dumont, how it was!

BAD SS

Here is how it used to be, you judged your speed in the flats by the crowd. you would look at your rear tires and if your paddles were throwing dirt you slowed down, if you were driving and leaving a dust trail and the wind was blowing it towards someones camp you would slow down.

used to be hardly anyone had paddles, we would take tires that were bald and put them on front and cut groves in the tires for the rear, everyone used to b*tch if you had paddles cause they roosed dirt to much.

any way you would putt threw the dirt {where everyone camps] and as soon as you would hit the fingers you would haul a$$ cause hauling a$$ in the sand doesn't make dust. back then you avoided the dirt area for two reasons, one, it was full of nails from burn'n paletts, and two, it would loosen up the dirt and make it easyer to get stuck. when you would haul a$$ on the fingers heading out to the dune everyone was cool with it I fact that where they wanted you to do it, people with young kids used to camp down in the canyon and let their kids ride their little fiftys on the hard dirt,

I my self have a sand rail, doing it the same as I all ways have, i putted thru the dirt and got on the sand {the fingers] and haaul a$$. took all of about 2seconds ot figure out that that wasn't going to work. I figured WTF are these people doing? they are camped right on the dunes!!! but hey, they were all there and a pretty good chance they were staying. so I said OK, they were here first I'll just go a different waycoming back, which I did.

now everyone parked their campers on the way out of the dunes right in the middle of the road, you had to go thru this maze of caution tape to get to your camp. when I finally made it to venders row. WTF i'm going as to not throw dirt on the venders and get roosted by quads passing me.

I have yet to hear any one say look at that guy doing wheelies right by my trailer, isn't he cool

anyway I think the finger deal has changed, it's kinda like the lake. you find this bad a$$ long finger cove that you want to fish in and as you pull in you see ski boats going back and forth, you don't drop ancor right in the middle and think you are in the right [even though you have the right}

same as if you want to ski in there and there is guys fishing there all ready, they can't make you not ski there but because they were there first the law says you must stay a certian distance away

I think the finger deal {all though I don't agree] has become a wake less area if you will, and being there are children there, they will grow up saying this is how its done.

being an older father my hats off to all you younger dads that are spending time with your familys,

and if the fingers are now a childerens play area, I say let'um play, put up your cones to keep the young ones in, but get rid of the rebar>

Here is how it used to be, you judged your speed in the flats by the crowd. you would look at your rear tires and if your paddles were throwing dirt you slowed down, if you were driving and leaving a dust trail and the wind was blowing it towards someones camp you would slow down.

used to be hardly anyone had paddles, we would take tires that were bald and put them on front and cut groves in the tires for the rear, everyone used to b*tch if you had paddles cause they roosed dirt to much.

any way you would putt threw the dirt {where everyone camps] and as soon as you would hit the fingers you would haul a$$ cause hauling a$$ in the sand doesn't make dust. back then you avoided the dirt area for two reasons, one, it was full of nails from burn'n paletts, and two, it would loosen up the dirt and make it easyer to get stuck. when you would haul a$$ on the fingers heading out to the dune everyone was cool with it I fact that where they wanted you to do it, people with young kids used to camp down in the canyon and let their kids ride their little fiftys on the hard dirt,

I my self have a sand rail, doing it the same as I all ways have, i putted thru the dirt and got on the sand {the fingers] and haaul a$$. took all of about 2seconds ot figure out that that wasn't going to work. I figured WTF are these people doing? they are camped right on the dunes!!! but hey, they were all there and a pretty good chance they were staying. so I said OK, they were here first I'll just go a different waycoming back, which I did.

now everyone parked their campers on the way out of the dunes right in the middle of the road, you had to go thru this maze of caution tape to get to your camp. when I finally made it to venders row. WTF i'm going as to not throw dirt on the venders and get roosted by quads passing me.

I have yet to hear any one say look at that guy doing wheelies right by my trailer, isn't he cool

anyway I think the finger deal has changed, it's kinda like the lake. you find this bad a$$ long finger cove that you want to fish in and as you pull in you see ski boats going back and forth, you don't drop ancor right in the middle and think you are in the right [even though you have the right}

same as if you want to ski in there and there is guys fishing there all ready, they can't make you not ski there but because they were there first the law says you must stay a certian distance away

I think the finger deal {all though I don't agree] has become a wake less area if you will, and being there are children there, they will grow up saying this is how its done.

being an older father my hats off to all you younger dads that are spending time with your familys,

and if the fingers are now a childerens play area, I say let'um play, put up your cones to keep the young ones in, but get rid of the rebar>

WELL PUT ELOQUENT MY HATS OFF TO YOU :finger::laughoff:

I posted what i did to show the evolution of sand duners, back then we did the best we could with what we had to work with and thats the way it was, now is the way it IS and it'll never go back to the way it WAS! so lets do the same, lets do the best we can with what we have to work with, sure there is grow'n pains as more and more people come out, but hey lets make the best of it and lets have fun doing it!!!

one more thing, lets say you have a four year old, and you decide to let him do laps around the camp, doesn't take long before they're pinning the throttle, man look at him go!!! he can allmost do a wheelie and watch him throw his weight in the turns, damm he's good!!!

at what age do you wave the magic wand and tell him he can't go fast around the camp???

^^ :loser::loser:

anyyyways...

I posted what i did to show the evolution of sand duners, back then we did the best we could with what we had to work with and thats the way it was, now is the way it IS and it'll never go back to the way it WAS! so lets do the same, lets do the best we can with what we have to work with, sure there is grow'n pains as more and more people come out, but hey lets make the best of it and lets have fun doing it!!!

one more thing, lets say you have a four year old, and you decide to let him do laps around the camp, doesn't take long before they're pinning the throttle, man look at him go!!! he can allmost do a wheelie and watch him throw his weight in the turns, damm he's good!!!

at what age do you wave the magic wand and tell him he can't go fast around the camp???

Times change..it sucks, but it's gonna happen. Like you said, we can only try and make the best of it and have fun doing it. :laughoff::laughoff: