Saturday Nights Crash

rider

From what I heard from metalalien on Sunday, the flagger guy at the finish line was hit by a rider going about 80+mph on a Banshee. He suffered many broken bones on one side of his body. The rider went one way to avoid him, the flagger went the same way, and they did that back and forth a couple times and then it was too late. :( The flagger was transported by ambulance and the rider was okay from what I heard. I hope the flagger guy is okay. They said it was a pretty nasty accident.

With the speed some of those banshee's were running, I am suprised that he had that much time to move.

Yea it happened in the blink of an eye... one step left, one step right and boom.. everyone was kinda in shock... the rangers where standing right there with their backs to the race and no one was saying anything... so I run over and let them know... then 10 or 15 quads run up the hill but not one of them leave their lights on so they are working in the dark... so I run up and point my bike with my lights on... somehow become the offical light guy I have to stick around until they get him down.

The girl I talked too said he broke bones in his lower leg, upper leg, his arm and shoudler.