Below 10K.com

CorvairJon

when i first came on ddr isbb attacked me to lol and another guy but i explained myself and got the "im over it " and never another prob i think its just isbbs way. like an intiation into the ddr forums or somthing. :D

so if you get the " im over it " i think thats the "all clear" to post on ddr :driver: :whip_em: :whip:

just noticed isbb dont get offended im only kidding :dunno:

Edited by barefoot bob

Hey BB want me to fax you over my neices spelling list from school! LOL j/k man.

I have to give everyone a hard time.. Buisness or not, it brings out their true personality/buisness practices :D Gotta make sure they are safe for DDR LOL

Ok as BarefootBob said " IM OVER IT " :laughoff:

OK now that everone is "Over It" I've been to the site. It's OK I thought it would be more of a 4Sale thing than a Forum. I didn't find anything for sell. :ninja::laughoff:

The whole point of the site is for us low budget rail owners....and it's too new to be more than it is already. I'm hoping in time it'll grow and be a good place for technical help. So far it's worked pretty good for me.

One of the reasons I started the site was I've been putting ALL my friends through the ringger asking them, often times more than once, asking them for advice while I was trying to put my rail back together. I ran into a bunch of cool people MORE than willing to give me help. I figred there were lots more people out there like me. Or worse there are going to be a lot of people like me who will need help. Then I seacrhed for a site like it and couln't find one. So I decided to make one.

I'll put up the cars that people sent me that are for sale. I get these GREAT write up from people who seemed to put all kinds of sweat and hard work into their car and love the hell out of it. Then the last line is "Oh any you can own this car for $XXXX" I have 3 or four cars that I know of that are for sale in my list of "readers rides" I'll do my best to put them up by this weekend.

And when it comes to Nick (ISBB) I've been putting up with him here and there for almost 5 years. I'm glad to see some people don't change.

Lesse Places I've "put up with Nick"

Glamis dunes.com

ASA BBS

Got Dunes.com

now here.

I WAS banned for life from Glamisdunes but was asked back.

Still do alot for the ASA even thought I was once banned there.

Got Dunes can kiss my Arse. I'm not into that drama anymore.

So Nick has been on all those BBS's and not banned I think that makes ME more of an annoyance than him. So I guess I can't whine too much about him. Even though there is a lot to whine about.

Lesse Places I've "put up with Nick"

Glamis dunes.com

ASA BBS

Got Dunes.com

now here.

I WAS banned for life from Glamisdunes but was asked back.

Still do alot for the ASA even thought I was once banned there.

Got Dunes can kiss my Arse. I'm not into that drama anymore.

So Nick has been on all those BBS's and not banned I think that makes ME more of an annoyance than him. So I guess I can't whine too much about him. Even though there is a lot to whine about.

I was just curious because you said you've been putting up with him "here" for 5 yrs. That was all. I understand.

With all that said....

welcome to DDR and we're glad to have ya! :laughoff::shake:

The way you searched for a site and never found one so you made your own for rails under 10K is exactly like how DDR was started. :D I never found a site for Dumont and said, screw it...I'm making my own. :rant: Then I met ISBB and he hooked up my ideas big time. :angry2: Server, software install, setup, hours and hours of what not. It shows how much he is actually a good guy. :ninja::clap: that or it's all a plot to hijack the website one day. :clap::clap:

Still on gotdunes.. dont care alot about that.

GD obviously

ASA never was very active there yet a member

well now your ours so you wont get banned yet! LOL

Fontana Jon? If this is who i think it is.. Thats sum funny chit right there!

I have used lots of pictures from others. Most of the time, I put their logo on the picture. But sometimes it is a person, not a business. If it is just Joe Duner, I leave the picture blank for the most part. There are some occasions though where I have put DuneGuide.com on them.

Thanks for replying truthfully :laughoff:

I do think duneguide.com is a cool resource for duners. What I'm scratching my head over is you've admittedly had many folks graciously donate content to your project yet you would not reciprocate to Jon for his small-scale "public service-ish" site for us poor folk that can only afford old-school buggies.

If memory serves me right that site was pretty much all written up by him and he has visted damn near every dune there and the ones he didnt he got the pictures from else where.. that was the way i was understanding his page a while back.. is that HE personally went there and took the majority of the photos if not they have the appropriate watermark or thanks in the deal... i could be full of chit too.. thats just what i gathered when reading his site a while back.

Thanks for replying truthfully :angry2:

I do think duneguide.com is a cool resource for duners. What I'm scratching my head over is you've admittedly had many folks graciously donate content to your project yet you would not reciprocate to Jon for his small-scale "public service-ish" site for us poor folk that can only afford old-school buggies.

It's not that I don't want to support his project, but DuneGuide.com is a business. And content is what makes people go to my site. If I let Jon use all the text and pictures from a particular page, why would someone find it necessary to go to my website? A couple pictures and some text with a link to my page for more detail might have flown. I often create new pages with some info & pictures, then provide lots of links to other sites that have solid detail that would be silly for me to try to reproduce.

I obviously haven't been to all dunes out there. For most, if not all that I have not been to, I have received permission to use a businesses photos in exchange for them getting a link and their URL on the pictures. They get exposure. I get to use their photos. Here are a few examples:

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_kermit.htm

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_l...e_sahara_ok.htm - scroll down to other photos & aerial

All that said, I try to be fair, but I'm obviously not pure. I'm sure ISBB could go to my site and find fault. :ninja:

I do have a nice DDR banner on the Dumont page. :laughoff: Does that buy me any love?

but DuneGuide.com is a business. And content is what makes people go to my site. If I let Jon use all the text and pictures from a particular page, why would someone find it necessary to go to my website?

I think this statement is true for any website! I find it irritating and a compliment at the same time.. They do say that mockery/plaguerism is the highest form of compliment. It just gets irritating when its done repeatedly..

I have used lots of pictures from others. Most of the time, I put their logo on the picture. But sometimes it is a person, not a business. If it is just Joe Duner, I leave the picture blank for the most part. There are some occasions though where I have put DuneGuide.com on them.

lol HE SAID joe duner!!!!!!

Takes you two pages and a look through a website to figure out it's me but at the SSSS you walk right past me?

And all this timeI thought you were a bright guy or something.

I dont remember half of the show i was ummm :laughing::P

Ocasionally im a bright feller but not all the time. My excuse this week :freakin_nuts: