Shocks

desertskyz

The back shocks have to come off the car AGAIN :idiot: I hate doing that it scares sh*t out of me. :laughing: Really is no reason to, but I am. They have a little bow in them and the car leans to one side. We think they sent the wrong size springs. (2.5) Need to look at paperwork and see what he ordered. May need bigger shock. We were bottoming out we shouldn't have. The front A-arm is scraping the reservoir so it needs to be moved forward. He knew that there would be some tweeking after the shake down but................... OK thats all

Thanks Pete. It was alot of work. I did a Side show of the build and layed it down to a Scorpians Song. Came out pretty good.

The shock thing is kind of a mystery and the listing to one side. :dunno: I'm just a chick. :idiot:

:dunce: :fro: Effen assrock! :assrock: :barf::shake::loser:

Let's see the slide show. Ya gotta that assrock slide show on the computer? :laughoff::slap:

The back shocks have to come off the car AGAIN :laughoff: I hate doing that it scares sh*t out of me. :idiot: Really is no reason to, but I am. They have a little bow in them and the car leans to one side. We think they sent the wrong size springs. (2.5) Need to look at paperwork and see what he ordered. May need bigger shock. We were bottoming out we shouldn't have. The front A-arm is scraping the reservoir so it needs to be moved forward. He knew that there would be some tweeking after the shake down but................... OK thats all

What shocks are you running?? single dual or tripple rate springs? as for the bottoming out...you might just need to revalve them!!

Get the numbers off the coils and post them here.

Top and bottom should be different.

The bottom coil should be stiffer.

It looks like the bottom coil will NOT kick-in soon enough, if at all.

The aluminum threaded ring needs to be moved down the shock.

That's just an adjustment that will help this situation.

It would help slow the enertia down sooner.

Just what it looks like to me. :dunce:

oh yeah....... SCORPIONS ROCK :idiot:

:laughoff:

OK I asked they are are 2.0 shock with 2.5 coil, all the way around, top and bottom. He said he called King and ordered the shocks, just figured they would send the right stuff. RRRRight!. Notings has been what is should have. It is hard to build your own car.

order again

send back

order more

send back again

:laughoff::idiot: :dunce:

You gotta be really smart to build your own car. He is :D Did a super good job. :fro: :shake:

make sure your not over extending through your limiting straps somthings not right if your bending a shock if its just settling then screw the aluminum piece and set the adjustment make sure the top springs arnt stiffer than your lowers.mine was leaning to the left after the shake down run but it was a simple adjustment. call brett king he will help as well nice people over there

Thanks Bob, I think that is what he is going to do. He is really smart about building things this is his 3rd or 4th. First LT tho. It has been a long road. Like I said before, half the sh*t you order is wrong. Even the frame. It came without stuff that was order, BUT did come with side panels and hood. :rockwoot: I learned alot, thats for darn sure. It'll get fixed fo sho :banghead: Oh Look at the time. time to go home :beercheers: :icon_twisted:

the shocks look like thay are single rate? If they are duel rate the limiting nut need to be set so that the top spring move only a few inches and the bottom spring come in after that. what motor is in it and how much does the car weigh. My car weighs 2300 lbs and I run a 450 on top and a 500 on the bottom the limiting nuts on the shocks only let the top spring move three inches before the bottom comes in. There is a very good artical on how to set up shops on Glamis dunes .com by revenge racing it help dial them in faster.

the shocks look like thay are single rate? If they are duel rate the limiting nut need to be set so that the top spring move only a few inches and the bottom spring come in after that. what motor is in it and how much does the car weigh. My car weighs 2300 lbs and I run a 450 on top and a 500 on the bottom the limiting nuts on the shocks only let the top spring move three inches before the bottom comes in. There is a very good artical on how to set up shops on Glamis dunes .com by revenge racing it help dial them in faster.

Its hard to tell from the pic it looks to be dual rate but i can see in the pic the sleeve between the lower and upper spring (if it has 2 seperate springs they are dual rate)..upper spring is mainly just ride height it does get use on compression though(downforce)...ordering them unless brett (king shocks) got the weight of the car they are not going to work right out of the box actually ones made exactly for a car dont without testing and adjustments but anyways if you call brett at king shocks they will definitely assist you in setup...he did my offroad truck and I gotta say the best shock and support for desert racing!!

Also you you can slow the compression down on the bypass shocks to help it from bottoming out!!

Edited by OFFROADRACER

• 2 weeks later...

Ok think it is a collar problem. Front ones are the same as the back ones. The springs on the back are WAY bigger Once again, One would "THINK" one was getting what they needed. Maybe, just maybe more infor. should have been transfered to said shop where you oreder them from. Its gonna work out. If boy can build an LT car I think he is going to conqure this problem too. :D

Edited by desertskyz

Ok think it is a collar problem. Front ones are the same as the back ones. The springs on the back are WAY bigger Once again, One would "THINK" one was getting what they needed. Maybe, just maybe more infor. should have been transfered to said shop where you oreder them from. Its gonna work out. If boy can build an LT car I think he is going to conqure this problem too. :D

the springs on the back should be bigger heavier rate for the weight of the motor..

I understand that but, I was trying to say was that the shocks are the same but the spring on the back are larger, and it seems to me that everything about it the back ones should be bigger. Collars and everything are the same, just the springs are different. Does that matter? :loser: I think boy is getting tired of my questions when he is not sure what the answers are. :chev_bowtie:

The back shocks have to come off the car AGAIN :chev_bowtie: I hate doing that it scares sh*t out of me. :loser: Really is no reason to, but I am. They have a little bow in them and the car leans to one side. We think they sent the wrong size springs. (2.5) Need to look at paperwork and see what he ordered. May need bigger shock. We were bottoming out we shouldn't have. The front A-arm is scraping the reservoir so it needs to be moved forward. He knew that there would be some tweeking after the shake down but................... OK thats all

:slap::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::dunno::dunno::dunno:

let me know desert i have some extra springs (eiback) springs need length and lbs. to experiment with.

it also might be wise to put set of ( BUMP STOPS )on your buggy. they cost much less than those shocks you have.Also you need to take a (ZIP TIE)and put it on BOTH (SHOCK SHAFTS). then take your buggy out and play then look to see where the (ZIP TIE) slid to that will show you how much travel your using.

GOOD LUCK....

I understand that but, I was trying to say was that the shocks are the same but the spring on the back are larger, and it seems to me that everything about it the back ones should be bigger. Collars and everything are the same, just the springs are different. Does that matter? :laughoff: I think boy is getting tired of my questions when he is not sure what the answers are. :laughoff:

Are you talking about bigger diameter?

Shock off tonight! Dude!!! they are a little " to me... alot" bashed on the bottom. I don't know :beercheers: I'm just a chick, but damn it just does'nt look right to me. Alot of carving on the bottom. Where it screws into the frame!???! CRAP! we"ll see. Back to Butchs tomorrow. I would be in sooooooo much trouble if he knew I was talking about this.

Edited by desertskyz