Meeting in Tecopa to close OHV trails

Some local environmentalists have slated a meeting with the head of BLM in the Tecopa area and county officials with local law enforcement to get rid of any trails out of Dumont and any trails leading to Tecopa or the surrounding area. If off-roaders don't show up they WILL get rid of the trails. The powers have been there all weekend driving around looking at the trails. The county has submitted paperwork to take the roads and trails from BLM and close them to ALL traffic. A local official of Tecopa said they want ALL OHV traffic banned on any road or trail. The official word is if it is not specifically marked an open route it is closed to ALL vehicles. They are asking for maximum enforcement. There needs to be more voices than just Susan Sorrell who is actively meeting with congress to have the entire area turned into a national monument.

Voices need to be heard at this meeting or the trails around Tecopa AND surrounding Dumont will be closed. The meeting is being called by the local fire dept chief, local sheriff, the largest local land owner, the woman who owns Shoshone and the county yard, post office and sheriff dept buildings that she leases to them. So Basically the county and sheriff departments land lord is telling them to stop OHV and they have to have a meeting to be legal. Its just a formality so they can do what they want unless other voices are there to counter there unanimous vote.

I cannot make the meeting but I want to make this aware to the community in hopes some others might be able to show up. This impacts all of us!

Meeting time and date: Oct 23, 2019 / 5PM-8PM. 

Directions: Tecopa Community Center, 400 Tecopa Hot Springs Rd, Tecopa, CA 92389

I'm not seeing any response on this end....Have I missed something? I can't believe that there isn't a thousand people that use these trails and want to at the least contribute their opinion to keep our trails open. If this closure is allowed it can't be overturned. We need to stand up and be the voice to keep all OHV open in every state across our Country.

Am I the only one that wants to fight for our right to Ride?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I would love to go, but slammed with work. By the time I got there the meeting would be over. Is there another way to be heard? I would be there in a heart beat if it was in barstow, but so would others and thats probably why its out there.

But I will try!🤬 

4 hours ago, Sandrift3 said:

I would love to go, but slammed with work. By the time I got there the meeting would be over. Is there another way to be heard? I would be there in a heart beat if it was in barstow, but so would others and thats probably why its out there.

But I will try!🤬 

And I have to work starting at 8 pm. They did this weekday meeting hoping people couldn't come on purpose. The residents of Tecopa don't own the land around them. BLM land is all of ours. Not theirs exclusively. 

I'm calling BLM. This is too important to be decided on spur of the moment with short notice.

With some notice we could fill that building with people from Pahrump and easily outnumber Tecopa

• Like 1

I will check the BLM Website to see if there is away to comment. If we don't get our opposition to this it will happen in all of our communities. How many people will it take for the BLM to take note and leave things as they are. Tecopa residents can change the rules for their streets......Leave our Trails Alone....…..

• 2 weeks later...