Anyone know what happened?

dunefreak

Sorry for the confusion of my last post. I meant just like Dunefreak said....its sucks that anyone should die like that......IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN! I've heard a handfull of accounts of people dying from wormtracks. I remember about 2 years ago, 2 kids riding on quad (I know that's wrong), crashed and died that way. Some things just can't be avoided....fate....but no excuses for this to happen. Once again, sorry for any confusion or any hard feelings. :hello:

Edited by foolofsand

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the confusion of my last post. I meant just like Dunefreak said....its sucks that anyone should die like that......IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN! I've heard a handfull of accounts of people dying from wormtracks. I remember about 2 years ago, 2 kids riding on quad (I know that's wrong), crashed and died that way. Some things just can't be avoided....fate....but no excuses for this to happen. Once again, sorry for any confusion or any hard feelings. :hello:

No hard feelings whatsoever...i took it as the bomb was saying it couldnt happen not that it sucked that it does...my bad peeps :thumb:

experiance or not alcohol or not its tragic our hearts go out to the family! those worm holes suck i just cant beleve people just haul a$$ without knowing where there going, for instance would you race down a dirt road you have never been on? especally at night! personally i putt one way and race back in unfamiliar areas, some may say he wasnt going that fast but ive been riding a long time and have never seen someone flip a quad and subtain that much damage from 10-15mph, and no one deserves that!

You just never know. It could happen. I've heard about rails rolling at really slow speeds.

JUST A LITTLE STORY,

MANY YEARS AGO A 10 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY HIS FATHER, BROTHER AND SISTER OUT DOING A LITTLE DESERT RIDDING OUTSIDE OF SEARCHLIGHT, NV. THE BOY JUST GOES UP OVER A SMALL HILL, THAT WAS IT, DOWN A 300 FT. MINE SHAFT. AS FAR AS I KNOW THE BOY AND HIS BIKE REMAIN THERE TODAY.

YES IT IS A TRUE STORY.

LIFE IS IN A WAY LIKE THAT, YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN FROM ONE MINUTE TO THE NEXT. SO LIVE YOUR LIFE AS HAPPY AND SAFE AS POSSIBLE, THERE MAY NOT BE A TOMMAROW.

LIFE HAS NO GURANTEE'S.

Army Navy store sells those little folding shovels. I think I'll bring that

on rides from now on. Gotta leave it like I found it right :laughing:

Hell we could always rename them kiddie tracks to Iwasn'twatchingwhereIwasgoingdeathtraptracks :surrender:

first off, welcome to the forum! :D :surrender:

As for speeding near camps, I think people should be courteous and also obey the speed limit of 15 mph near any camp while riding on the flats. BUT, what about weekends like the picture below when there are only a handful of people out there? Are you gonna go 15 mph across the flats to get to the dunes when you are thousands of yards away from them?

post-3-1163975819.jpg

Yes, you have to be very careful because of the firepits, but those are nothing compared to those huge berms that blend in with with the sand. All people have to do is make them a little less dangerous by grabbing a shovel and smooth them out a bit after the kids are done riding and they are packing up to go home. If people did this along with trying to pay a little more attention while riding the flats, we would't be talking about this right now because nobody would die from accidents caused by them.

From my point of view and experience. I would take my first ride from the point in your picture to the dunes slow because I don't know what's there...kiddie track or whatever else. So it takes me an extra minute but the next ride or even coming back from my first ride I know what to expect. :blury:

*Wow some of my posts are getting deleted now too* :laughing::dunno:

Edited by TeeDuner

*Wow some of my posts are getting deleted now too* :surrender: :blury:

It wasn't deleted, but only set invisible by a mod. It's back up now. :shake:

We could beat this thread into the ground with "I would do this or you should do that". Let's just take extra caution next time on the flats...speeding or not. :dunno::laughing:

It wasn't deleted, but only set invisible by a mod. It's back up now. :shake:

We could beat this thread into the ground with "I would do this or you should do that". Let's just take extra caution next time on the flats...speeding or not. :dunno::laughing:

Ok, agreed. :surrender: :blury: