Thanksgiving weekend potluck

crawlinxj

I went over to the MC FLURYS last t/day and they had deep fried like 3 or 4 turkeys it was awsome..I was wondering if anyone had a turkry fryer...I think that would be awsome..I have never deep fried a turkey but I would be willing to donate $$$$$$$ to anyone interested w/ a fryer and any help I could offer in hookin that up.... :freakin_nuts:

btw I cant cook for sh*t..but will help anyway I can or you need

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went over to the MC FLURYS last t/day and they had deep fried like 3 or 4 turkeys it was awsome..I was wondering if anyone had a turkry fryer...I think that would be awsome..I have never deep fried a turkey but I would be willing to donate $$$$$$$ to anyone interested w/ a fryer and any help I could offer in hookin that up.... :mc_smiley:

:shocked2:

sikkbanshee Dave is bringing one out, but I am thinking we will need at least one or two more with all our fatness gettin in on that. :freakin_nuts: :laughing:

So is riding in the dunes. :think::blink:

:bs:

NOT THE WAY I RIDE!! :redhat: :redhat: :redhat: :laughing:

Stacey, maybe Google it and we can figure it out. We'll be safe about it though and wear helmets while using the deep fryer. :ninja::blink: :redhat:

:redhat: :redhat: all about the love here on DDR!!! even for thanksgiving!! :grin:

how much oil do those things take? Ill bring a turkey and oil if someone wants to cook the turkey? I dont know anything about those things, I heard they are kinda dangerous?

I usually put the turkey in and fill it with water...then take the turkey back out. That tells me exactly how much oil to put into it. I usually buy one of those big (2.5 gal :blink: I think) jugs of oil......

I have put too much oil in before and that's when it gets a little hairy. :laughing:

:redhat:

NOT THE WAY I RIDE!! :blink::grin: :redhat: :laughing:

:redhat: :redhat: all about the love here on DDR!!! even for thanksgiving!! :blink:

It is a little dangerous to those that follow....

As far as deep frying that turkey....I have done dozens and have it down to a science. However I won't be there and would be happy to provide another set up minus the propane...and instructions to whomever want to give it a try. Deep fried turkey is out of this world.

It is a little dangerous to those that follow....

As far as deep frying that turkey....I have done dozens and have it down to a science. However I won't be there and would be happy to provide another set up minus the propane...and instructions to whomever want to give it a try. Deep fried turkey is out of this world.

you guys arent coming out for thanksgiving gerald? :(

send me a pm with the info if you would please. ill get with ya if we wanna borrow your setup! thanks

Ok i will throw mine in the trailer too. i have done 6 or 7 of them its not that hard. i even have some diffent injection maranaids too i will bring. so some one will have to bring a 2.5 gallon jug of oil. i think you can get it at smart and final if you guys have one out there :laughing:

you guys arent coming out for thanksgiving gerald? :(

send me a pm with the info if you would please. ill get with ya if we wanna borrow your setup! thanks

No.....big family reunion in L.A. I'll be thinking of Dumont when I pass through Baker. :blink:

As far as info on cooking, that website is right on the money. :laughing:

Using the candy thermometer to determine temperature, heat the oil to about 325°F and no higher than 350°F.

^^^^^^^that is the most important part.....I usually take it up to around 360°F because when you first put the turkey in there is a big drop in temp......oh...and peanut oil was not a good experience. I blackened the turkey on the outside.

No.....big family reunion in L.A. I'll be thinking of Dumont when I pass through Baker. :blink:

As far as info on cooking, that website is right on the money. :laughing:

^^^^^^^that is the most important part.....I usually take it up to around 360°F because when you first put the turkey in there is a big drop in temp......oh...and peanut oil was not a good experience. I blackened the turkey on the outside.

ok so what kinda oil do you suggest ?

I've always used peanut oil with no problems. That's just me though.

I must have done something wrong then. It came out blackened and we decided to go out for food. However when we returned home and cut it open....it was good inside. I wonder if it was the rub I used??????

I must have done something wrong then. It came out blackened and we decided to go out for food. However when we returned home and cut it open....it was good inside. I wonder if it was the rub I used??????

If you use any kind of sugars in your rub they burn quickly.

I went over to the MC FLURYS last t/day and they had deep fried like 3 or 4 turkeys it was awsome..I was wondering if anyone had a turkry fryer...I think that would be awsome..I have never deep fried a turkey but I would be willing to donate $$$$$$$ to anyone interested w/ a fryer and any help I could offer in hookin that up.... :beerpint:

I GUESS BLONDIE HAS GOT IT COVERED :beerpint:

:beerpint:

sikkbanshee Dave is bringing one out, but I am thinking we will need at least one or two more with all our fatness gettin in on that. :beerpint::beerpint:

ive done it for the last 2-3 years.. i got the whole setup... itz pretty ez and i got it down to a "T" since i do it for t-day and xmas..