oops

dunefreak

Landed a bit hard on the left front and busted my spindle. :angry2: The car pitched down in the front landing on the the front left wheel at such an angle the spindle snapped. I guess I shouldn't have hit that jump on an angle or that fast either. :flipoff: Time to give Larry a :thumb: at SSC. Oh well. No biggie other than my buggy driving was cut short for the weekend. :(

post-3-1136179096_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136179125_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136179199_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136179266_thumb.jpg

That was a sweet jump you found. I'm kinda glad you broke first cause I was startin to bottom my car out at the end. I probably would have broke if you didn't. I'm not glad you broke though.

Yeah that jump is pretty sweet. I found it shortly after I bought my car and usually hit it every dune trip. Its pretty easy to find too, just right behind the superbowl. :flipoff:

pete ddr headcount still good... 2 broken buggies.... no broken bones... i would say good weekend

Hey its not broke yet!! Took a good hard roll, but still in one piece. Cant say that about the wing though, it is trashed!

Thanks to all who were there to help me out when I made a newbe mistake. DDR Rocks!! :flipoff:

Pete, I need to talk to you about getting ahold of someone that can cut and rework the cage and then your paint guy to match it till I can strip it down and re-powdercoat.

Thanks,

J.J.

pete ddr headcount still good... 2 broken buggies.... no broken bones... i would say good weekend

Dave, DDR consists of more than just everyone in our camp. We've got over 300 members! Hopefully anyone else that made it out last weekend came back okay. :flipoff:

Oh and JJ, just get in touch w/ me about the paint guy. I'm sure he'll hook it up. :thumb: As for fabricators, there are many. Josey did an awesome job on my car, but he's really busy right now. Maybe try Mike @ Sin City Sandrails. His work looks very nice and he also specializes in fixing other buggies.

:finger: Ordered up my spindle today! I should have it in about a week! (hopefully)

I got my crank trigger in just in time for Glamis MLK. Hope next time we are out together at dumont Pete. You can get some pics of the race wheelies we were doing. that was kinda cool. :finger:

• 3 weeks later...

I think the aluminium played a big part in that. I have hit like that more times than I can count when hitting a razor wrong....

I was seein more of this though till I put some air in my shocks though...lol

post-423-1138678186_thumb.jpg

alluminum I beleive

Not that that was factor though, ask Don29Palms & Joe Duner :laughing: - you should have seen the way I landed :undecided: The front tire was like this...

post-3-1138677455_thumb.jpg

When it happened it was like "OH SHIAT" tire went rolling the wrong way. It did kinda look cool though. Thank God noone got hurt except Pete's car and maybe his pride and ego a bit. :shocked:

When it happened it was like "OH SHIAT" tire went rolling the wrong way. It did kinda look cool though. Thank God noone got hurt except Pete's car and maybe his pride and ego a bit.
:shots: Yeah huh, Don.

Yoshi,

I think the aluminium played a big part in that

I have to disagree w/ you on that. You would have had to see the angle the wheel was on the landing. I hit the jump crooked waay too fast and it kicked the a$$ end way up and pitched down on the left front. I kinda thought we were going end over for a second! :laughing: It also bent my wheel as well, so it wasn't like the spindle just went- bing! :shocked: Although it all happened so fast it seemed like it.

I had to stiffin up my front end a bit as well for aggressive driving. When I got the car it did a lot of that 1st pic where your eatin sand. :undecided: I just gave the coils a bit more preload and it was way better when hitting the quick transitions goin into or coming down a dune to falt ground. :thumb: It rode a little nicer when going slower, but who drives slow?? eff that. :no::grin:

Yoshi,

I have to disagree w/ you on that. You would have had to see the angle the wheel was on the landing. I hit the jump crooked waay too fast and it kicked the a$$ end way up and pitched down on the left front. I kinda thought we were going end over for a second! :undecided: It also bent my wheel as well, so it wasn't like the spindle just went- bing! :laughing: Although it all happened so fast it seemed like it.

how long is your travel on that thing?

I think the aluminium played a big part in that. I have hit like that more times than I can count when hitting a razor wrong....

I was seein more of this though till I put some air in my shocks though...lol

post-423-1138678186_thumb.jpg

Damn, looks like a stink bug in the sand, oh, is that a sandrail???? :laughoff: