OK DODGE PEEPS

mtwalet

OK GUYS IM BUYING A NEW 4X4 MEGA CAB DODGE IN APRIL . AND I WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT ON WHAT TO BUY FROM PEEPS THAT HAVE HAD OR HAVE ONE. MY FIRST NEW TRUCK FROM DODGE EVER AND I WANT TO MAKE IT A GOOD ONE!

1 GAS OR DESIEL I WANT A DESIEL FOR THE TOWING BUT IS THE GAS GOOD TOO FOR THE TOWING?

2 I AM GETTING THE THING LIFTED FOR THE FACTORY ( IS THAT A GOOD LIFT) 6INCH WITH THE 37S FROM DODGE

3 HOWS THE RIDE WITH BIGGER TIRES NAD WOULD LI FEEL THE VIBRASIONS AT ALL? ON A NEW TRUCK

THANKS SOME INPUT MIGHT HELP ON THE DECSION MAKING CALEB :undecided:

No question go with the CUMMINS...the hemi is garbage and doesn't stay together very well....plus it gets awefull milage. Depends on the lift, just realize the dealer will charge you up the wazuuuu for the lift. Fabtechs lift is pretty nice for the Dodge. What dealer are you buying the truck at????

What is the purpose? A cummins is great, I have one, but its not an offroad truck. It does ok, but liftng it kinda defeats its purpose. I have had my 3500 offroad many many times, and never had a ground clearance issue. A cummins powered truck is for moving things, and having the bed hard to load doesnt suit it, lke wise having the bed up real high doesnt let it hook up to a GN trailer or a 5th wheel, which again defeats the purpose.

FYI, Ive been paid twice in the last 10 days to move trailers cause other trucks could not.

Best truck.....cummins, 4x4, 6 spd. If you tow a lot get a dually. If you really dont like dually then get a srw 3500. Dont expect great milage out of the cummins, esspecially when new, the newer ones dont do as good as the old 12 valvers, which gave the cummns the rep of great milaege.

I have an 05 cummins with the big hoss pac stock 325 with banks about 450hp I pull a little 5th wheel 38 feet

and 16000 lbs to the sand or were my wify wants pull it the trucks get about 13 mpg with out the best I have got was 25 mpg it averages 23 most of the time. just my experance with a Bad Dog

Never heard of the factory doing a lift, I think the dealer is doing it and charging dble what you can get it done for elsewhere.

I went to Victorville Friday and at 65 mph to Baker I was getting 21.9 mpg, at 80 or so on I-15 it went down to 19.8 mpg and towing my 32' toyhauler I get 13-14 mpg with an automatic in srw 3500 2005 4x4 so I think thats pretty darn good.

BTW, don't get the hemi, bad gas mileage and gutless compared to a cummins.

thanks guys for the input!

pete i havent found one yet but went to towbin dodge at the valley auto mall and talked to some guys there if you got somebody at dodge pete let me know as for the lift being put on atthe dealership its not at the dealer its at procomp. they put onthe 6 inch lift the 37 and the 20s also looking into other things do to it but we will wait till i get my hands on it first!!!!!! thanks again cal :DDRrocks: eb

Call Doug Norston at the dealership on Sahara at Decatur, he is fleet and you miss all the car salesman BS, I did my deal over the phone including my trade in price and went over and took about 30 minutes to do everything. He will do invoice less rebates and again no BS, no "I have to talk to the manager" he does it all. If he doesn't have what you want in stock he can dealer trade and get whatever. Tell him Jerry frsom Pahrump' Valley Electric sent you, our employees have been buying from him for years.

Love my Hemi, but if you are towing quite frequently the Cummins does get better mileage. On our last trip my buddy with a 3500 CTD MC w/ 35" tires was getting 12-14 MPG and I was pulling 9-10mpg with my 1500 Hemi MC and 37" tires. Best I have seen was 16MPG and oddly enough this was on the highway towing a loaded car and car hauler trailer(~6500#).

Both nice trucks and I got a GREAT price on mine or would have waited and got the Cummins as planned. I have had no problems at all with my Hemi.

2006DodgeRam001.jpg

Edited by Xjman1

i have the 04 ho on a 6" lift toyo 37s fox 2.5 shocks air bags in rear ,get factory 4:10 ratio gears only do not get 3:70s your truck will be tall bad a$$ and kick the crap outa stock fords right bound 4 dirt ha ha ha ha ha ha .

i added the mag tec rearend cover for increased oil in the rear, electric steps ,dvd ,left the motor stock and it awsome .in 2 years i have had a doorlock break and a radio eat my cd .both under warrenty. o i also upgraded to alpine speakers and it sounds better than a chevy bose system. i was told that from a chevy owner.

post-1340-1172503999.jpg

Edited by barefoot bob

i have the 04 ho on a 6" lift toyo 37s fox 2.5 shocks air bags in rear ,get factory 4:10 ratio gears only do not get 3:70s your truck will be tall bad a$$ and kick the crap outa stock fords right bound 4 dirt ha ha ha ha ha ha .

i added the mag tec rearend cover for increased oil in the rear, electric steps ,dvd ,left the motor stock and it awsome .in 2 years i have had a doorlock break and a radio eat my cd .both under warrenty. o i also upgraded to alpine speakers and it sounds better than a chevy bose system. i was told that from a chevy owner.

:headbang1::blink:

TOWBIN DODGE sends there trucks out to 4 Wheel Parts off of Sunset to get ur lift done, it only costs them about $5,000, they then mark it up to $10,000 onto the sticker! :laughoff:

Then if u have a problem u gotta take it to the dealer, then they send it to 4 Wheel Parts, if ur lucky u might get it back by the end of the week.

I would recommend getting the lift done urself so u can pick it out and choose ur wheels and tires.

Good luck :stirthepot:

heres the thing if the dealer doesnt lift it they will void warranty related problems if one was to occur .mine was dealer lifted as well, i know what it costs to lift and i made sure the negotiaions went properly. but that extra measure of protection is valuable :stirthepot:

and if there like moss dodge buy one before it goes to the lift shop then you can pick your wheels . and if your willing to spend a lil extra you can get upgrades on your lift like better shocks :D

Edited by barefoot bob

• 2 weeks later...

Wish the fella I bought mine from regeared, but rear end breaks loose as is. I will refear soon. Do you have the 4 speaker stock stereo or the upgraded stereo or nav unit? Ordering Polk Audio door speakers for mine as I type.

I don't have the megacab but definately go for the Cummins if you can afford it. You not only get better mileage but better resale value on the truck down the road. If it was me I would even look at used trucks if you can find one. Used Cummins-powered Dodges seem to be hard to find on dealer lots.

Get the diesel! If you're gonna tow a toyhauler, get the six speed. If you wanna go fast stoplight to stoplight, get the automatic. You have a choice of rear end ratios.

I want to see a Mega-cab Loooooooooong bed! :mischevious:

here is my take on the 20+ inch rims

for maximum bling, they are a must :ban-split:

for off-roading, towing a trailer in the sand, and needing to air down, they SUCK :chev_bowtie:

here is why

20 inch rims with 40 inch tires only gives you around a 10 in sidewall. if you have to air down in the sand, or off-road, the sidewalls of those tires have to be extra stiff for the bigger rims, and don't flex very well. when aired down, they don't give too much of a bigger footprint on the sand for floatation, and just create more problems, like needing a tow truck

Please talk to Gary Brewer at Chapman's Las Vegas Dodge! We had a 3500 Cummins out for the clean up and even as a Ford guy I was impressed at the pulling power this thing had! Chapman's spent a lot of $ to sponser the clean up and I know Gary will set you up on a great deal. Please tell them that you heard/saw the truck at the Friends of Dumont Dunes clean up. They will be glad they wrote the check and will be more likely to sponser again.

When you are going to talk to him PM me and I will call him and make sure you get the very best deal there is!

Terry

Wish the fella I bought mine from regeared, but rear end breaks loose as is. I will refear soon. Do you have the 4 speaker stock stereo or the upgraded stereo or nav unit? Ordering Polk Audio door speakers for mine as I type.

i have the dodge radio with cd. i upgraded to alpine speakers it made a huge difference in sound quality.

i put the mopar 4:10 to one gears on 37s and it pulls harder than a 7.3 on stock wheels and tires im very happy with it

i have the dodge radio with cd. i upgraded to alpine speakers it made a huge difference in sound quality.

i put the mopar 4:10 to one gears on 37s and it pulls harder than a 7.3 on stock wheels and tires im very happy with it

I guess the Infinity System is no longer available? I got the Infinity seven speaker system with the six disc in-dash cd changer. I love it. I actually had to turn the bass DOWN because it was too much! Never had that problem before with a stock system. :ban-split: