins later i saw him stuck again, another dude was helping him. He camped at the camp right next to mine, and when he left sat, he got stuck again....I got some pics on sat night with a white truck like yours pete with a buncha people in it. Where on row 2 and the very end with my cousin shinning bright a$$ lights at people.

:laughoff: Damn that guy didn't learn huh? :laughoff:

Thanks pete, and all the DDR gang, we had great time as always the food saturday night was unbelievable. I wanted to spend more time with everyone but I had some friends decide to come along last minute and felt I had to entertain them. I saw you guys picking up trash when I was towing back the 2nd quad my son had broke, I hauled A$$ back out there to help but everyone was gone.(feel bad should of just stopped right then and there) Sounds like it was an expensive weekend for alot of people (rough dunes causing alot of broken parts). Again thanks to everyone out there my family and friends are amazed at the size of the group and how nice and generous everyone is......see you all real soon Mike

Thanks pete, and all the DDR gang, we had great time as always the food saturday night was unbelievable. I wanted to spend more time with everyone but I had some friends decide to come along last minute and felt I had to entertain them. I saw you guys picking up trash when I was towing back the 2nd quad my son had broke, I hauled A$$ back out there to help but everyone was gone.(feel bad should of just stopped right then and there) Sounds like it was an expensive weekend for alot of people (rough dunes causing alot of broken parts). Again thanks to everyone out there my family and friends are amazed at the size of the group and how nice and generous everyone is......see you all real soon Mike

It was great having you, Mike. Good times were had! :laughoff: I'm looking forward to many more trips to hang out and go on some rides with you and everyone else. :laughoff:

And I agree, there was ALOT of breakage this weekend. We helped alot of people in the dunes and alot of people helped us.

Thanks!!! I especially like the fact that it is easy. Then I wont get shot when I demand it with the next chili run! Actually, now that you mention it, Nachos sound great with your cheese.. I will have to call it the "Sandqueen cheese sauce". Thanks again for sharing. I am looking forward to having that again sooner rather than later. It was really good.

As was everything else of course!

We had a great time....even though we broke. Twice. Rebuilt the axle seal and went out a few more times. Doghouse repair ROCKS!!! :think: I even had a chance to finally get out to the south pole....nice and wide open. :dunno: It didn't last very long though. My bro-in-law broke so I pulled him in. Saturday night I guess it was my turn. Some dude in a rhino, not paying attention, almost ran smack into me at comp that night; backwards. :blink: I dumped the clutch to get outta the way and broke something. :laughoff: My bad...shoulda just let him hit me. :ninja: I'm hoping it's just the clutch.

Thanks for the ride Pete...your rail cooks. :laughoff: ...and thanks for loaning me that bad a$$ jack OGP.

Midnight's buddy must be part hound dog....I have no idea how he found a lost receiver pin hundreds of yards from camp. :laughoff:

Can't wait to do it again. :laughoff:

I had a decent time... considering the fact that our only running quad blew up :( .... Thank you everybody who tried to find some Amsoil... Wish I could have stayed longer for the pot luck, but as soon as I went back to camp I got drunk and then we went out to comp hill needless to say i was out of it lol... It was cool being able to put some faces to the names on here.

We had a great time....even though we broke. Twice. Rebuilt the axle seal and went out a few more times. Doghouse repair ROCKS!!! :dunno: I even had a chance to finally get out to the south pole....nice and wide open. :finger: It didn't last very long though. My bro-in-law broke so I pulled him in. Saturday night I guess it was my turn. Some dude in a rhino, not paying attention, almost ran smack into me at comp that night; backwards. :slap: I dumped the clutch to get outta the way and broke something. :dunno: My bad...shoulda just let him hit me. :thumb: I'm hoping it's just the clutch.

Thanks for the ride Pete...your rail cooks. :blury: ...and thanks for loaning me that bad a$$ jack OGP.

Midnight's buddy must be part hound dog....I have no idea how he found a lost receiver pin hundreds of yards from camp. :grin:

Can't wait to do it again. :thumbsdown:

If you dumped the clutch in reverse, I would be 95% sure you are going to need a rebuild.

If you dumped the clutch in reverse, I would be 95% sure you are going to need a rebuild.

It was in first. I dumped the clutch to move quickly (because the traffic jam just got outta the way in time) and it made an nasty noise. It barely moved in first and a little better in second. I was able to move about 50 yards to get outta the way and decided not to run it anymore not wanting more damage. It felt like it was slipping really bad and it sounded like something was flying around in the flywheel area. I definately didn't have full power....but could've drove it most of the way back if I was stranded :thumbsdown:

Any thoughts?