Respect of Fellow Duners

Ross and Alice

My son and I were on top of Comp when a rider on a Orange/red Predator that had a wheelie wheel/bar and another one a white one with NOS bottles on the back were roosting people challenging to race up comp. Just riding around and roosting spectators, doing donuts, generally obnoxious to everyone,, ect ect

Often I sit in the same spot with several Hells Angels who bring their families to the Dunes for fun.

If it wasn't my son,, and it was Hells Angel Steve, Dennis and Axel I was sitting on our quads with,,, those guys with the Predators would still be in Las Vegas in the hospital, with red and white flowers (81's colors) being delivered to their beds,,, and would spend the next seven months in rehab., and the rest of their lives re-living what happened everytime they looked in the mirror in the morning.

The Moral:

Ya don't know who you're roosting with sand,, if ya wanna race up comp,, simply line up at the base and challengers will gladly take you on,, Dis-respect will eventually get one in big trouble.

But this new fad of roosting,,,

Just remember a broken jaw and fractured eye sockets take almost a year to heal, new teeth are expensive and uncomfortable, and a Polaris Quad with its Magnesium and tupperware would burn pretty quick in your campfire.

11796random_shots_013-med.jpg

Hells Angel Steve and his old lady Terry at the Little Dunes Gold Mines.

Bench presses 450#+ daily, has a very quick temper, extreemly tough, visits Dumont often, and both would give you the shirt off their back if you were in need.

Most the HA's don't wear their 'Colors" on the dunes,, and helmets and all, ya just don't know who you're messin' with.

We were in Laughlin 10 years before the famous bike run "Incident."

Several gang bangers were knocking on hotel room doors challenging who ever answered to a fight.

Well,, they knocked on the "Members" Steve and Travis and Jimmy Martinez room door,, and the punks got the beating of their lives.

When Hotel security got word of it,, they never responded until it was way over, paramedics hauling off the results.

We got our rooms comp'd BTW.

Respect of others will never let you down, on the dunes,, anyplace.

You can always go back to nice. Being a jerk burns a bridge.

So if a story of couple of guys on Predators got beat up and flown out of Dumont, their quads sawsall'd & melted on their campfire circulates, ya have an idea that they probably asked for it.

One time me and my brothers were at comp sitting back from the starting line watching the action.This guys lines up dead in front of us and roosts the hell out of us when he takes off. If the idiot would have pulled ahead another 5 feet no roost action would have taken place and everything would have been okay. He comes down the hill,lines up again and does the same effin thing. So to make a long story short my car wasn't running right at the time so I just backed up and my brother pulled his car into the spot the guy was taking off from. When the guy got right behind my brothers car he got the full roost of about 400 ponies and 33 blasters. The moral I guess would be pay attention to what's happening around you or it could be

PAYBACKS ARE A BIATCH :thumb:

Edited by Don29palms

That's a good story DimeStoreHood and you bring up a very good point.What's the deal with this roosting that your talking about anyway? Just like you said if you line up at the bottom of comp hill somebody will definitely race you and there is no need for roosting fellow duneriders.I bet those people were new to dumont. Lot's of riders that are new to dumont usually have no respect for others and end up leaving their trash all over the place. :thumb:

Yeah, paybacks suck. And the best of it was the guy had a 90,000 Tatum black widow with a custom paint job. :D:D:D . Get some!!!!! :thumb:

" And the best of it was the guy had a 90,000 Tatum black widow with a custom paint job"

Hey Duner,

I am curious?

What makes that the best of it?

Anyways, I agree these guys and girls definately need a little dune etiquette!

Needless to say you roost me intentionally and you are just being a jackass... I will come get you back REGARDLESS what your driving or riding... now if we are on a ride and someone gives me a facefull ohh so be it cuz it happens and they will get thier fair share behind my 2 wheeler.. :D

• 3 weeks later...

" And the best of it was the guy had a 90,000 Tatum black widow with a custom paint job"

Hey Duner,

I am curious?

What makes that the best of it?

Anyways, I agree these guys and girls definately need a little dune etiquette!

Just the fact that he dinged my paint. I think he learned his lesson though. I would never roost someone intentionally, and always look when i take off so i don't roost anyone.