Got My New Trailer, also!

RRC

Nice! :D Hopefully your fuel station lasts longer than Don29Palms'. :( His went out first trip (last weekend).

For it to go out implies that it worked first. Mine didn't work at all. :cripple: So much for the $350 P.D.I. (predelivery inspection) :fatdance:

So much for the $350 P.D.I. (predelivery inspection) :smoker:

:blury: Sorry Don that you misunderstood what the dealer meant by PDI. You thought it was the pre delivery inspection… correct?? In this case I think it stood for Pizza Delivered Inside… You just bought everyone lunch… :happydrunks:

:finger: Sorry Don that you misunderstood what the dealer meant by PDI. You thought it was the pre delivery inspection… correct?? In this case I think it stood for Pizza Delivered Inside… You just bought everyone lunch… :blury:

dayummmm :slap: :shoot: :shoot:

This thread has officially been hijacked now! :smoker: :happydrunks:

:coocoo::thumb::think::offtopic::offtopic:

I thought my trailer was big. That is beautiful. Enjoy it!

Yeah like I said earlier That is a beautiful rig. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Even with the little problems with mine I like it very much. :dance:

Edited by Don29palms

Nice! :D Hopefully your fuel station lasts longer than Don29Palms'. :( His went out first trip (last weekend).

I have seen instances in a couple of different manufacturers trailers where the ground for the fuel station was insufficient. Or it was off completely. Sometimes the crimp is no good, sometimes too much paint, sometimes just loose. I have seen Warriors, Tahoe's, and Rage'n with like problems. You would be suprised how cheaply some of these trailers are built where your eyes can't see.

When I bought my trailer last year, the fuel station pump worked when I left the lot and when I got to Utah for some trail riding, it stopped working. I checked everything, it had power, no blown fuses, nothing. I took it Johnnie Walker to get it fixed, they put a new one on and pumped about five gallons through it with no problems. Ten minutes later, I go to hook it up and just thought I better check it again. Nothing! same symptoms as before, had power but wouldn't pump. I went back in a through a fit with the service writer, they went back out and put a third one on. Fired right up, pumped five gallons through it again, no problems. So I went back to get it hooked up again, and did the pump test agian right before I hooked it up and NOTHING! this time I went in to the main office and politely asked for the manager, got one of the Walker sons, and ripped him a new A hole. I sat in his office and asked why I just paid 26K for a trailer that couldn't pump 5 gallons of gas without burning up a pump. he immediately called up the makers of the Attitude trailer I bought, and finally got to the bottom of it. The manufacturer that made the pumps for them had recently changed plastic manufacturers, and the plastic gears inside the pumps, when they would get gas on them, would swell up, bind the gears, and burn the motors out. They said this was the 20th or so trailer that has had problems in the last week and they were working on it. They told Mr. Walker that they could get me a new pump in a couple of weeks when they got there new batch in and that was it. I was like, F that, I am going to the dunes tomorrow so either you get me a pump that works or you will get a new trailer. Mr. Walker then put me on the phone with the VP of sales at Attitude, and I proceeded to tell him what I thought. He was not amused by my antics, but promised me it would be taken care of. Yeah right!

Instead of waiting for a new pump, the GREAT staff at Johnnie Walker pulled a brand new unit off of another brand of Toy Hauler with no known problems, and retrofitted it to my trailer. This pump has served me well. Mr. Walker, instead of having me walk out the door empty handed, wrote me a check for $100.00 for my troubles and wasted fuel for bringing my trailer back so many times for the same problem, and told me if I had anymore problems to let him know personally. My hats off to Johnnie Walker R.V. for solving a problem in less than one day that a multi-millionn dollar RV company couldn't for two weeks.

Edited by AlligatorP

When I bought my trailer last year, the fuel station pump worked when I left the lot and when I got to Utah for some trail riding, it stopped working. I checked everything, it had power, no blown fuses, nothing. I took it Johnnie Walker to get it fixed, they put a new one on and pumped about five gallons through it with no problems. Ten minutes later, I go to hook it up and just thought I better check it again. Nothing! same symptoms as before, had power but wouldn't pump. I went back in a through a fit with the service writer, they went back out and put a third one on. Fired right up, pumped five gallons through it again, no problems. So I went back to get it hooked up again, and did the pump test agian right before I hooked it up and NOTHING! this time I went in to the main office and politely asked for the manager, got one of the Walker sons, and ripped him a new A hole. I sat in his office and asked why I just paid 26K for a trailer that couldn't pump 5 gallons of gas without burning up a pump. he immediately called up the makers of the Attitude trailer I bought, and finally got to the bottom of it. The manufacturer that made the pumps for them had recently changed plastic manufacturers, and the plastic gears inside the pumps, when they would get gas on them, would swell up, bind the gears, and burn the motors out. They said this was the 20th or so trailer that has had problems in the last week and they were working on it. They told Mr. Walker that they could get me a new pump in a couple of weeks when they got there new batch in and that was it. I was like, F that, I am going to the dunes tomorrow so either you get me a pump that works or you will get a new trailer. Mr. Walker then put me on the phone with the VP of sales at Attitude, and I proceeded to tell him what I thought. He was not amused by my antics, but promised me it would be taken care of. Yeah right!

Instead of waiting for a new pump, the GREAT staff at Johnnie Walker pulled a brand new unit off of another brand of Toy Hauler with no known problems, and retrofitted it to my trailer. This pump has served me well. Mr. Walker, instead of having me walk out the door empty handed, wrote me a check for $100.00 for my troubles and wasted fuel for bringing my trailer back so many times for the same problem, and told me if I had anymore problems to let him know personally. My hats off to Johnnie Walker R.V. for solving a problem in less than one day that a multi-millionn dollar RV company couldn't for two weeks.

WW was having the same problem about a year ago too.

our friends pump went out over thanksgiving last year @ pismo, and the guys from bakersfield @ venture out sent a service tech 150 miles, onto the beach, install in the sand, and all was good. plus, we got him all liquored up, and sent him on his way :headbang1:

Sweet! :D

Did you wanna get your thread back after it was hi-jacked by talk about crappy fuel stations? :laughoff:

my neighbors bought a new sandpiper trailer same thing fuel pump fried........ :think: :fro:

true but the hijak is :dance: :jester: :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Edited by barefoot bob

As for the hijack topic Eclipse RV (attitude) is not into spending a dime on fixing things unless you really are up their A$$. Nice trailers not so nice customer service. :laughoff: