DDR WIDE OPEN BAJA TRIP

barneycar

Just wanted to see if anybody is interestedin go south of the Boarder for a trip ?

you would not need you paddles. dirt tires. could plan a trip for as many as wanted to go. could plan a trip to see a race or a trip to see the Baja like a campimg trip to scravenger beach with is about a three to four day trip? just a thought what do you think?

Pete Ensenada is a good 6 hours from vegas 4-4.5 to san diego and another 45 min on the other side easy. And he said it would be a 3 to 4 day trip easy.. so i would have to say in order for me to be able to make it in any shape or form we are talkign about a holiday weekend where teh holiday lands on thursday or monday.. so i can take fri - tues off.. and head down thurs night. We could all take a break at my moms place just outside mexicali and play in glamis for a bit then head to mexico. :D

you actually kinda want to cross at calexico/mexically to get to san felipe ............................... and it takes 2 or 3 hours to get to san felip .................. :flipoff: i think the 1000 would be more doable i got pismo at the end of march.

From Ridgecrest it is a 9hr ride for me pull my flat bed trailer. need to go threw mexical to get to San Felipe

we stop at the new boarder out side of calexico to get insurance and top off with diesel best trips are at least 4 days need to play on the beach and sight see. the race would be a four day trip and to see all the race stuff

one day travel in one day in town one watching the race and one day home.

:flipoff: If you tag team drive down there at night and back up the drive goes a lot faster. It is a lot better for pullin' a trailer and dealing with traffic in So. Cal. I agree you need 4 days off to go just so you get the experience of the trip with out being rushed. :think: :grad:

Barneycar do you own a place down there? Is it true that everyone now need a passport to get back across the border?

Starting Jan. 1, 2007 everyone must have a passport to get across the boarder Mexico/Canada included.

:beercheers: Passport, Don't leave home without it. :DDRrocks:

anywase ya its like 4 hrs to the border for me from applevalley then 3 or 4 out of mexically to felipe you know you can drive your buggies into town for what ever provided they have brake and tailights including quads it really is awsom there the checkpoint at the turn off to ensanada there is an army inspection area set up and it looks quite menacing however that spot has been there since the 70s and they have always been nothing but nice to me and my family anywase........................... :thumb:

but being able to dune on the beach and go ell jeez i want a taco and drive your buggy into town to get a taco or shop or dance they have some toiurista dance clubs there most of the bussineses are american leased !! :D well worth a trip down there very beautiful./.............

Edited by barefoot bob

:bawl: Thats a great looking place, RESORT STYLE, Do you have room service? :ninja:

no not as of yet

The Baja 1000 is a good time to got it is in November great weather and lots of :worthless_without_pics: :think:

tacos just down the way about a mile some of the best food around . I would like to do this with a group of the DDR peeps

I would love to go and I can get the time off of work, I just need to meet you fine folks first hand, :monkeedance2: I think it would be a great time. O and I'm sure we could find room service if needed, beer is a good salary. :headbang1::laughing: