My Rant

I want to know why all the people here are so full of ideas and sugestions but nobody can take the time to write a letter to the TRTc/o the Barstow BLM, let alone show up at a meeting. Don't tell me its to far I drive 300 miles round trip to go to the meetings, and use vacation days to do it. :dunno::think:

I want to know why all the people here are so full of ideas and sugestions but nobody can take the time to write a letter to the TRTc/o the Barstow BLM, let alone show up at a meeting. Don't tell me its to far I drive 300 miles round trip to go to the meetings, and use vacation days to do it. :dunno::dunno:

Well I do everything in my power to help the situations at Dumont. We spend over an hour of our own time cleaning up comp hill on our last day at Dumont on a trip and I have gotten involved anyway I can. I do wish I could make a meeting, but there is no way possible to make it when it is on a TUESDAY. :blink: My job won't allow me to take off in the middle of the week like that.

What kind of letters would help the situations? I haven't heard of any suggestions that would help anything so far. What are they?

My rant is that FoDD and the TRT want our help, but don't tell us exactly what is needed from us, the duners. :think: Many people have signed up with FoDD and have done there part.

Well I do everything in my power to help the situations at Dumont. We spend over an hour of our own time cleaning up comp hill on our last day at Dumont on a trip and I have gotten involved anyway I can. I do wish I could make a meeting, but there is no way possible to make it when it is on a TUESDAY. :think: My job won't allow me to take off in the middle of the week like that.

What kind of letters would help the situations? I haven't heard of any suggestions that would help anything so far. What are they?

My rant is that FoDD and the TRT want our help, but don't tell us exactly what is needed from us, the duners. :dunno: Many people have signed up with FoDD and have done there part.

since it is a govt entity, would the same letter, sent by different people make a big impact???

ISBB- I work 6 12's sometimes more

Pete- How about you write down what you want to to see the money collected be used for. The TRT members are a very small group and without any outside input its hard to stand up to outside infuences, ie; dumpsters.

Richard- Not as much as each person writing thier own letter.

I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I was tired of hearing everyone say what they want to the board, but not to the BLM/TRT. :icon_twisted: :driver:

Pete- How about you write down what you want to to see the money collected be used for. The TRT members are a very small group and without any outside input its hard to stand up to outside infuences, ie; dumpsters.

I don't think that any more resources (BLM rangers) are necessarily needed. They just need to actually enforced this stuff. SAND~SNAKE & I went over to the ranger station over T-Day weekend and discussed the problem with rebar. They said thanks for bringing it to our attention. This wasn't any item they were aware of already????? It didn't sound like they were gonna do anything about it.

Do you think that a letter to the TRT or Bartow BLM would help them actually do their job or would it just piss them off and make em write more tickets for blue tail lights?

I'll try and think of something constructive to jot down before the next meeting that might help though.

I understand your frustration though, John. Everyone wants to help, but very few actually do anything. (Just like all the people at comp that give us blank stares :laughoff: when we are slaving away at picking up THIER trash) Education is key though. Not everyone knows where to write letters to and what is helpful info for these meetings. Maybe let everyone know about the meetings (which you already do) and tell them if they can't make it to submit a letter of what they think needs addressing or any ideas that may help. :D

I am not sure your rant is directed at mainly the dumpster issue or if it's everything else too.

and BTW, you didn't offend me. You only made me write a whole bunch :driver::blury: :icon_twisted:

You can send your letters to :

Roxie Trost

B.L.M.

Baestow field office

2601 Barstow Road

Barstow, Ca. 92311

or you can put together a well written non ranting e mail and forward it to sanddemon or myself before the meeting and we can present them at the meeting.

You can send your letters to :

Roxie Trost

B.L.M.

Baestow field office

2601 Barstow Road

Barstow, Ca. 92311

or you can put together a well written non ranting e mail and forward it to sanddemon or myself before the meeting and we can present them at the meeting.

Thank you, Terry :driver:

:icon_twisted:

WHEN ARE THE MEETINGS WHERE ARE THE MEETINGS if IT Is iN BARSTOW i can make the MEETINGS. WHAT IS THE PROTOCAL MAY WE SPEAK MAY WE GIVE SUGGESTIONS CLUE ME IN pm me if you wish i am curious

PS teach me to stop writing in caps :icon_twisted:

Edited by barefoot bob

Again this all comes down to FoDD and TRT informing us more appropriatley of when the Meetings are, whats on the agenda, and things of that nature. I have personally OFFERED my time to help make this happen but i have yet to hear from those individuals who i offered my time too.. Again its a communication thing.. Everyone knows about ddr and what not but not everyone knows about FoDD or the TRT when the meetings are whats happening at those meetings what needs to be done so on and so forth. Which is why we have this forum here on DDR. If this forum was more up to date with this type of stuff it would be even better yet.

But on the other side how are we supposed to inform our members if we dont know ourselves :icon_twisted:

Again this all comes down to FoDD and TRT informing us more appropriatley of when the Meetings are, whats on the agenda, and things of that nature. I have personally OFFERED my time to help make this happen but i have yet to hear from those individuals who i offered my time too.. Again its a communication thing.. Everyone knows about ddr and what not but not everyone knows about FoDD or the TRT when the meetings are whats happening at those meetings what needs to be done so on and so forth. Which is why we have this forum here on DDR. If this forum was more up to date with this type of stuff it would be even better yet.

But on the other side how are we supposed to inform our members if we dont know ourselves :driver:

:laughoff: exactly

If two guys, one who's bored in front of his computer one day in his den wanted to start a Dumont website and one with a little time on his hands and some computer knowledge at a job that he hates :icon_twisted: , could get out word about a Dumont site and help it grow into what is today.....then a group of individuals can definitely do the same for TRT and FoDD. We are willing to help, but we need some input.

If letters are what will help, we'll try and get word out to everyone that letters are needed. Like ISBB said, communication is needed. Just let everybody know on DDR and I am sure it will get done even if it's a small percentage of the active peeps here on DDR. It will be a start. :D

Folks, I know for a fact that sanddemon and myself have given the dates for each meeting. Hell I have even offered a free seat for the drive. I know Tuesday is difficult believe me it is for me to. Yes e mails and lettters on the "good" things that are happening and ideas on how to fix the "bad" are welcomed by the TRT,BLM and FoDD. Just so you all are aware there are a couple of positions on the FoDD board of directors in Jan. The meeting is in Ca. but it will be on a Sat. and I will let everybody know.

Believe me when I tell you all that your help and comments are felt and listened to. Do not feel that you are raging against a blank wall. We all feel that way when we first get involved. You have to remember that we are dealing with a goverment bureaucy and it moves very slowly. We certainly are pushing it the right way with your continued help we will accomplish what we want. But do understand that this an uphill climb and there will always be bumps in the road.

Again THANK YOU to all for your help!

Terry

Folks, I know for a fact that sanddemon and myself have given the dates for each meeting. Hell I have even offered a free seat for the drive. I know Tuesday is difficult believe me it is for me to. Yes e mails and lettters on the "good" things that are happening and ideas on how to fix the "bad" are welcomed by the TRT,BLM and FoDD. Just so you all are aware there are a couple of positions on the FoDD board of directors in Jan. The meeting is in Ca. but it will be on a Sat. and I will let everybody know.

Believe me when I tell you all that your help and comments are felt and listened to. Do not feel that you are raging against a blank wall. We all feel that way when we first get involved. You have to remember that we are dealing with a goverment bureaucy and it moves very slowly. We certainly are pushing it the right way with your continued help we will accomplish what we want. But do understand that this an uphill climb and there will always be bumps in the road.

Again THANK YOU to all for your help!

Terry

Thanks for the info, I will be getting together tomorrow with the people in our camp and start sending letters. I just figured it was falling on deaf ears, like talking to the rangers on Thanksgiving about the speed limit near camps and vendor alley. They acted like I was crazy for expecting them to stop the people speeding through that area. So now I will send my thoughts and concerns to Roxie Trost at the BLM office.

Folks, I know for a fact that sanddemon and myself have given the dates for each meeting. Hell I have even offered a free seat for the drive. I know Tuesday is difficult believe me it is for me to.

Terry, I understand you guys do post up when the meetings are- I even said that. I merely made a suggestion that maybe you could also post up what is on the agenda for the next meeting. This way the people that can't make it could give their comments by submitting letters or give them to you guys to bring up at the meeting.

Those of us that are the targets of the rant are the other guys that care about Dumont i.e. you're somewhat preaching to the choir.

The problem some of us that are passionate about Dumont have is that we've seen a steady decline in the duning experience out there over the last 4-5 years while at the same time being zapped with a heavy fee-for-access (that's essentially done nothing for the average duner out there save for getting a blade dropped on the road a few times a year mostly around big weekends).

The bottom line is there was more and better enforcement out there BEFORE they were getting their LEO coffers lined with our cash. Now they want to float a test balloon about raising the fees....LUDICROUS. To paraphrase a post on another board.....all they LEOs seem to be doing is hanging out at Comp watching the honeys roll by in their Rhinos". There's a lot of truth to that. .

You guys that have been involved with the FoDD over the past few years know the Lion's share of the fees collected go toward Law Enforcement.......where the heck is the enforcement? It's all fine and good these guys can hog the funds and set up the typical self-licking ice cream cone where they get their buddy on the LEO gravy train and he gets his buddy on the gravy train etc etc etc. Oh and when you drain that well dry you cry wolf and ask for more money.......it’s Government-Management/Finance 101.

There are serious issues (safety and general enjoyment) out at Dumont that Law Enforcement should be addressing for us:

- People using pipe and rebar to cordon off big acreage for themselves

- People cordoning off actual dunes for themselves i.e. sectioning off portions of the finger dunes

- People burning & littering big items

- Pit Riding/Speeding in the flats and around camps

- Borderline unruly behavior around comp hill allowed to take place in their presence

It pains me that we’re to a point in this situation that we’re actually asking for law enforcement for our money as a means of at least getting some tangible return for the fee. We should be talking about other issues like why don’t they provide some tangible services for the RVer (who make up the vast vast majority of users) out there i.e. immaculate road, dump stations, water source, trash serivice etc (don’t get wrapped up in any of those items, I’m just using them as items we could be discussing as potential realities instead of wondering why we get almost nothing for our money).

I must say that we absolutely appreciate everything you guys do as far as being on the TRT but the rants can go both ways.

I live right here in Barstow, I can make some of the meetings. I've also worked with Roxie on a couple other things in the past for the base. Let me know when and where to meet you all when you go and I'll join in also. Whatever you need from me, just let me know...Semper Fi, Woody :mischevious:

Roxi Trost sounds familiar... I'm wondering if anyone knows if she has a son named barrett? If so I graduated High School with him. I know he too is working in BLM and works out of El Centro if memory serves me right :D

Back to your regularly scheduled rant thread.

This may not bee the place to say this but here we go. I can rember when the dunes where free and the people did what the signs say pack it in pack it out and then some.no fire work and nobody roped off the dunes or put out cone there where no camp racers and leo what leo. the blade did not do the road.now we pay to use the dunes and have more problems. people had respect for others and their things

So if I go to the next meeting and set through it and say my peace and help out where needed is there going to something done about all the aholes out there?????????? just my humble opinon

If it will help let me now when and where and I will be there. Thanks Sean

Anyone who liked "old school" Glamis would remember Roxie Trost... that's where she was for quite a while before finally climbing out of that dysfunctional pit.

There are a lot of good posts here and it's great to see so much interest. Dumont is lucky to have duners so dedicated.

Yes, sending letters and emails to the BLM/TRT is a big help. If we don't tell them what we want (or don't want), they are left to their own imaginations... and Dumont deserves better.

Form letters really won't work. Good thing, because that's all the anti-access folks are able to generate. They have money, but lack the passion that the good guys have. Just a few words from the heart would be enough, and don't worry about it being perfect, just sincere.

Vicki

The TRT members are a very small group and without any outside input its hard to stand up to outside infuences, ie; dumpsters.

Some of the strongest pressure is actually coming from within the TRT which makes it even harder.

Ed Waldheim (CORVA leader) sits on the TRT and is one of the most vocal advocates of putting in dumpsters even if it means raising the fees to do it.

So don't just write to the BLM... anyone who is a member of an OHV organization should also be making sure the leaders of that organization are acting in their best interests. They can't possibly know what that is without input from the source, the very users themselves.

Vicki

I see there are some people here that are complaining about paying fees, only to see a decline in the duning experience.

Well, that is because 5 or 6 years ago, people like me never even heard of Dumont. Heck of several people I have talked to in my town, only a handful even recognized the name.

we are experiencing growing pains, and the govt's answer to these is more money.

don't be surprised if the fees go up again soon, as you can't KEEP dumont from gaining popularity, especially from people like the glamis crowd.