helicopter

I hope not either. All I heard of was a girl that was either injured or killed sat night at comp and then a guy on a 2 wheeler that got paralysed. :( These are both just things I heard though. You never know how things get mixed up through multiple people. :chat::blury::dunno:

I hope not either. All I heard of was a girl that was either injured or killed sat night at comp and then a guy on a 2 wheeler that got paralysed. :( These are both just things I heard though. You never know how things get mixed up through multiple people. :chat::blury::dunno:

Talked to a sherriff sunday night on my way home at the valero in baker and he said 1 fatality. Male.

we saw the helicopter in and out all weekend, hope there wasnt any fatalitys.

They definately had their hands full!! Just after the kids and I got there Sat. morning (11:30), the chopper was taking off. Word from one of my son's friends camping with us was someone on a 2-wheeler had broke their neck and was paralyzed. Kenny (yamapimp) has a scanner and he was by camp last night for a visit in his new Rhino. He confirmed the fatality on Saturday. Judy (our camp grand-mama, still recovering from her dislocated shoulder from Tday weekend) counted 5 times Sat the chopper in and out. Considering ALL those people out there this weekend, if only 1 fatality, I think that's fairly good odds. Doesn't, of course, include all the ambulance rides and broken bones. Always sad to hear that kind of news. :(

Edited by dinicolady

They definately had their hands full!! Just after the kids and I got there Sat. morning (11:30), the chopper was taking off. Word from one of my son's friends camping with us was someone on a 2-wheeler had broke their neck and was paralyzed. Kenny (yamapimp) has a scanner and he was by camp last night for a visit in his new Rhino. He confirmed the fatality on Saturday. Judy (our camp grand-mama, still recovering from her dislocated shoulder from Tday weekend) counted 5 times Sat the chopper in and out. Considering ALL those people out there this weekend, if only 1 fatality, I think that's fairly good odds. Doesn't, of course, include all the ambulance rides and broken bones. Always sad to hear that kind of news. :(

im tellin judy u called her a grand-mama :dunno:

A little street bike powered car was coming down and clipped the front of a banshee.

I was the first one there with my lights on the guy so the emt's could see to work on him.

His knee was swollen and the bike pretty bad.The car bent the rim and pulled the tire off that I could see.

I took the emt down the hill after the guys friends that he was working on wouldnt WTF? They loaded him in the car and had one more seat and just left the emt standing there.

So i talked to him he said the guy would be ok and didnt think anything was broken.

A little street bike powered car was coming down and clipped the front of a banshee.

I was the first one there with my lights on the guy so the emt's could see to work on him.

His knee was swollen and the bike pretty bad.The car bent the rim and pulled the tire off that I could see.

I took the emt down the hill after the guys friends that he was working on wouldnt WTF? They loaded him in the car and had one more seat and just left the emt standing there.

So i talked to him he said the guy would be ok and didnt think anything was broken.

thats hella gay people need to watch out and quit :dunno: and :blury:

Edited by tanner54

we saw the helicopter in and out all weekend, hope there wasnt any fatalitys.

I saw choppers all weekend. We saw one (I think it was Saturday) in front of the big dunes on the left. Not sure what happened. Someone in our group said at one point this weekend, they saw the medics pumping someone's chest at the sherriff's station.

I saw a lot of idiots, though!!! Too many people driving up comp and other dunes and almost hitting other people.

:laughoff:

Edited by Kitcat

im tellin judy u called her a grand-mama :pissed:

She told Justin's girlfriend she had grand kids older than her, so that's where it got started. :P:laughoff:

Well, that and the fact she took the little ones under her (wounded) wing and played hostess to Justin's friends that were camping with just their trucks. Very generous of her since she had never met them before this weekend!! :dunno:

I saw choppers all weekend. We saw one (I think it was Saturday) in front of the big dunes on the left. Not sure what happened. Someone in our group said at one point this weekend, they saw the medics pumping someone's chest at the sherriff's station.

I saw a lot of idiots, though!!! Too many people driving up comp and other dunes and almost hitting other people.

:laughoff:

I bet that was the incident we saw the quads with lights and sirens heading to, then two ranger vehicles followed and all of them were haulin' a$$ over to that area. Probably 5 or 6 emergency vehicles altogether FLYING across the flats to get there. Heard the chopper a short time after. :pissed:

:laughoff: i hate it when people think they are rad and try and drive their stock trucks up the hills they almost hit me on saturday :pissed: . i think if u dont have a roll cage the rangers should make them stay off the hill or they get ticket :dunno:

If one had ANY smarts, they wouldn't even attempt those hills without a roll cage!! Just my opinion. :D

If one had ANY smarts, they wouldn't even attempt those hills without a roll cage!! Just my opinion. :D

i know dude i would never go up any hill with out a cage and all day long u see trucks get stuck in the dunes :laughoff: . i dont even bother to help :D they know they are gonna get stuck they are not sand cars

I know the guy that got hit by the rail. He is ok just bruised, bike isn't that good. Bent Axle, rim and tire trashed, nerf bars and pegs bent, radiator twisted. The guy that hit him with the rail had been drinking, and Clint the guy on the banshee doesn't ever drink.

I thought the guy in the rail was pretty cool, he came to our camp the next morning and offered 2000 bucks to fix the bike, and apologized for what had happened.