LVMS?

meisler

I have never been to lvms, but I just got a decent deal on some last minute tickets to the race on sunday. I know from experience at ca speedway that traffic can be crazy, but I also know that there are a few ways around it. I have heard that lvms is no better, so does anyone have any suggestions to beat the traffic? Any parking suggestions? Thanks! :freakin_nuts:

I agree with Ragdoll...GET THERE EARLY...and also plan on staying after the race. Bring a grill and some food and sit back and enjoy the show. The crazies that run out after the race is over and think they are gonna get right out kill me every time. We go back out to our trailer and thank our lucky stars that we don't have to be in all the craziness.

thats what we do. get there way early, start drinkin, eatin, drinkin some more. then stay after and do it all again and watch all the clowns sit in there cars for a couple of hours going nowhere. if anyone is going lets hook up. we will be there sat. and sun. :pissed:

thats what we do. get there way early, start drinkin, eatin, drinkin some more. then stay after and do it all again and watch all the clowns sit in there cars for a couple of hours going nowhere. if anyone is going lets hook up. we will be there sat. and sun. :grin:

we wil be out there dave not sure if both days or not but surely sunday..it would be a sweet deal if someone had their hauler out there like pete did for the offroad race :pissed:

A lot of the drivers aren't talking very good about LVMS right now. They are also saying that it'll be boring for the first couple of races. :blink:

Hopefully... I was out there after the track was done (for the trucks) but the buildings (pits) were still under construction..it was a little better

Hopefully... I was out there after the track was done (for the trucks) but the buildings (pits) were still under construction..it was a little better

I was out for the trucks also and was very excited because it was a good race and seemed like it would liven the track up a little. However when the cup guys came and tested at the end of Jan....they all said it was bumpy and wouldn't produce any exciting racing for a while. The buildings weren't even started in Jan and one of the drivers even commented on that!

Racing is racing though and I'll be there. :blink:

The newly-paved racetrack's bumpy surface raised eyebrows at its opening race, last September's Craftsman Truck Series event, but the racing allegedly was good. Burton furrowed his brow when referring to the bumpy surface but acknowledged, with a couple of his fellow competitors, that that might be one of the better attributes of the surface.

"The track is surprisingly rough for a brand new surface on a racetrack [and that] probably makes the track owners and everyone upset," Johnson said. "But from a competitive standpoint, it will be more of a challenge for the team. I think it's going to be a good problem to have and something that's going to help this track age and give it some character and really force the second and third lane to come in."

Burton didn't entirely share his opinion.

"The facility, for new pavement, is horrific in the ride of the racetrack," Burton said. "I can't answer [how it got that way, because] I didn't pave it. It's rough everywhere. There are no big bumps, but there's a lot of little ones.

"They'll have to fix it, eventually, because typically, racetracks only get rougher, and this track is really rough for a new racetrack. The best way to describe it is, it's really choppy. Even the straightaways are rough, which I don't understand.

"I can't anticipate a lot of side-by-side racing because the speeds are too high [but] I do anticipate multi-groove racing because I think the middle and the third groove are going to come in and be very good but I just don't see a lot of side-by-side racing -- but at what new racetrack do you see that?"

I was out for the trucks also and was very excited because it was a good race and seemed like it would liven the track up a little. However when the cup guys came and tested at the end of Jan....they all said it was bumpy and wouldn't produce any exciting racing for a while. The buildings weren't even started in Jan and one of the drivers even commented on that!

Racing is racing though and I'll be there. :laughoff:

I hear ya there!!

glad they changed the track here :laughing: cause yesterday's race was boooooring!

qualifing speeds will be right at 190mph this year, also nascar mandated a 13 gallon fuel cell for our track (way smaller than usual) something about weight and accellerated tire wear i would imagine. So there will be less laps between pit stops. I would like to hook up with others for the after race "parking lot grand prix" its a riot watchin all the tards :laughing: play bumper cars gettin out.

:mc_smiley: :loser: The BEST way is do like us we have 5 Coaches in the INFIELD so we will be there from Thurs night till Mon morning GO JEFF GORDON :chat::loser:

We'll be on the outside of the backstretch for the same period of time.....partying with our friends from Idaho. :DDRrocks:

post-475-1172764353.jpg :grin:

We will be watching videos on the hill at Jerrys new bus until the race starts. Oh ya and drinking ice cold beer watching all the people trying to get in and out of the race. :happydrunks:

So you'll be ROUGHIN it then, right? :happydrunks::happydrunks: