President's Weekend

bp-guy

Presidents weekend will be my first trip to Dumont. The only person I know on this site is ISBB. It will be good hanging out with him again but i also want to meet as many of you all as possible for my future trips to come.

I plan on leaving San Diego that Fri. (16th) in the A.M sometime and possibly stay till Monday. I will have my father-in-law in tow as well and my best friend will arrive Sat Morning.

I have a motorhome and enclosed trailer, pops-in-law has truck and weekend warrior and my friend will have a truck and flatbed trailer. So we will need a lil space to camp if you don't mind us hanging out :blink:

I would love to find a nice group that wouldn't mind showing us the area and some of the hot spots there.

We are pretty mellow people here, well except for my friend he is a riot and we crack jokes on eachother all day. Some say we cross the line when we bash on our wives but we know its all in fun so its all good!

So please let me know if the welcome mat is out and we will come on in..

By the way we are dunebuggy people, tony has a truggy and me and pops have rails.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Tim (aka bpguy)

Presidents weekend will be my first trip to Dumont. The only person I know on this site is ISBB. It will be good hanging out with him again but i also want to meet as many of you all as possible for my future trips to come.

I plan on leaving San Diego that Fri. (16th) in the A.M sometime and possibly stay till Monday. I will have my father-in-law in tow as well and my best friend will arrive Sat Morning.

I have a motorhome and enclosed trailer, pops-in-law has truck and weekend warrior and my friend will have a truck and flatbed trailer. So we will need a lil space to camp if you don't mind us hanging out :blink:

I would love to find a nice group that wouldn't mind showing us the area and some of the hot spots there.

We are pretty mellow people here, well except for my friend he is a riot and we crack jokes on eachother all day. Some say we cross the line when we bash on our wives but we know its all in fun so its all good!

So please let me know if the welcome mat is out and we will come on in..

By the way we are dunebuggy people, tony has a truggy and me and pops have rails.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Tim (aka bpguy)

You should have no problem finding a spot since most of the people there are nice and easy going. If you like you can hang out with us and we park near the big dirt hill on the right as soon as you top the hill near the rangers. I have a lifted f-250 red with balck wheels so you will not miss it and a weekend warrior and there will be a few diesel motor homes as well. Good luck and drive safe. YP

Tim, when the time gets near gimme a call.. I will get you directions and all that fun stuff to camp.. You are more than welcome to camp with us and we will be glad to show you guys around. We usually camp around or near bathroom 6 but i will be sure to get you directions... It will be a busy weekend for sure as thats the same weekend as the jeep jamboree and sand drags.

Tim, when the time gets near gimme a call.. I will get you directions and all that fun stuff to camp.. You are more than welcome to camp with us and we will be glad to show you guys around. We usually camp around or near bathroom 6 but i will be sure to get you directions... It will be a busy weekend for sure as thats the same weekend as the jeep jamboree and sand drags.

I don't think we will be in that area for Pres Day though- too much dust and camp racers. :offtopic::beerpint: Maybe out w/ RK again. :laughing: We'll chat about it when it gets closer. :DDRrocks:

Sorry Wrench...forgot you were on here as well, didn't know the internet reached out in the boonies!!

I am really looking forward to this trip. It only took 6+ years to make it happen.

The truggy is back alive with a new motor. sounds pretty sweet and shows promise of some real horsepower in the sand. I guess we will find out when we get it there..

Edited by bpguy

Sorry Wrench...forgot you were on here as well, didn't know the internet reached out in the boonies!!

I am really looking forward to this trip. It only took 6+ years to make it happen.

The truggy is back alive with a new motor. sounds pretty sweet and shows promise of some real horsepower in the sand. I guess we will find out when we get it there..

Damn! 6 years! We'll be sure to make it a fun trip to remember for sure then! :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley: :beercheers: :mc_smiley:

Can't wait to meet you :headbang1:

I am all ready to go right now!

6 years ago we had this planned but due to an illness in the family it got postponed.. well now we are trying it all over again but this time we are making it out and are planning on staying till monday morning.

From my house to the baker needle is about 200 miles. How much farther do we need to drive after we hit Baker? I was guessing about 30 minutes but it has been along time since I came thru there via Pahrump.

6 years ago we had this planned but due to an illness in the family it got postponed.. well now we are trying it all over again but this time we are making it out and are planning on staying till monday morning.

From my house to the baker needle is about 200 miles. How much farther do we need to drive after we hit Baker? I was guessing about 30 minutes but it has been along time since I came thru there via Pahrump.

30 mins sounds about right.

The turnoff is about 34 miles past Baker on HWY 127. You might get stuck behind a slow motorhome or truck, so give or take 30-45 minutes. It's only a 2 lane road.

normal_Dumont.gif

well atleast my memory is still good!

Talked with my father-in-law today and we are planning on leaving SD about 10am.

I guess it will take us about 4 hours + with breaks and stuff. will any of you be out there Fri in the late afternoon to show us in?

Tim

nope, got a newer one. got a 1998 Flair a few months back. Now I am rollin in style!!

Same trailer but when the time approaches we can swap phone numbers and I will fill you in on my whereabouts as I near Dumont.

I will try to get a pic of it on here so you can have something to look at when you try to find me as I roam the desert aimlessly!

Edited by bpguy

Will do.. There are usually a couple other people out there wed thurs depending on if his boss will let him out early *COUGH OGP COUGH* Just post up a description and picture and we will make sure someone is looking out for ya or might meet ya somewhere and guide you in. :D