Best Bike in the Sand?

redswr

hey guys i was just wondering what people are running at the dunes. i have a 99 WR400f and that thing just gets up and goes. i can beat a few rails up comp (VW's) and every quad thats raced me. i'm looking to buy a new bike and was wondering how the 250f's work in the sand. i plan on getting the wr model with the wider ratio trans but didn't know if i'd be disappointed with only having 250cc under me.

thanks

I'm still old skool. My YZ250 rips....well....with ME on it it does. :laughoff::pissed: I even smoke some of the newer bikes on the hill (except the 450's). Those will spank my bike hillshooting.

Through the dunes, on the other hand, the new 450's even have to be pushed hard to hang with my lil 250. :DDRrocks: :ban-cha:

Rhino Baby!!!!! :DDRrocks:

i drove a rhino last time i was at the dunes and i felt so unsafe in it. also if i were to spend that kind of money on something i'd just get a fast VW rail and not just some toy.

If you got the balls... CR500AF from service honda... if your balls arent that big.. than anyone of the newer 450's kick a$$.. :D

Dont need no stinking aluminum frame.

If you have real balls then get an older cr500 like mine and hold on..

Ive ridden alot of 2 wheelers and the 500 is probably the funnest Ive been on...but Im a big guy also.

Dont need no stinking aluminum frame.

If you have real balls then get an older cr500 like mine and hold on..

Ive ridden alot of 2 wheelers and the 500 is probably the funnest Ive been on...but Im a big guy also.

:coocoo: Baberrrrt C R five hundred :beercheers::dunno:

Good luck finding parts for it... if you want a big bore 2 stroke.. CR500 or KX500 parts are easy to find and no where near the price tag of that ATK... Granted a bitchen bike but pain to find parts for.

hey guys i was just wondering what people are running at the dunes. i have a 99 WR400f and that thing just gets up and goes. i can beat a few rails up comp (VW's) and every quad thats raced me. i'm looking to buy a new bike and was wondering how the 250f's work in the sand. i plan on getting the wr model with the wider ratio trans but didn't know if i'd be disappointed with only having 250cc under me.

thanks

My wife and my daughter ride 250 four strokes. In the sand I would stay with the 450. I had a 1998 WR400 and had the bike all YZ'd out and it was a great bike.....however, my CRF450 makes it seem like I was riding a TURD. :thumbsdown::driver::dunno:

My wife and my daughter ride 250 four strokes. In the sand I would stay with the 450. I had a 1998 WR400 and had the bike all YZ'd out and it was a great bike.....however, my CRF450 makes it seem like I was riding a TURD. :hello: :mc_smiley: :boxer:

Gee thats how i compare my wr426(yz'd) to a new aluminum frame YZ450... damn thing hauls the mail.. :D

The extra weight savings doesnt help either :hello:

Uh no.... it doesn't. A while back I checked the weight of a CR250 ALUMINUM FRAME and it was only about 2 lbs less than the YZ non-aluminum frame. So no...I can't see you getting any more 5th gear a$$crack with an aluminum frame. :laughoff: :mc_smiley: :boxer:

Uh no.... it doesn't. A while back I checked the weight of a CR250 ALUMINUM FRAME and it was only about 2 lbs less than the YZ non-aluminum frame. So no...I can't see you getting any more 5th gear a$$crack with an aluminum frame. :boxer::hello: :mc_smiley:

At least with the WR "6th" gear a$$crack is possible. Just something to consider. :laughoff::think::shake: